Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
Re: What do FEers mean by "theory"
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2014, 10:04:01 PM »
Once again you insist on applying inappropriate contexts. I am not talking about an "objective" Truth as in, say, arguments derived from mathematical Platonism. I'm talking about the truth (note the lower-case spelling, which you erroneously tried to correct) as it is used in common parlance.
Okay, I fixed that issue. Now can you answer the question or do you need to find another reason to dodge?

Also how does FET explain the photos testimonies of the round Earth from space without a conspiracy?
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2014, 08:12:14 AM »
Okay, I fixed that issue.
You did? Where? So far all you've been doing is furthering the issue; and you continue doing so by adding more disjoint things into the mix. You cocked it up even more by talking about "objective science and truth".

Gödel correctly distinguishes between synthetic and analytic propositions, but I don't see why you think that would affect epistemology.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2014, 12:39:19 PM »
Okay, I fixed that issue.
You did? Where? So far all you've been doing is furthering the issue; and you continue doing so by adding more disjoint things into the mix. You cocked it up even more by talking about "objective science and truth".

Gödel correctly distinguishes between synthetic and analytic propositions, but I don't see why you think that would affect epistemology.
So just more dodging as I expected.

Oh, and here:
My point stands, FET includes a conspiracy and is thereby not Science.
FET is not science by default (even though it does not intrinsically include a conspiracy). We reject the scientific method as something that's insufficient for the purpose of establishing the truth. This is something you've known for a long time. If you now claim that, after two pages of arguing and continuously failing at understanding simple human communication and set theory, you conclude the obvious, then I take that as a concession that you no longer have an argument, assuming you had one to begin with (which is generous).
I'll accept "FET is not science". Thanks.

Why would anyone argue that there is "something that's" sufficient for the purpose of establishing the truth? Are you claiming that you have that something? Have your read Godel's works on the topic?

ETF: PP's wish to avoid objective science and truth.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2014, 01:04:11 PM »
Oh, and here: <quote follows>
Right. Well, I encourage you to read my response.

So far all you've been doing is furthering the issue; and you continue doing so by adding more disjoint things into the mix. You cocked it up even more by talking about "objective science and truth".

See, the issue here is that you're unable to ask a coherent question and, when that's pointed out to you, instead of finally fixing it, you either make it worse or get pretentious about others "dodging" your questions. In fact, you alternate between the two.

C'mon CT, I believe in you. You can do it. You can break the mould. Ask a coherent question, one that doesn't introduce more fallacies to your melting pot.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2014, 02:05:38 PM »
So. still no answer. I expected as much.

Also how does FET explain the photos testimonies of the round Earth from space without a conspiracy?

Why would anyone argue that there is "something that's" sufficient for the purpose of establishing the truth? Are you claiming that you have that something? Have your read Godel's works on the topic?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2014, 02:10:18 PM »
Indeed. Until you make your questions coherent, they cannot be answered from a pragmatic standpoint. That you expected this and did nothing to prevent it is a testament to your intellectual dishonesty, and not something to be proud about.

You restating over and over that the unanswerable hasn't been answered for you yet is perfectly fine by me, but I have to wonder why you'd do something so pointless and unrewarding.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 02:13:20 PM by pizaaplanet »

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2014, 03:53:18 PM »
Indeed. Until you make your questions coherent, they cannot be answered from a pragmatic standpoint. That you expected this and did nothing to prevent it is a testament to your intellectual dishonesty, and not something to be proud about.

You restating over and over that the unanswerable hasn't been answered for you yet is perfectly fine by me, but I have to wonder why you'd do something so pointless and unrewarding.
Yes, all you do is dodge. Even the worst of questions can give the wise an avenue to explain his position. Oh well, I expected nothing more from you.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2014, 04:53:39 PM »
Well, it would seem we've hit the stopping point, then. You're not willing to ask a coherent question, and I can do nothing but point out the incoherence of incoherent questions, which you're not willing to accept. Instead, you keep talking about your self-proclaimed prophetic powers, which so far have enabled you to predict the obvious.

If you ever change your mind, do feel free to ask coherent questions, but until then, I shall consider this matter concluded, and my points conceded.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2014, 05:32:08 PM »
Well, it would seem we've hit the stopping point, then. You're not willing to ask a coherent question, and I can do nothing but point out the incoherence of incoherent questions, which you're not willing to accept. Instead, you keep talking about your self-proclaimed prophetic powers, which so far have enabled you to predict the obvious.

If you ever change your mind, do feel free to ask coherent questions, but until then, I shall consider this matter concluded, and my points conceded.
I do agree with you that FET is not science. That's enough truth for one thread. Thanks.