Treep Ravisarras

Re: so - I don't understand pictures of people parachuting . . .
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2018, 07:41:56 AM »
Of course there is [barrel distortion].
Do you see barrel distortion in this image also? And if yes, how is it causing round (distorted) earth, but not same distortion of spacecraft, which is circle opposite way  ???

How can this be fisheye lens causing round earth?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2018, 09:48:10 AM »
If the horizon is below the center of the image it will curve the other way. This is the optics of a wide angle lens.

What about side-to-side?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2018, 10:00:26 AM »
Do you see barrel distortion in this image also?
This thread is about photos of people parachuting. Please take your schtick elsewhere.

Yet there's no warping in the line of stitching on the yellow webbing, which runs broadly parallel to the line of the horizon .... if the horizon has been warped by barrel distortion, that line is prime candidate to be warped too.
I disagree. First of all, you're looking at a point where the warping becomes rather minor, even in the horizon. Secondly, I appreciate that this may not be easy to discern to someone with no experience of photo manipulation, but there *is* warping there and it *can* be seen with the naked eye.

I can only repeat my encouragement for you to experiment with the photo by yourself. I could, of course, send you an altered photo, but I doubt you'd take my word for it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 10:02:04 AM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2018, 10:12:26 AM »
This thread is about photos of people parachuting. Please take your schtick elsewhere.

Yet the OP's first line is

Hi all - I am new.  Just wondering about pictures of people parachuting - where you see the earth's curvature behind them.

... and you find it unreasonable that someone posts a picture of something else at a higher altitude with "the earth's curvature behind (it)" for comparison ... ?

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2018, 10:14:08 AM »
I can only repeat my encouragement for you to experiment with the photo by yourself. I could, of course, send you an altered photo, but I doubt you'd take my word for it.

No need to send it to me. Post it here and let everyone see it.

Nearly?

Treep Ravisarras

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2018, 11:00:04 AM »
Ok, thread talks about curvature in videos. Some have said (a few actually) that you need to be higher than parachute to see curvature. Then Flat Earth says barrel distortion causes curvature.

But I'm confused how it is causing round (distorted) earth, but not same distortion of spacecraft, which is circle opposite way

More than happy to start new topic about I don't understand pictures of curvature of earth. Some people here say it belongs here.

Yes, please send photo that shows step process. Might be better to post here. I have Lightroom so can do myself afterwards.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 11:01:57 AM by Treep Ravisaras »