Offline Evin

• "Thats One small Step for...." -CUT!!!, Take 2!"
    • View Profile
Help Me debunk this stupid video
« on: October 01, 2018, 11:44:35 PM »
Look this video got sent to me the other day and i am no expert on video stuff, so like i figure they are using ropes and stuff, but like i said, i am not confident in my argument on how they faked this... only that they DID!

Anyone whos interested take a look, I probably missed something, god be with ye all

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
Re: Help Me debunk this stupid video
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 03:40:51 AM »
The guy does a decent job but you can only tell he is stressed to the max trying to keep his head square to his shoulders throughout the video. Veins are popping out of his neck as he corrects the natural tendency to tilt your head up from the flat earth.

With trillions in funny money, NASA can create anything and all, well not all but most will believe the garbage.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 10:28:58 AM »
The guy does a decent job but you can only tell he is stressed to the max trying to keep his head square to his shoulders throughout the video. Veins are popping out of his neck as he corrects the natural tendency to tilt your head up from the flat earth.

With trillions in funny money, NASA can create anything and all, well not all but most will believe the garbage.
I'm curious as to where NASA gets these "trillions in funny money" from when:
Annual budget
Seen in the year-by-year breakdown listed below, the total amounts (in nominal dollars) that NASA has been budgeted from 1958 to 2018 amounts to $601.31 billion.
Who's paying them the rest?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 11:23:22 AM »
- The satellite industry is a $200 Billion per year industry.

- NASA operates research labs that create hundreds of inventions per year, which they patent and lease to industry. There was a report which stated that NASA makes a median of $1M/year from each invention.

Look at page ii on this 2013 NASA Socio-Economic Impacts Report --

Spurs Innovation and Business Growth

- 1,600 new technologies reported in 2012
- 2,200 tech transfer transactions in 2012
- $1M annually per spinoff (median, based on small study)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 02:46:03 AM by Tom Bishop »

Mysfit

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 12:54:30 PM »
$1m in a year? So they will need to make realistic CG on a $1m budget. Going to compare to Avatar, then.
Avatar budget $237m for 2h 42m (not all CG budget, but both vids would need actors).
for $1m we get 0.7m. That video is 50mins long... I'll do the maths again... Well. *takes calculator home*

Back on topic - How did the NASA fat cats fake this video?
I'll give it a go.
It is all underwater, with the bubbles CG'd out.

I hope that explanation helps.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 01:09:29 PM »
I've yet to see any actual analysis on any videos of this sort by an expert in the field to show fakery.
It's all speculation and supposition.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Evin

• "Thats One small Step for...." -CUT!!!, Take 2!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 04:32:18 PM »
Interesting arguments here, i hadn't pickup up on the strain he seems to be under trying to keep himself "Weightless", from this it seems it might just be very clever cable work and cgi.... And i can't rule it out because who knows what they can and can't do, but the underwater idea seems a little far fetched, just because of the huge amount of crew resources and money needed, it would just be easier to green screen it or something, because by the time you have removed all the water in post i can't imagine there being much useable video left, also between all the various "Astronauts" there is a lot of this well produced video being released every day, so even with their funny money, time would still be an issue trying to edit all these to near perfection and distributed, Unless someone can convince me otherwise, i am going to stand by my theory of a well designed set, with an immense amount of cable work and some clever CGI.

Thanks all who responded

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 05:59:33 PM »
No gang, trillions....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kotlikoff/2017/12/08/has-our-government-spent-21-trillion-of-our-money-without-telling-us/#187d8c7b7aef

Let me explain some basic accounting. Magic... While the DOD is not NASA, one can easily see why what NASA does and works for can be justified as National Security and thus fall under Dept of Defense, You know, the ISS and Russians in it. Write the check to everyone to fund it from the DOD. NASA looks for Aliens, those are National Security and our defense must be up to some par. Write the check. One can dream up any commingle of funds between dept's. A hooker, scotch and toothbrush in Moscow could be National Security and fall under the missing $21 Trillion. Don't be ignorant, NASA spends trillions protecting you and making subcontractors rich and their private majority shareholders :) It's how the rich got richer. Dream it up.

BTW did you send in your tax deposit...they want all your money ! Slave, ignorant slaves is all we are.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 09:02:07 PM »
I've only watched bits of the first 10 minutes but it's interesting how often he lets go of the iPad and lets it float and rotate.
If they are faking it they're going out of their way to make it difficult for themselves.

Has any analysis been done from an actual expert in this area to determine fakery or is it just all baseless supposition?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 10:02:50 PM »
I've only watched bits of the first 10 minutes but it's interesting how often he lets go of the iPad and lets it float and rotate.
If they are faking it they're going out of their way to make it difficult for themselves.

Has any analysis been done from an actual expert in this area to determine fakery or is it just all baseless supposition?

The main supposition is that this is CGI. Which would be the most reasonable explanation (aside from it actually being real). However, there is a lot to take into consideration. Having worked in the CG FX biz, to manifest realistic green screen effects is extremely labor intensive and complex. Additionally adding in object motion graphics, again, realistically, is equally so. For instance, aside from the artistry involved in doing so, the shear effort here for a 50 minute single shot is unequaled by anything we can accomplish today, technologically/cinematically.

Take for example, a single 10 second FX shot in the movie 'The Martian' took about 2 days to render using a large server farm. The computing power needed to render a 50 minute non-static shot with human and inanimate objects, backgrounds, etc., is beyond staggering. Not to mention the army of artists needed to accomplish this. Seemingly, it’s literally easier to believe this is real than believe it’s CGI.

I’m not saying it isn’t CGI, but the likelihood that it is doesn’t even remotely fit with reality as to the state of FX today.

Offline nickrulercreator

• It's round. That much is true.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2018, 10:17:31 PM »

Money doesn't fix everything, J-Man. Also, how can we know that he is red from being stressed? Could it not be that there's no gravity on the ISS pulling the blood to his legs like there is on Earth? Why would he need to keep his head square to his shoulders? What natural tendency makes us tilt our head up?
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.

Mysfit

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 06:15:23 PM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kotlikoff/2017/12/08/has-our-government-spent-21-trillion-of-our-money-without-telling-us/#187d8c7b7aef
I bothered to look into this. 6.5 trillion USD snuck away in military budgets. That is pretty sneaky. It's not 21 trillion, but still sneaky.
Lemme adjust my Avatar CG maths.
Avatar budget $0.237b for 2h 42m (not all CG budget, but both vids would need actors).
for $6500b we get just over 74,000 hours. That's that video sorted. *dusts hands*

Oh? Other videos are posted every day? Best check those. "gopro space" should be a good enough search term.
Almost 4m results. I'll average from the first ten results for average length... 18.5 mins. Making progress
so, 4m times 1/4 hour... 1million hours of footage.

1m - 74k is 900k and change.
I think we need the rest of the budget.
Another 70 trillion USD, i think.
I've said it before, most conspiracies starve at the money stage. Even with conspiracy money, it seems

Slave, ignorant slaves is all we are.
Don't lump me in. I'm doing the maths.

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 07:18:13 AM »
This is fake. Point blank. We don't need to debunk anything. THey need to PROOF their case, not the other way around. Because the flat earth model is older than the round earth, therefor THEY need to proof, not us.

Offline nickrulercreator

• It's round. That much is true.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 09:37:48 PM »
This is fake. Point blank. We don't need to debunk anything. THey need to PROOF their case, not the other way around. Because the flat earth model is older than the round earth, therefor THEY need to proof, not us.

That's not how any of this works. It's the flat earthers trying to debunk it, and claim it's fake. It's their responsibility to prove it's fake. Age has nothing to do with it.
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space. If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you will not go to space today.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2018, 08:12:01 AM »
Age has nothing to do with it.
If anything, it's an argument against FE.
The concept of there only being 4 elements - earth, water, fire, air - predates the periodic table.
Generally better, more accurate models supplant old ones. Not always, but tends to be the case.

MattyWS

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2018, 02:39:48 PM »
Can't tell if this is just trolling but they didn't make the video to prove space travel is real, they aren't trying to prove you wrong. In fact it's generally accepted that it's real so when you say it's fake, it falls on you to prove it.

Also, the OP literally asked to try to debunk it... So again try to debunk it rather than just saying "FAKE FAKE FAKE" because that's not proof. You provided less evidence that it's fake than the video provided to prove it's self real... because the video exists and you literally have nothing to prove it to be fake. Therefor you 0 - video 1. I guess you now need to give at least one valid point that it's fake otherwise it's real by default.

totallackey

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2018, 03:41:09 PM »
...In fact it's generally accepted that it's real so when you say it's fake, it falls on you to prove it...
Errr...

This is entitled argumentum ad populum.

It is a logical fallacy and therefore negates your demand for proof.
Also, the OP literally asked to try to debunk it... So again try to debunk it rather than just saying "FAKE FAKE FAKE" because that's not proof. You provided less evidence that it's fake than the video provided to prove it's self real... because the video exists and you literally have nothing to prove it to be fake. Therefor you 0 - video 1. I guess you now need to give at least one valid point that it's fake otherwise it's real by default.
The only accuracy within your post is the video does exist in reality.

The depiction of events may or may not be true but as of right now the only thing in support of the depiction is your word, much the same as MiraculumHelix's word is in support of it being false.

So, the true score is:

1 for the video existing
0 for you
0 for MiraculumHelix.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 03:43:39 PM by totallackey »

MattyWS

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2018, 03:59:11 PM »
You can spot the ISS by eye using a telescope, it's up there orbiting. That is a fact. You can see it, you can track it. So yes, it is generally accepted to be a fact that it's up there under zero gravity because it is.

That isn't argumentum ad populum, that would be something like saying cracking your knuckles gives you arthritis because that's what your grandparents told your parents who told you (it doesn't give you arthritis, thats a myth for another time) or that milk makes your bones strong (it doesn't).

Offline JCM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2018, 08:40:55 PM »
No gang, trillions....

Let me explain some basic accounting. Magic... While the DOD is not NASA, one can easily see why what NASA does and works for can be justified as National Security and thus fall under Dept of Defense, You know, the ISS and Russians in it. Write the check to everyone to fund it from the DOD. NASA looks for Aliens, those are National Security and our defense must be up to some par. Write the check. One can dream up any commingle of funds between dept's. A hooker, scotch and toothbrush in Moscow could be National Security and fall under the missing $21 Trillion. Don't be ignorant, NASA spends trillions protecting you and making subcontractors rich and their private majority shareholders :) It's how the rich got richer. Dream it up.

BTW did you send in your tax deposit...they want all your money ! Slave, ignorant slaves is all we are.

If NASA is producing fake videos, does that mean all the other countries are making fake videos to the tune of millions and millions of dollars as well?

Many countries now produce HD photos and videos all day every day of the Earth from space.  Many are live and can be compared to live weather radar Imaging. 

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2018, 09:23:24 PM »
Interesting arguments here, i hadn't pickup up on the strain he seems to be under trying to keep himself "Weightless", from this it seems it might just be very clever cable work and cgi.... And i can't rule it out because who knows what they can and can't do, but the underwater idea seems a little far fetched, just because of the huge amount of crew resources and money needed, it would just be easier to green screen it or something, because by the time you have removed all the water in post i can't imagine there being much useable video left, also between all the various "Astronauts" there is a lot of this well produced video being released every day, so even with their funny money, time would still be an issue trying to edit all these to near perfection and distributed, Unless someone can convince me otherwise, i am going to stand by my theory of a well designed set, with an immense amount of cable work and some clever CGI.

Thanks all who responded

If space travel is real, what evidence would you have to see to be convinced? Is it a fact that you won't believe it no matter what evidence you are presented with?

Why don't you just tell us what you would have to presented with before you believe?

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.