Offline AATW

• View Profile
NASA’s Latest Moon Actors
« on: April 03, 2023, 05:31:05 PM »
NASA announce their latest group of astronauts who will pretend to go to the moon

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-65165845

Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
Re: NASA’s Latest Moon Actors
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 01:45:19 AM »
Reparations for all.....
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 06:58:53 AM »
Like Apollo which preceded it in the 60s, this is a developmental programme in which each mission uses proven tech, and adds on new developments.  Apollo 1 through 7 developed and proved the basic space-worthiness of the vehicles, 8 explored the tech to reach the moon, 9 the ability to rendezvous in Earth orbit, 10 took that rendezvous-technology to lunar orbit and 11 actually landed.  Artemis does all that in 3 planned missions, presumably because greater reliance can be placed on developments due to the ability to test computer modelling, and the shear experience of being in space for 6 decades. 

What I find particularly interesting is that Apollo was laid out in the early 60s and every schoolboy (it was the 60s; it was a boy-thing) knew the names of the modules, length of the journey, how the modules interacted and so forth well before any of the tech actually got close to the moon.  The difference with Artemis is that NASA was quite open early on that how they will get from lunar orbit to lunar landing has not yet been developed; they are still just assuming that something will be facilitated by emerging technology.  That's the difference between fact and fiction; if they were just making this stuff up, they wouldn't have to wait another 2 or 3 years to actually work out how to build something. 

Dual1ty

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2023, 09:22:39 PM »
Like Apollo which preceded it in the 60s, this is a developmental programme in which each mission uses proven tech, and adds on new developments.  Apollo 1 through 7 developed and proved the basic space-worthiness of the vehicles, 8 explored the tech to reach the moon, 9 the ability to rendezvous in Earth orbit, 10 took that rendezvous-technology to lunar orbit and 11 actually landed.  Artemis does all that in 3 planned missions, presumably because greater reliance can be placed on developments due to the ability to test computer modelling, and the shear experience of being in space for 6 decades. 

What I find particularly interesting is that Apollo was laid out in the early 60s and every schoolboy (it was the 60s; it was a boy-thing) knew the names of the modules, length of the journey, how the modules interacted and so forth well before any of the tech actually got close to the moon.  The difference with Artemis is that NASA was quite open early on that how they will get from lunar orbit to lunar landing has not yet been developed; they are still just assuming that something will be facilitated by emerging technology.  That's the difference between fact and fiction; if they were just making this stuff up, they wouldn't have to wait another 2 or 3 years to actually work out how to build something.

Since you're clearly an expert in space travel technology - How many more years until the warp drive do you think? Once the Space Force gets done developing the warp drive, are they going to be able to use it to get to the Moon in a nanosecond, or is 240,000 miles too close for the warp drive?

The sad part is that Artemis 1 was originally scheduled for 2016 and didn't happen until 2022. Who knows how many more years of delays for the upcoming "missions". Meanwhile, NASA gets $69 million a day and Biden wants to increase that to $74 million a day in 2024. All so that people like you can keep their cozy uncritical faith intact.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 10:14:13 PM by Dual1ty »

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2023, 09:01:17 AM »

Since you're clearly an expert in space travel technology - How many more years until the warp drive do you think? Once the Space Force gets done developing the warp drive, are they going to be able to use it to get to the Moon in a nanosecond, or is 240,000 miles too close for the warp drive?

The sad part is that Artemis 1 was originally scheduled for 2016 and didn't happen until 2022. Who knows how many more years of delays for the upcoming "missions". Meanwhile, NASA gets $69 million a day and Biden wants to increase that to $74 million a day in 2024. All so that people like you can keep their cozy uncritical faith intact.

I don't know where you got the idea that I'm "an expert in space travel technology", though as a licenced aircraft engineer I understand some of the technologies and challenges involved.  Warp Drive?   Completely outside my training and experience, and I haven't seen reference to it in any industry journals, so I've no idea how it might work, what progress they are making, or what limitations may apply to it. 

Artemis delayed by 6 years?  My goodness, what are they frigging around at.  Appalling progress.  Should be ashamed of themselves. 

What I do understand though (referencing JFK, and this really isn't rocket science) is that they don't attempt  these things because they are easy, but because they are hard.  Humankind doesn't achieve anything unless it strives for what appears to be unachievable.  I'm sure medieval Europe and Viking Scandinavia had its share of cynics complaining about how many millions of Krona were being spent on pointless (non-existent?) sea voyages, when they should be concentrating on witch burning. 

Fortunately, others believed in the need to explore frontiers and send vessels on 5-year missions to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man had been before. 

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2023, 09:17:28 AM »
if they were just making this stuff up, they wouldn't have to wait another 2 or 3 years to actually work out how to build something.
As the resident expert in epistemology, how have you established that they have to wait 2 or 3 years, as opposed to simply deciding to?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2023, 10:48:50 AM »
I'm no more an epistemologist than a cosmologist, but If you want my opinion; if I was in the White House, I'd prefer to get the deed done, and accolades garnered whilst I was still rational and elected.  And alive. 

I suppose we could always put the delay down to the Writers Guild of America dispute.  This narrative doesn't write itself. 

Dual1ty

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2023, 10:57:46 AM »
I'm no more an epistemologist than a cosmologist, but If you want my opinion; if I was in the White House, I'd prefer to get the deed done, and accolades garnered whilst I was still rational and elected.  And alive. 

I suppose we could always put the delay down to the Writers Guild of America dispute.  This narrative doesn't write itself.

"Get the deed done".

:-X

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2023, 03:40:47 PM »

"Get the deed done".

:-X
It's a lot easier to fake a fake moon trip being faked than to fake a real moon trip. Anybody could craft the kind of green screen bullshit that the moon conspiracy people post. What makes your bullshit pictures real and everyone else's bullshit pictures fake?

What if "the deed" is about getting lulz and making money by messing with people who don't know what's real?

Wouldn't be the first time...
https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/moon-shot-race-a-hoax-and-the-birth-of-fake-news

What evidence would you have to examine to believe the moon trip occurred?
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Dual1ty

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2023, 03:55:23 PM »
It's a lot easier to fake a fake moon trip being faked than to fake a real moon trip. Anybody could craft the kind of green screen bullshit that the moon conspiracy people post. What makes your bullshit pictures real and everyone else's bullshit pictures fake?

What if "the deed" is about getting lulz and making money by messing with people who don't know what's real?

Wouldn't be the first time...
https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/moon-shot-race-a-hoax-and-the-birth-of-fake-news

What evidence would you have to examine to believe the moon trip occurred?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2023, 01:05:36 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-asia-india-66576580

They all look pretty happy, considering they're faking it all.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Dual1ty

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2023, 01:48:30 PM »

99.9% of the people who work for space agencies don't know they're faking it. You would be happy too if you lived 2000 years ago and believed you helped Jesus walk on water and never questioned it.

Another non-argument from the heliocentrist religion pusher.

"Oh, look at how happy these religious members are. You just have to have faith in their church/religion like they do and you can be happy too!"
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 02:16:37 PM by Dual1ty »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2023, 02:22:16 PM »

99.9% of the people who work for space agencies don't know they're faking it.
And your evidence for that is...?

Dual1ty

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2023, 02:25:37 PM »

99.9% of the people who work for space agencies don't know they're faking it.
And your evidence for that is...?

Most people can't fake being that happy. So clearly they are just useful idiots like you.

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2023, 02:39:52 PM »
I think more credit is due to Roscosmos.  They're losing a war, Rouble is collapsing, and their only friends on the disc are Belarus, Iran and North Korea. 

Obvious thing to restore credibility to your regime is to fake your spacecraft obliterating itself on the moon. 

ps. "... idiots like you"?  Is that going to stand? 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 02:42:08 PM by DuncanDoenitz »

Dual1ty

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2023, 02:48:22 PM »
I think more credit is due to Roscosmos.  They're losing a war, Rouble is collapsing, and their only friends on the disc are Belarus, Iran and North Korea. 

Obvious thing to restore credibility to your regime is to fake your spacecraft obliterating itself on the moon. 

How do you know that it crashed on the Moon? Did you get your binos out and saw it?

You have the most cringe-worthy arguments for beliving in heliocentrism.

ps. "... idiots like you"?  Is that going to stand?

Useful idiots. It's well known that useful idiots exist. It is a matter of fact.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 02:50:28 PM by Dual1ty »

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2023, 03:40:26 PM »
[

How do you know that it crashed on the Moon? Did you get your binos out and saw it?

You're missing my point.  On the basis that no lay-person can observe it, why announce it?  Did it crash?  Did it exist?  Just like you, I've no evidence either way.

The only agencies with the wherewithall to detect its actual presence (or absence) would be the equivalents of Roscosmos in other countries and similar alliances; NASA, EASA, CNSA, etc.  Just like India is experiencing at the moment, a successful mission of this magnitude and complexity is a source of immense kudos and national prestige, both for the home-audience and abroad. 

What is the logic behind Russia mounting this mission (or fake-mission) in the first place, televising its faked-launch, reporting its progress and ultimately announcing its abject failure?  Why not anounce its successful completion?  NASA is never going to snitch, when they are in the same business. 

Dual1ty

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2023, 03:50:21 PM »
[

You're missing my point.  On the basis that no lay-person can observe it, why announce it?  Did it crash?  Did it exist?  Just like you, I've no evidence either way.

The only agencies with the wherewithall to detect its actual presence (or absence) would be the equivalents of Roscosmos in other countries and similar alliances; NASA, EASA, CNSA, etc.  Just like India is experiencing at the moment, a successful mission of this magnitude and complexity is a source of immense kudos and national prestige, both for the home-audience and abroad. 

What is the logic behind Russia mounting this mission (or fake-mission) in the first place, televising its faked-launch, reporting its progress and ultimately announcing its abject failure?  Why not anounce its successful completion?  NASA is never going to snitch, when they are in the same business.

For all I know, someone like NATO or USA could've blocked the telemetry or sabotaged it so that it looked like the thing crashed. Or it could be just another circus act by TPTB to keep you guessing and make it look "realistic" because no accidents ever would be unrealistic. And who better than Putin and his Russia to take that hit since they are already the current Hitler and his 3rd Reich in the public's eyes.

Why exactly are you dimissing hypotheses such as the ones I just mentioned if you admit there's no evidence?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2023, 04:50:05 PM »
Why exactly are you dimissing hypotheses such as the ones I just mentioned if you admit there's no evidence?
Why are you stating them with such certainty when you have no evidence?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2023, 09:57:02 AM »