Wouldn't the Sun's path on the Flat Earth be Elliptical?
« on: December 21, 2016, 06:14:34 PM »
A problem often cited by those with the contemporary world view, is that the Sun couldn't possibly exist as it appears transposed over a the AEP, and I agree. The Sun would have to speed up during the time it follows the Tropic of Capricorn to rotate the earth as it does on the Tropic of Cancer.

Is it possible the path of the sun could be elliptical? We already believe Earth to be on an elliptical orbit, wouldn't it be more natural of a movement for it to behave in the manner of a pendulum, whos path becomes increasingly elliptical at points. Has anyone ever seen the way a ceiling fan rocks when it's not very secure? It certainly follows the law of conservation of momentum, which would be amazing if we could apply our known physical laws the rest of the universe. Either way a perfectly circular path seems unrealistic.

Could it be a means to explain the phenomenon of the anallema?

Just posing the question, sorry if it has been discussed before.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 06:17:33 PM by TheTruthIsOnHere »

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Re: Wouldn't the Sun's path on the Flat Earth be Elliptical?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 11:24:07 PM »
A problem often cited by those with the contemporary world view, is that the Sun couldn't possibly exist as it appears transposed over a the AEP, and I agree. The Sun would have to speed up during the time it follows the Tropic of Capricorn to rotate the earth as it does on the Tropic of Cancer.

Is it possible the path of the sun could be elliptical? We already believe Earth to be on an elliptical orbit, wouldn't it be more natural of a movement for it to behave in the manner of a pendulum, whos path becomes increasingly elliptical at points. Has anyone ever seen the way a ceiling fan rocks when it's not very secure? It certainly follows the law of conservation of momentum, which would be amazing if we could apply our known physical laws the rest of the universe. Either way a perfectly circular path seems unrealistic.

Could it be a means to explain the phenomenon of the anallema?

Just posing the question, sorry if it has been discussed before.
The big objection to this idea is that I believe that there is little argument that looked at in the short term, ie day by day,
the sun certainly appears to rotate in a circular path with (on the Antarctica Ice Wall model) the north pole as its centre.
Near mid-summer,= in the northern hemisphere, it is above the Tropic of Cancer all the way around the earth,
near either equinox, it is above the Equator all the way around the earth and
near mid-summer in the southern hemisphere, it is above the Tropic of Capricorn all the way around the earth.

So in this flat earth geographic model, the sun traverses a continual spiral from around the Tropic of Cancer to the Equator out to the Tropic of Capricorn then back.

I don't any alternative, other than a different layout for the flat earth, such as the Bipolar Flat Earth that Tom Bishop is believes. This is mentioned in
Antarctica
Antartica is the name given to the southern polar region of the earth.

There are two main theories concerning the nature and extent of Antarctica. The first and most widely accepted theory says that Antarctica is a portion of ice surrounding earth, and that in its end there is a huge wall of ice (with different sizes depending on the sub theory) which is the edge of the earth. The second theory says that the center of the earth's surface is the point where the Equator and the Prime Meridian meet, and therefore Antarctica is a distinct continent located at the South.

Below are images of the two flat earth geographic models, which convey the different concepts of Antarctica within flat earth theory:

See Flat Earth Wiki, Antarctica for the maps.

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 07:00:49 PM »

I don't understand how an elliptical path would help. Perhaps you could draw a diagram of the proposed path?

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 07:26:55 AM »

I don't understand how an elliptical path would help. Perhaps you could draw a diagram of the proposed path?

It's so funny how TheTruthIsOnHere disappears when he gets an answer he doesn't like.

Maybe he's afraid that he might find that the "The Truth that Is On Here" isn't the truth he was hoping for.

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 04:23:43 PM »

It's so funny how TheTruthIsOnHere disappears when he gets an answer he doesn't like.

Maybe he's afraid that he might find that the "The Truth that Is On Here" isn't the truth he was hoping for.

I didn't get any answers, from what I could glean.

All I am saying is that it seems illogical for the sun to have a perfectly circular path, considering all the contemporary observation points to elliptical orbits or planets.

An elliptical path of the sun over a flat earth could explain the anallema effect.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 05:54:08 PM »
I still don't understand how an elliptical path solves the problem of the sun needing to speed up or explains the analemma. Could you explain your reasoning?

(Remember, the analemma is a yearly cycle, not a daily cycle. For the heliocentric model, the vertical variation in the analemma is caused by the tilt of the earth and the horizontal variation is caused by the ellipticity of the orbit.)

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 06:35:19 PM »
I didn't get any answers, from what I could glean.
Sure you did: the answer was "NO".  I'll quote the relevant section:

The big objection to this idea is that I believe that there is little argument that looked at in the short term, ie day by day,
the sun certainly appears to rotate in a circular path with (on the Antarctica Ice Wall model) the north pole as its centre.
Near mid-summer,= in the northern hemisphere, it is above the Tropic of Cancer all the way around the earth,
near either equinox, it is above the Equator all the way around the earth and
near mid-summer in the southern hemisphere, it is above the Tropic of Capricorn all the way around the earth.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice