Offline CITPOW

• View Profile
Why Microsoft gave $150 million to save Apple
« on: May 08, 2018, 01:54:17 AM »
I understand that this helped them to partner with Apple, but now Apple has done the unthinkable and has overtook Microsoft. I'm not sure that paying 150 million to get rid of their lawsuit has helped them as much as it has helped Apple. Can you guys tell me your opinions on who it benefited more and why you think it should've happened in a different way? Apple is doing better in sales, but Microsofts stock is still higher, i'm not sure, but could it be that they have plans to increase more in the future. So investors are investing in Microsoft knowing that Bill Gates will think of something to beat Apple.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/4/15176766/apple-microsoft-windows-10-vs-mac-users-figures-stats
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 09:42:01 PM by CITPOW »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Why Microsoft gave $150 million to save Apple
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 02:26:55 AM »
Please provide a link or some more details on what it is you're talking about, or I'll need to move this to Complete Nonsense.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 02:54:38 AM »
I'll post a link on behalf of OP since I love this topic and know more about Steve Jobs and Apple than a person should.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/29/steve-jobs-and-bill-gates-what-happened-when-microsoft-saved-apple.html

Having said that, the $150MM investment by Microsoft was over 20 years ago. I am not sure why OP didn't provide any context, since it isn't anything new.

It obviously benefitted Apple more, but Microsoft is still killing it, so they both made out just fine. Also, Apple "overtook" Microsoft almost a decade ago. Maybe OP is from the past?

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 05:27:57 PM »
Who cares, they're both shit companies. Regardless of which benefited more, you can be sure that one person who didn't benefit is you.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 05:48:25 PM »
Who cares, they're both shit companies. Regardless of which benefited more, you can be sure that one person who didn't benefit is you.
Depends on how much you love apple.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 06:27:33 PM »

ha ha nice hot take parsifal