Offline ElTrancy

• God help and forgive me
    • View Profile
Holocaust - Why do some people think it's fake?
« on: November 26, 2018, 04:03:54 PM »
Honestly, I don't know how to start with this...please, go ahead and explain.
Please fucking launch a mininuke at me, I've become hopelessly lost.

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Holocaust - Why do some people think it's fake?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 01:01:26 AM »
Honestly, I don't know how to start with this...please, go ahead and explain.

Because they're idiots.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 06:35:57 AM »
Several possibilities:

1. They hate Jews and don't wanna think they were in danger.
2. They can't wrap their heads around genocide, like how anyone could do it, so they assume its false.
3. They don't care to learn anything else.
4. They're idiots.

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 07:21:49 AM »
Some people just disagree with the way it is presented.

See:

I tend to dislike people who have moral outrage over Holocause denialism. They regularly call for laws to limit freedom of speech, and regularly call for prosecution of anyone who dares to question the official story on grounds of 'hate speech'. In a number of European countries there are laws that will send you to prison if you question any part of the story of the Holocaust.

The leading groups are themselves denying what happened during the Holocaust:

From the Holocaust Remembrance Alliance:

Working Definition of Holocaust Denial and Distortion

The present definition is an expression of the awareness that Holocaust denial and distortion have to be challenged and denounced nationally and internationally and need examination at a global level.  IHRA hereby adopts the following legally non-binding working definition as its working tool.

Holocaust denial is discourse and propaganda that deny the historical reality and the extent of the extermination of the Jews by the Nazis and their accomplices during World War II, known as the Holocaust or the Shoah. Holocaust denial refers specifically to any attempt to claim that the Holocaust/Shoah did not take place.

From the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum:

WHAT IS HOLOCAUST DENIAL?

The Holocaust is one of the best documented events in history. “Holocaust denial” describes attempts to negate the established facts of the Nazi genocide of European Jewry. Common denial assertions are: that the murder of six million Jews during World War II never occurred; that the Nazis had no official policy or intention to exterminate the Jews; and that the poison gas chambers in Auschwitz-Birkenau death camp never existed.

However, it is wildly known that the actual number of deaths were 6 million Jews, plus 11 million others:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/27/holocaust-non-jewish-victims_n_6555604.html

the Nazis targeted many other groups: for their race, beliefs or what they did.

Historians estimate the total number of deaths to be 11 million, with the victims encompassing gay people, priests, gypsies, people with mental or physical disabilities, communists, trade unionists, Jehovah’s Witnesses, anarchists, Poles and other Slavic peoples, and resistance fighters.

The Holocaust Victims page on Wikipedia portrays Jews as a minority of the Holocaust victims: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_victims

Victims   Killed
Jews   5-6 million
Poles   1.8–3 million
Soviet Slavs   6 million
Soviet POWs   2.8–3.3 million
Serbs   300,000–600,000   
Disabled   270,000
Romani   130,000–500,000   
Freemasons   80,000–200,000
Slovenes   20,000–25,000
Homosexuals   5,000–15,000
Jehovah's Witnesses   1,250–5,000
Spanish Republicans   7,000

Hypocrytes. Why don't they give a crap about other races? If you explore the pages  of the leading groups it is 99% about the Holocaust and Jews, with perhaps a very brief one sentence mention of "and other races" buried in the material.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 08:35:13 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 09:01:11 AM »
Some people just disagree with the way it is presented.
But some people genuinely don't think it happened. Pickel on here used to have that in her sig!

But there are plenty of photos and film of the aftermath of the holocaust, there are still holocaust survivors alive, it's a matter of recorded history that it happened.
To deny all the photos as fake, all the witnesses as liars and all experts wrong...it's pretty "out there".

Remind you of anything...?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 09:54:20 AM »
Remind you of anything...?

Yes, it does. There is plenty of evidence of wires and bubbles and space fakery. How people can deny that evidence is absurd.

More on topic, the witness testimonials of the Holocaust is evidence. When I looked into the controversy I found it intesting that the problem wasn't so much that people were calling the witnesses liars, but I have seen authors labled as Holocaust Deniers when they point out that it was not only the Jews that were prosecuted, or if they had any disagreement with the historical evidence of the numbers. Their Wikipedia pages then defaced with accusations of them being anti-Semitic and denyers of the Holocaust, defamement campaigns, and then calling for prosecution of that kind of speech. I actually believe the problem to be with those over-zealous defenders.

There has been a world-wide campaign to throw people in jail if they say anything that can be categorized as denying the Holocaust. Countries have those laws in the books. It is outrageous. Luckily, I think those people are starting to age and are not as motivated to continue their nonsense.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 12:04:41 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 03:00:29 PM »
More on topic, the witness testimonials of the Holocaust is evidence.

The...witness...testimonials...are evidence? XD Disproving your entire movement while helping me try to understand something else entirely.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 03:11:29 PM »
More on topic, the witness testimonials of the Holocaust is evidence.

The...witness...testimonials...are evidence? XD Disproving your entire movement while helping me try to understand something else entirely.

The astronaut testimonial is evidence. The video of them using wire support and other tactics is also evidence. If we found evidence that the Holocaust victims were being paid to lie for some purpose, that would also be evidence. Why wouldn't it be?

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 01:18:41 AM »
Real
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2018, 01:21:27 PM »
It would be...But anyways, thanks, that helped a little. I'm gonna find someone who actually doesn't believe it happened, and talk to them.

BillO

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 12:21:39 AM »
There is plenty of evidence of wires and bubbles and space fakery.

Confirmation bias.  A well understood phenomenon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

How people can deny that evidence is absurd.
We choose to apply intellectual integrity and utilize critical thinking.  These are the tools of the true zetetic and they cut through a lot of hokum about conspiracies and other nonsense like the fallacy of argument from incredulity.  A couple of favorites of the flat earth community.

But I fail to see how any of this has anything to do with the Holocaust. Maybe you're just moving this guy into position:

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:27:33 PM by BillO »

Jimmy McGill

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 03:21:00 PM »
Some people look out their window every morning and see a flat earth, some people look out their window in the morning and don't see millions of Jews being executed.

Offline ElTrancy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2019, 02:17:02 PM »
Off topic, but great responses  ;D