Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #6120 on: September 08, 2020, 10:43:37 AM »
The event attracted a ludicrous number of boats, to the point where the wake was not controllable.

the rich folk with the bigger boats ignored the poor folk with the smaller boats and just made waves anyway.

The two are not mutually exclusive.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: September 08, 2020, 11:24:42 AM »
Indeed. It just so happens that one of them happened, and the other one you made up on the spot.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Rama Set

« Reply #6122 on: September 08, 2020, 12:08:59 PM »
Indeed. It just so happens that one of them happened, and the other one you made up on the spot.

The causes I have seen cited are choppy conditions and large wakes.  A large wake is what would happen if a large was proceeding without adequate care for the environment around it.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: September 08, 2020, 01:47:09 PM »
The causes I have seen cited are choppy conditions and large wakes.  A large wake is what would happen if a large was proceeding without adequate care for the environment around it.
If large boats proceeding without sufficient care was the root of the problem, then why do authorities say that it was something else (large numbers of boats suddenly moving in unison)? Do you think their understanding of the situation is worse than that of Tumeni, a bloke living 5000 miles away who routinely peppers his stories with "Trump bad" propaganda while omitting crucial facts?

Per the BBC article I've linked:

Authorities say the choppy water was likely caused by the large number of vessels moving closely together on Lake Travis, near the state capital, Austin.

[...]

"We responded to multiple calls of boats in distress, several of them sank," she [Travis County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Kristen Dark] said. "We had an exceptional number of boats on the lake today... When they all started moving at the same time, it generated significant waves."

EDIT: here's the news release mentioned in the CNN article: https://www.tcsheriff.org/about/press-releases/2020/623-tcso-responds-to-multiple-calls-for-boats-in-distress-during-trump-parade-on-lake-travis
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 02:03:49 PM by Pete Svarrior »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: September 08, 2020, 03:13:26 PM »

If large boats proceeding without sufficient care was the root of the problem, then why do authorities say that it was something else (large numbers of boats suddenly moving in unison)?

Again, the two are not mutually exclusive, it's perfectly possible for both to apply, and for authorities or press to only quote one, for reasons of brevity, time constraints in broadcasts, or word limits in print articles.

Nearly?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: September 08, 2020, 03:43:50 PM »
it's perfectly possible for both to apply, and for authorities or press to only quote one, for reasons of brevity, time constraints in broadcasts, or word limits in print articles.
The press release is not brief. Furthermore, it remains the case that your version of the story is entirely made up by yourself, with no sources even hinting at it. Whether or not you think it is possible is not the issue - the issue is that you lied about it being the case.

Don't do that. It hurts the political positions you're trying to aid. And when you do it routinely, it also affects your future credibility. Think "the boy who cried 'wolf'".
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 03:45:33 PM by Pete Svarrior »

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: September 08, 2020, 04:48:33 PM »
Looks like TRUMP has won this again !!!
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Rama Set

« Reply #6127 on: September 08, 2020, 05:12:29 PM »
If large boats proceeding without sufficient care was the root of the problem, then why do authorities say that it was something else (large numbers of boats suddenly moving in unison)? Do you think their understanding of the situation is worse than that of Tumeni, a bloke living 5000 miles away who routinely peppers his stories with "Trump bad" propaganda while omitting crucial facts?

Per the BBC article I've linked:

Authorities say the choppy water was likely caused by the large number of vessels moving closely together on Lake Travis, near the state capital, Austin.

[...]

"We responded to multiple calls of boats in distress, several of them sank," she [Travis County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Kristen Dark] said. "We had an exceptional number of boats on the lake today... When they all started moving at the same time, it generated significant waves."

EDIT: here's the news release mentioned in the CNN article: https://www.tcsheriff.org/about/press-releases/2020/623-tcso-responds-to-multiple-calls-for-boats-in-distress-during-trump-parade-on-lake-travis

Yeah, fair enough.  I have no horse in this race.  The idea that this means anything substantial is pretty silly and saying that its a metaphor for republicans is funny but to take it seriously is about as laughable as reading tea leaves.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: September 08, 2020, 07:19:03 PM »
because the rich folk with the bigger boats ignored the poor folk with the smaller boats and just made waves anyway
In a shocking event for a Tumeni post, that's not what actually happened. The event attracted a ludicrous number of boats, to the point where the wake was not controllable.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/07/us/trump-boat-parade-sink-trnd/index.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54045115

Indeed.  I know the skydivers that jumped into this event.  They report there were some crazy boat drivers ripping around, one of the boats that sank was one of the ones driving crazy.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: September 09, 2020, 01:36:27 AM »
Enthusiastic crowd chants "We love you!" to President Trump -

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: September 09, 2020, 01:56:43 AM »
It's not really racism so much as it is deliberate anti-progressivism for the benefit of his base. Trump almost certainly knows nothing about the training beyond what he's heard in the right-wing media that first reported on this, and I have no doubt that said reporting quote-mined and twisted the contents of the training to make it sound as awful as possible. It's an ugly gesture, but in the long run it won't mean much. This kind of training is more about protecting employers in case of a lawsuit than it is about actually educating employees. People who already agree with it don't need it, and the people who don't agree with it are just going to mock it.

Describe to me what the training contains.

I'm not claiming to know what this specific training contains. I'm just saying, based on common sense and my own experience, that I highly, highly doubt that it's the anti-American/anti-white propaganda Trump and his toadies are claiming it to be. It never is, really. Right-wingers always complain about sensitivity/diversity training, no matter how reasonable the content.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: September 09, 2020, 08:05:06 AM »

That's what cults or the brainwashed do. Chant stock phrases to show they're part of the cult, or as a result of being brainwashed.

Or from fear of reprisal from the Dear Leader and his henchmen.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 08:10:31 AM by Tumeni »

Nearly?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: September 09, 2020, 08:50:40 AM »
Christ, Tumeni, not again.

That's what cults or the brainwashed do. Chant stock phrases to show they're part of the cult, or as a result of being brainwashed.

Or from fear of reprisal from the Dear Leader and his henchmen.
Alternatively, let's put your imagination to one side and examine reality once more.

It's what Americans do at rallies of politicians they support. Chanting and cheering is pretty common, and doesn't mean what you think it means.

(Well, that and the paid seat-fillers who charge for the same service.)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 08:54:56 AM by Pete Svarrior »

Rama Set

« Reply #6133 on: September 09, 2020, 09:43:32 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/08/nyregion/donald-trump-jean-carroll-lawsuit-rape.html

Well if this isn’t an abuse of public resources, I’m not sure what is.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: September 09, 2020, 09:46:43 AM »
OK.

Not uncommon at a rally, as Pete has shown. Are you making a point other than "Trump has a lot of supporters"?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6135 on: September 09, 2020, 05:06:13 PM »
Enthusiastic crowd chants "We love you!" to President Trump

"You must love Big Brother. It is not enough to obey him: you must love him."

“Partly it was a sort of hymn to the wisdom and majesty of Big Brother, but still more it was an act of self-hypnosis, a deliberate drowning of consciousness by means of rhythmic noise.”

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: September 09, 2020, 06:01:57 PM »
Feb 7, Trump acknowledged the severity of COVID-19, on tape, in an interview with Bob Woodward. In public, he downplayed this, and he admits as such.

February 7th.

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: September 09, 2020, 06:23:05 PM »
In other news, DJT is fighting to prevent the courts receiving a DNA sample from him. A sample which would certainly exonerate him in the rape case under consideration, were he to be innocent of the charge levied.

Let that sink in for a moment. Why would a truly innocent person not want to do this?

Nearly?

Rama Set

« Reply #6138 on: September 09, 2020, 06:28:04 PM »
In other news, DJT is fighting to prevent the courts receiving a DNA sample from him. A sample which would certainly exonerate him in the rape case under consideration, were he to be innocent of the charge levied.

Let that sink in for a moment. Why would a truly innocent person not want to do this?

Lots of reasons.  To protect their privacy.  I don't want my DNA to end up in some database that could end up sold to some private equity firm like ancestry.com was.  The "no innocent person" argument is pretty bad.  More relevant, that I posted about above is the abuse of public resources to defend this case using a thin rationale.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: September 10, 2020, 01:48:57 AM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/09/trump-vigor/615973/

An interesting article that mirrors my thoughts on the hypocrisy of Trump fans blasting Biden for supposedly being senile and incoherent.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y