Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
House speaker seeks to sue president
« on: June 26, 2014, 09:14:17 AM »
www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/06/25/boehner-suing-obama/11355639/

I thought lawsuits were personal.  Like when no crime has technically been committed but one party feels they need some kind of justice.  Does this mean that Boehner is just being pissy?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
Re: House speaker seeks to sue president
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 02:02:05 PM »
Yes.
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 02:12:50 PM »
Maybe, just maybe, if congress tried working with Obama, instead of trying to thwart his every move, then Obama might not feel the need to abuse his powers.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 03:02:14 PM »
I find the timing interesting.  So soon before elections and immediately following his second in command's defeat to more extreme republicans.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 04:54:58 PM »
Every move made in election years are calculated moves.

Offline Shmeggley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 05:19:58 PM »
www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/06/25/boehner-suing-obama/11355639/

I thought lawsuits were personal.  Like when no crime has technically been committed but one party feels they need some kind of justice.  Does this mean that Boehner is just being pissy?

He's a pissy Boehner. That is never a good thing.

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 07:19:40 PM »
"RA RA RA EVERYONE LOOK AT ME"

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 09:30:50 PM »
I love how BLAG is an acronym.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 09:50:45 PM »
I find the timing interesting.  So soon before elections and immediately following his second in command's defeat to more extreme republicans.

It takes a while for cases to move up through the courts. If he had done it in 2016 the suit wouldn't have much impact when Obama is no longer president.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 10:46:38 PM »

It takes a while for cases to move up through the courts. If he had done it in 2016 the suit wouldn't have much impact when Obama is no longer president.
I was expecting more like 2013.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 02:01:41 AM »

If he had tried working with Obama to make things better instead of doing everything in his power to block Obama's every move, then maybe all this nonsense wouldn't be necessary.  Then again, it wouldn't be politics, would it?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.