Offline nickrulercreator

• It's round. That much is true.
    • View Profile
Re: New 'Blue Marble'
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2018, 04:23:23 PM »
Even if the earth was round, those images are not real.

Why?

They look utterly drawn and not photographed.

Why? What makes you an expert on how things are supposed to look?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 01:01:39 AM by nickrulercreator »
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2018, 04:49:40 PM »
Even if the earth was round, those images are not real.
Why? What makes you an expert on how things are supposed to look?

Or...

What makes you an expert on how things are supposed to look in space?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2018, 05:56:53 PM »
Who is an expert on what things look like in space? You ask a dozen astronauts what stars look like in space and you get a dozen different answers.

Some say you can't see any stars, some say you see far more stars than you could on earth, some say its a 'velvet effect of stars', some say you can see stars all the time, some say you can see stars only looking away from the sun, some say the zodiac stars are brighter ... they make it up. So how am I supposed to know what things look like in space? I only have conflicting views to go on (all of which are lies).

Below is a video with astronauts giving accounts of what space looks like. In the same video is a man telling you what models look like and how to tell them from machines.

Enjoy.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Bobby Shafto

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv72TaxoaafQr8WD
    • View Profile
    • Bobby Shafto YouTube Channel
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2018, 06:28:30 PM »
You can't honestly think that either of these images is real.

I do.

Do they look real to you?

Other than images like this, I don't know what a real image of moon/earth from a million miles away looks like. So, unless I can be shown what such an image should look like, I think they look real. Strange, but real.

Do you turn off any critical thinking ability when you see the word NASA?

I do not. Do you?

Offline Bobby Shafto

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv72TaxoaafQr8WD
    • View Profile
    • Bobby Shafto YouTube Channel
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2018, 06:29:41 PM »
Who is an expert on what things look like in space?
One thing I'll wager is it's none of us here.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2018, 06:34:00 PM »
Some say you can't see any stars, some say you see far more stars than you could on earth, some say its a 'velvet effect of stars', some say you can see stars all the time, some say you can see stars only looking away from the sun, some say the zodiac stars are brighter ... they make it up. So how am I supposed to know what things look like in space? I only have conflicting views to go on (all of which are lies).

Some flat-earthers cite instances where astronauts were talking about different or varying circumstances (in sunlight or not/in the shadow of a planet/moon or not, etc.). For instance, when the Apollo 11 crew were asked if they saw stars when observing the solar corona FROM THE SURFACE, Collins chipped in with "I didn't see any", and this is often cited as a serious comment on his part, but it's clearly a joke, because he was the only one who was not on the surface, and the only one who wasn't doing these observations.....

Below is a video with astronauts giving accounts of what space looks like. In the same video is a man telling you what models look like and how to tell them from machines.

VIDEO

Yes, but we weren't talking about space. We were talking about Earth.
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2018, 06:54:26 PM »
I got about 13 minutes into Jeran's video.
So far it's been him saying a load of stuff is fake because reasons.
No analysis of any video or photographs, just "this is fake, if you think it's real you're stupid".
Is it worth watching any more?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Max_Almond

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2018, 09:17:51 PM »
I got about 13 minutes into Jeran's video. So far it's been him saying a load of stuff is fake because reasons. No analysis of any video or photographs, just "this is fake, if you think it's real you're stupid".

A video by Jeran, you say? I shouldn't think so.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 06:22:27 AM by Max_Almond »

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2018, 01:03:39 AM »
I got about 13 minutes into Jeran's video.
So far it's been him saying a load of stuff is fake because reasons.
No analysis of any video or photographs, just "this is fake, if you think it's real you're stupid".
A video by Jeran, you say? I shouldn't think so.
So now Jeran Campanella knows that the ISS is real - I didn't bother watching how he wriggled out of it.
Is that Jeran of the "I can't understand xxxxx[1] and the proves yyyyy[2]" fame?

[1] Replace "xxxxx" by any of "physics", "astronomy", "how satellites orbit", "hidden height" etc, etc.

[2] Replace "yyyyy" by any of "the earth is stationary", "seasons don't work", "the earth is flat", "NASA lies" etc, etc.

Offline nickrulercreator

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2018, 01:05:51 AM »
Who is an expert on what things look like in space? You ask a dozen astronauts what stars look like in space and you get a dozen different answers.

Some say you can't see any stars, some say you see far more stars than you could on earth, some say its a 'velvet effect of stars', some say you can see stars all the time, some say you can see stars only looking away from the sun, some say the zodiac stars are brighter ... they make it up.

No, they're all taken out of context. When saying if they can see stars, they also usually talk about if they're in the sunlight or not. If they're not in the shadow of the Earth or Moon, it's likely they won't see stars unless they're looking at nothing but the black of space. If they are in the shadow, then they can see stars. I've never heard an astronaut say you can see stars all the time.

So how am I supposed to know what things look like in space? I only have conflicting views to go on (all of which are lies).

They're only conflicting because you don't put them into context. How do you know they're ALL lying. How is NASA and other agencies able to keep more than 500 people silent about their space travels?

Enjoy.

I'm not watching a 32 minute video. Timestamp the important parts or sum it up for me please.
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.

« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2018, 01:44:19 AM »

Enjoy.

I'm not watching a 32 minute video. Timestamp the important parts or sum it up for me please.
TL;DW: Jeranism saw something that's definitely the same shape as the ISS, but he can neither explain what it is nor how whatever it is up there works. He then babbles on about all sorts of reasons he personally doesn't believe anything, and why he thinks everything involved with it is "A complete and total joke" with his entire argument essentially being an argument from incredulity. Par for the course of those who subscribe to the space conspiracy hypothesis.

Offline nickrulercreator

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2018, 03:47:19 AM »
TL;DW: Jeranism saw something that's definitely the same shape as the ISS, but he can neither explain what it is nor how whatever it is up there works.

It looks like a duck, it swims like a duck, it quacks like a duck, so it probably is a duck.

It looks like the ISS, moves like the ISS, and turns in the sky relative to the observer like the ISS, so it probably is the ISS.

He then babbles on about all sorts of reasons he personally doesn't believe anything, and why he thinks everything involved with it is "A complete and total joke" with his entire argument essentially being an argument from incredulity. Par for the course of those who subscribe to the space conspiracy hypothesis.

Typical. Jeranism resorts to blatant denial. Why does he keep refusing reality? Don't flat earthers, especially him, love to go on about "personal experience and first-hand observation" as evidence? Well, he observed the ISS himself, with his own eyes. What's his deal?