Any Muslims on here? How do you determine direction of Qiblah?
« on: February 28, 2018, 10:02:51 PM »
This is a question for fellow Muslims on this forum. I was introduced to this concept last year by close friends of mine living here in Toronto. We would describe ourselves as orthodox in our leanings and practicing. They are earnest believers in FE themselves.

My question  for other fellow FE Muslims is how do you determine the Qiblah (assuming you live a distance away from Mecca)? What sources do you use that you feel are reliable enough to give you an approximate direction within 45 degrees of the actual direction?

I am posting on this forum for the first time and I'm not sure what the rules are  for posting links but there is a website that gives a method prescribed by Muslim astronomers from the past on how to determine the Qiblah without using any tools. Once I figure out the rules I will attempt to link to the method so we can hopefully discuss and come to an agreement on the matter.

PS. I'm not looking to debate FE vs RE, just curious about Qiblah direction as it would be determined on a FE using some reliable method that doesn't require compromised data generated by Google, etc.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:45:58 PM by bobsaget86 »

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
Re: Any Muslims on here? How do you determine direction ofQiblah ?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 11:27:36 PM »
As yourself mentioned this has nothing to do with this forum.
Its not a FE question or a RE question.
It has nothing to do with debating the topic.

Re: Any Muslims on here? How do you determine direction ofQiblah ?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 11:41:21 PM »
As yourself mentioned this has nothing to do with this forum.
Its not a FE question or a RE question.
It has nothing to do with debating the topic.

I admit this is my first post on this forum and I am new to the rules and community. However, if I understand correctly I have not posted in the Debate portion of the forum but in FE General.

I am curious how a person determines the direction to Mecca from their own location if they assume they are living on a FE. I expect they would not rely on Google Earth or other similar sources as they are allegedly fraudulent.