Re: Thread for talking about council nominations.
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2013, 01:33:00 AM »
You are welcome Thork, I wont reply to pms as I will keep my messages as clean as possible.

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2013, 01:43:49 AM »
I have opened the doors to potential trolls by advertising on our favorite youtube video and facebook. I will filter these. but the event/adverts may help raise the site profile.
Thank you google+ for allowing me to post links on youtube again xx

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2013, 05:25:15 AM »
I'm confused. Are we not using Parsifal's method where we vote for each in order of who we most want to who we least want then use that to find out the winner?
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2013, 06:54:25 AM »
No use my method. We are still voting and the outcome will be the same. People are sending me PMs so this is happening. I PMed Parsifal a couple of days ago and had no reply and as we want to get this going I just made the moves.

is  this poll for real?

Yeah.

Well it should be as nobody is objecting. I have no bias and I will make this work for us.

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2013, 06:55:21 AM »
Maybe the poll should be stickied over each thread so its taken seriously?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2013, 09:10:56 AM »
Maybe the poll should be stickied over each thread so its taken seriously?

Done.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2013, 07:14:36 PM »
I PMed Parsifal a couple of days ago and had no reply and as we want to get this going I just made the moves.

Thanks for handling this. I really have no interest in leading this; I was only making suggestions previously.

Sorry for not being too responsive lately; duty calls at work. I'd been giving this place a bit more than 100% of what I really should for the first week and a half to make sure it got off the ground smoothly, but now I think we've picked up enough momentum that that's no longer necessary.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2013, 08:01:35 PM »
No worries. I manage an online community myself and understand that it's not a 24/7 service.

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2013, 08:10:41 PM »
Why would we pm votes? Shouldn't it be public to  ensure its legit
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2013, 08:12:31 PM »
It should be pubic later. 

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2013, 08:15:47 PM »
Why would we pm votes? Shouldn't it be public to  ensure its legit

So the running votes don't influence other votes.  You will be more inclined to vote for someone who has a chance of winning which could be an issue if you wanted to vote for someone else but may feel it is a waste if they don't have a chance.

Votes can be published afterward.

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2013, 09:11:54 PM »
Should there be a vote to ask people if they want a council in the way that's proposed first? Do we want 6 members on the council, do we want one president and six members, do we want just a president etc...?

After that we should vote for who should be on the council etc...

At the moment I'm not sure what this council is meant to achieve and what it's meant to do. Should we not clarify that first.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2013, 09:17:16 PM »
I feel the same way as DDDDAts all folks.  I feel that certain people are rushing this just to get it done.  However, we don't even know what we are voting for. 

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2013, 09:41:27 PM »
I suggest we wait and hold the election on the New Year. There's no rush, and we should be sure we're voting for the right people. And we need job descriptions before we hire. Otherwise it's just silly.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2013, 10:34:11 PM »
Thats fine, we can just talk about it and it never happening if thats what you prefer.
Or we just vote and the people who we want in arrange the details with everyone. The votes wont be any different in a week or 6 months. We can vote for the people we want on it now and we can then get things like the details sorted. Or we can just talk about it for weeks because not everyone will ever agree and we cant exactly get together at the same time and sort it.

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2013, 10:38:09 PM »
Should there be a vote to ask people if they want a council in the way that's proposed first? Do we want 6 members on the council, do we want one president and six members, do we want just a president etc...?

After that we should vote for who should be on the council etc...

At the moment I'm not sure what this council is meant to achieve and what it's meant to do. Should we not clarify that first.

There is a president already.

« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2013, 10:39:45 PM »
I think 3 options should be put forward for a vote from across a spectrum.

One where we vote in one president, one where we have one president and a council (dunno how many members) and one where we only have a council (again dunno how many members).

The options I've proposed might not be correct because they're highly dependent on the reasons for the council and what it's meant to do, and I haven't got a clue what that is.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2013, 10:41:48 PM »
Thats fine, we can just talk about it and it never happening if thats what you prefer.
Or we just vote and the people who we want in arrange the details with everyone. The votes wont be any different in a week or 6 months. We can vote for the people we want on it now and we can then get things like the details sorted. Or we can just talk about it for weeks because not everyone will ever agree and we cant exactly get together at the same time and sort it.

Like I said, there's no rush. If we'd rather we can set up a temporary governance, but that seems incredibly pointless to me.

One where we vote in one president, one where we have one president and a council (dunno how many members) and one where we only have a council (again dunno how many members).

The options I've proposed might not be correct because they're highly dependent on the reasons for the council and what it's meant to do, and I haven't got a clue what that is.

Exactly. Let's make our constitution as equals, and then decide who should be running the show.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2013, 10:48:02 PM »

Like I said, there's no rush. If we'd rather we can set up a temporary governance, but that seems incredibly pointless to me.

Exactly. Let's make our constitution as equals, and then decide who should be running the show.

That is what I have been trying to say.  Why do we have to hurry up and make a decision, when we really do not know what the heck we are voting for?  Let's work out the details, then figure out how we should vote.  Thork wants to rush things, but we should do this in a more organised manor. 

« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2013, 11:19:13 PM »
The votes do not have to be final. I was only wiling if there wasnt any objections. If you wish to talk about the finer details it can be put on hold. I will say though a fair few people have voted already.