How the screen of smart phone orient when tilted in FE?
« on: October 25, 2017, 06:20:42 AM »
How the screen of smart phone orient themselves when tilted in FE?

Re: How the screen of smart phone orient when tilted in FE?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 07:21:09 AM »
In both FET and RET the smartphones contain accelerometers that measure acceleration and gravity applying to a phone.
The output is then passed to the operating system and then the onscreen app, The apps by default ignore this but a library function can be included to alter the apps layout or functionality.
If you would like more detail I think that android has a java machine between the sensor and the OS.
We generally accept evidence from all  sources.

The only evidence for Round Earth celestial accuracy (assuming that timeanddate is even based on RET) is the evidence you collected with your friends last month?

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 11:03:15 AM »
In both FET and RET the smartphones contain accelerometers that measure acceleration and gravity applying to a phone.
The output is then passed to the operating system and then the onscreen app, The apps by default ignore this but a library function can be included to alter the apps layout or functionality.
If you would like more detail I think that android has a java machine between the sensor and the OS.

Will it work when the phone and the person holding it are freely falling (In RET) and earth approaching phone/person (In FET)?

I guess in a free-fall (RET) G force acts on phone(Accerlometer), while in FET phone screen would remain as is, with no change in orientation...

Is this correct???

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 11:32:55 AM »
No the phone can't orientate in free fall. Gravity and acceleration are indistinguishable as forces.
There are detectable differences between gravity and acceleration:
-distortion of the path of photons
-reduced gravity with both height and depth within the earth
-variation of gravity across the earth's surface
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 11:36:12 AM by GiantTurtle »

The only evidence for Round Earth celestial accuracy (assuming that timeanddate is even based on RET) is the evidence you collected with your friends last month?

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 05:55:29 PM »
No the phone can't orientate in free fall. Gravity and acceleration are indistinguishable as forces.
There are detectable differences between gravity and acceleration:
-distortion of the path of photons
-reduced gravity with both height and depth within the earth
-variation of gravity across the earth's surface

I don't think there are significant differences between RET and FET in this matter.   On the scale of a phone, the effects of the various FE theories produce substantially similar answers to RE theory because of Einstein's equivalence between gravity and acceleration.

Some FE'ers on "other" forums seem believe that air pressure is the cause of "gravity" - but those theories are so ridiculously easy to debunk (eg with a cellphone accelerometer), they're barely worth discussing.

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 07:08:57 PM »
3dGeek, only if the accelerometer is in a vacuum to be fair.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 08:43:31 PM »
3dGeek, only if the accelerometer is in a vacuum to be fair.
Eh - I guess so.   I was thinking that the air inside the chip wouldn't be able move around to exert different forces on the silicon wafer...but maybe that's not fair for those MEMS devices that they use for accelerometers.

The theory is so hokey - it's hard to turn it into enough logic to argue against!
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?