Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
A New Explanation for the Lunar Eclipse
« on: January 21, 2020, 10:59:01 PM »
If the theory of Electromagnetic Acceleration is responsible for the phases of the Moon, it follows that it may be responsible for the Lunar Eclipse as well. The Lunar Eclipse may occur on an occasion when the Moon temporarily moves beyond the vertical rays of the Sun, causing a shadow upon its face. The slightly concave, essentially flat shadow is convexly curved on the Moon simply because the Moon is a sphere, and itself exhibits convex curvature, more so than the shape of the shadow.

https://wiki.tfes.org/Lunar_Eclipse_due_to_Electromagnetic_Acceleration

The above page explains the conceptual basis of the matter, and shows why the Lunar Eclipse occurs when the Moon is Full and when the Sun and Moon are on opposite extremes of the Earth. The time of the Full Moon is when the Sun and Moon are furthest from each other, and where a wandering out of the Sun's area of light would occur. This idea is still in development, but is already more geometrically satisfying than previous explanations.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 11:09:24 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tim Alphabeaver

• That's no beaver
    • View Profile
Re: A New Explanation for the Lunar Eclipse
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 10:52:36 PM »
Read the wiki page but I don't think I understand the mechanism. I look forward to this idea being fleshed out a bit.
**I move away from the infinite flat plane to breathe in