sceptimatic

Space rocket launches.
« on: December 03, 2013, 07:53:09 PM »
We are told that rockets launch into space and yet we all observe (on TV) that the rockets go into the sky and are followed by camera, even to the point of the camera looking at the rocket against the darkness of space.
Take a loot at footage of launches, "through clouds" and ask yourself how the rocket can still be observed.
Secondly, ask yourself how a  rocket (in a lot of footage) tends to arc, not long after take off.

If the earth is curved, then how could an arced rocket ever achieve a so called trajectory through the atmospheric barrier into so called space.
Have a real think about this people, because it makes no sense, seriously.

Take a look at as many launches as you want to and it does not add up.
Of course, we can be told that it arcs to help it into space, but that makes no sense, because if that was the case, it would arc when it's close to space, if space is what they tell us, which it isn't, but that's another story.

Arcing as low as the rockets do arc, would render them useless and only good enough for a splash down into the ocean. Hmmmm.
Your space rockets are ballistic missile launches. Simply fuel filled missiles aimed towards the sea.
What you see on TV, is CGI, manipulated footage and what anyone sees from their REAL LIFE vantage point, is a ballistic missile launch, which if anyone has had the luck to see one, they will notice that missile go into an arc in short order.

I fully expect quite a few global earth proponents to come in and say " I've seen one and it's a real space rocket and I watched it all the way into space"...I'm expecting that, so save yourself the bother of telling me that...just in case you thought it would sway me.

Any genuine people here that's seen a launch and can describe it from a LIVE vantage point?

Offline bj1234

• View Profile
Re: Space rocket launches.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 08:16:13 PM »
We are told that rockets launch into space and yet we all observe (on TV) that the rockets go into the sky and are followed by camera, even to the point of the camera looking at the rocket against the darkness of space.
Take a loot at footage of launches, "through clouds" and ask yourself how the rocket can still be observed.
Secondly, ask yourself how a  rocket (in a lot of footage) tends to arc, not long after take off.

If the earth is curved, then how could an arced rocket ever achieve a so called trajectory through the atmospheric barrier into so called space.
Have a real think about this people, because it makes no sense, seriously.

Take a look at as many launches as you want to and it does not add up.
Of course, we can be told that it arcs to help it into space, but that makes no sense, because if that was the case, it would arc when it's close to space, if space is what they tell us, which it isn't, but that's another story.

Arcing as low as the rockets do arc, would render them useless and only good enough for a splash down into the ocean. Hmmmm.
Your space rockets are ballistic missile launches. Simply fuel filled missiles aimed towards the sea.
What you see on TV, is CGI, manipulated footage and what anyone sees from their REAL LIFE vantage point, is a ballistic missile launch, which if anyone has had the luck to see one, they will notice that missile go into an arc in short order.

I fully expect quite a few global earth proponents to come in and say " I've seen one and it's a real space rocket and I watched it all the way into space"...I'm expecting that, so save yourself the bother of telling me that...just in case you thought it would sway me.

Any genuine people here that's seen a launch and can describe it from a LIVE vantage point?

Tell me.  Why wouldn't a rocket that is flying into an orbit fly in a curved flight path? Please assume for this example that the earth is a globe.

In order to go into orbit, it needs to obtain some sort of lateral velocity.  It would not be practical to fly up to the height needed, stop, then add the lateral velocity.

I am including this image to illustrate what I am talking about.

http://exploration.grc.nasa.gov/education/rocket/rktrflght.html

sceptimatic

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 12:45:11 PM »
Your earth is a globe. Your atmosphere is part of that globe SHAPE.
Your atmosphere is how big from a solid earth?

Your rocket takes off and after less than a minute, it arcing. How can it get out of a global earth atmosphere when arcing at such low altitude?
Go and look at rocket launches and see for yourself, because that drawing shows me nothing.

Offline bj1234

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 04:22:35 PM »
Since you didn't answer before, I will ask again.

Why wouldn't a rocket going to fly in a CURVED orbit around a CURVED planet not fly in a CURVED path to reach the CURVED orbit?

Notice something there?  They are all curved.  The flight path curves to add velocity to get up to the orbital velocity that is required.

Two curved lines can intersect. 

Rama Set

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 04:25:16 PM »
In case you are not aware, sceptimatic deleted his account.

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 04:31:34 PM »
Already? Paranoid of him.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 04:33:13 PM »
Yeah, that was unfortunate.  I imagine he will come back again once he realizes there is no one left to talk to.

Offline bj1234

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 04:42:40 PM »
In case you are not aware, sceptimatic deleted his account.
Well I'll be damned.