Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Warning for being off topic when not off topic
« on: June 21, 2020, 11:00:34 AM »
In the black lives matter thread a response was as follows

but when black people get the police called on them for doing nothing there's a problem.

This is a stereotype of black people. The dindu nuffins. Where black people always claim they are not treated the same ... but then you find out the full details, they have not been behaving the same. IE they were resisting arrest but never mentioned that, or they were high on crystal meth, or they did have a large machete on them.

So, I responded to the streotype with the meme (memes are often based on sterotypes). There is no rule that memes are banned on this site. Used on topic and in context, they are fine to use to make a point.

Cool story, bro.

To which the person I engaged in debate then responded
I'm not talking about criminals getting stopped, I'm talking about people being stopped for 'being black while doing this mundane thing' which sadly happens.

EDIT: example;

So ... I'm the OP.
I make a topic about activists protesting police treatment of black people.
I respond to a comment about that treatment showing the stereotype.
The person answers and the conversation continues.

At what point was I off topic?

Quote from: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dindu%20nuffin
The phrase “dindu nuffin” is derived from a bastardization of the phrase “didn’t do nothing”, a plea for innocence often used in reference to unarmed black men killed by police.
I couldn't be any more on topic.

Please rescind my warning and give your head a wobble. Just because the sensitive nature of the topic may have triggered you, is not a reason to start issuing warnings. If you can't moderate without your own emotions clouding your judgement, you shouldn't be moderating.

I would have just messaged the mod responsible and quietly asked them to be reasonable ... but due to the cowardly way warnings are anonymously issued at TFES, that was not possible.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 11:10:55 AM by Toddler Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Warning for being off topic when not off topic
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 04:22:24 AM »
I gave the warning. Your post was low-effort bait, and the warning will stay as-is.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 06:40:02 PM »
I gave the warning. Your post was low-effort bait, and the warning will stay as-is.
I was given the warning for off topic content. Not low-content posting. You are moving the goal posts because you are in the wrong.

Look how many words I needed to describe the stereotype to you. My post was concise and moved the conversation in the right direction. In no way was the thread derailed. Your warning is erroneous. No victim, no crime.

I would urge you to reconsider in order to restore some of your credibility.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 06:44:51 PM by Toddler Thork »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 09:46:26 PM »
I was given the warning for off topic content. Not low-content posting. You are moving the goal posts because you are in the wrong.

Look how many words I needed to describe the stereotype to you. My post was concise and moved the conversation in the right direction. In no way was the thread derailed. Your warning is erroneous. No victim, no crime.

I would urge you to reconsider in order to restore some of your credibility.

Who said anything about low-content? Although it also falls under that category. I don't think you know what the phrase "moving the goal posts" means...

You can try crying and whining to someone else if you want, but the warnings stays. I couldn't care less about your perception of credibility around here.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 09:58:28 PM »
I couldn't care less
That's what makes you a pretty poor mod. That and your inability to separate your personal feelings about individual members of the forum from your responsibility to moderate fairly.

You've been a mod for a very long time. It might be time for a change? You clearly harbour resentment towards certain members of TFES. Perhaps stripping you back to being a regular user would bring about a little balance? Its not healthy to have the same person lording it over everyone else perpetually. I'd be happy to see you step down in favour of some fresh blood. Or for the admins to bring you to heel. Either way.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 10:09:05 PM »
The only one with an overflowing abundance of personal feeling is you. You never think any rules apply to you and you can't just be a big boy and accept a minor behavioral correction/reminder. It's not the first time you have gone on a long-winded rant because you didn't get your way over a minor infraction.

I definitely agree I'm a terrible mod though, I've told Parsifal to ban me but he refuses. Let me know when you've got that all taken care of, thanks.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 11:04:11 AM »
I've reviewed the warning. Thork, your post blatantly falls outside of the standards of the upper fora. It wasn't "related to the thread's opening topic or a natural progression thereof". The "person you engaged in debate" responded by pointing out that you completely missed his point. In other words, the response you're so proud of was literally pointing out that you're veering off topic.

Posting basically nothing other than a meme (two old memes in rapid succession, if we count the text) is not how you PR&S. If you want to say "haha cool story bro", do what literally everyone else does - start a thread in CN/AR with your super edgy response.

No one cares if you're the OP, the rules still apply to you.

Furthermore, your posts here are completely out of whack, too. You're doing the standard "boo hoo, Thork didn't get his way" routine. I'm asking you to stop. Alternatively, if you're so unhappy with how cowardly SMF's codebase is and how terrible it is that you can't just spam the forum with shitposts whenever you feel like it, you can find a place that suits your needs better.

As far as I can tell, Junker's only fault here was to continue engaging with you after it became obvious that you're just trolling. This thread has run its course, so I'll be locking it. If you want to escalate this, bother Parsifal directly.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 11:26:22 AM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume