Hi everyone!

I am a student at Oregon State University. For a writing class, we are assigned to write a feature story for our final project. I'm extremely interested in The Flat Earth Society and don't know much about it. I am hoping to interview someone part of this society, as that is one of the requirements.

If anyone has any tips for me or would like to reach please don't hesitate to respond.

Thanks so much!
Maddie

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
I'm extremely interested in The Flat Earth Society and don't know much about it.
Intuitively, those statements contradict each other. Either you're interested in something or you didn't bother to learn much about it.

I am hoping to interview someone part of this society, as that is one of the requirements.
If your assignment allows it, you can post your questions here and people will respond at their leisure. Please bear in mind that you will be expected to have at least some familiarity with the subject. The basics are well documented, and we're not interested in spelling them out over and over.

If you require a direct one-on-one interview, I'd honestly recommend you reconsider your subject. We're usually too busy to conduct interviews that we know won't be published.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Thank you for your response, Pete. I have read through the Flat Earth Society's FAQ, history, and other aspects of the website. When I said I did not know much about it I was referring to the fact that I do not have any peers that are part of the society. Additionally, I have never learned about it in school and other settings.

This being said, I know the basics and have read the materials provided by the Flat Earth Society. For my assignment, I was hoping to interview any member that was willing to talk about their experiences and background.

Thank you for suggesting I post my questions on the forum! I will talk to my professor and possibly go about it that way. I will also continue to reach out to see if any member wants to have an informal interview with me. Since it is not being published, there is much less pressure. Thanks again!