Dark side of Globe Earth?
« on: January 19, 2019, 08:32:46 AM »
Hey guys,

so I only recently started researching about this, I've always taken globe earth for granted, but then I watched some videos on youtube and started questioning it.
Now a few days ago, I saw this picture on the NASA website:
https://imgur.com/a/fLitCL2
Now if the earth was a globe like the NASA people say, then why is there no places lit up?
If the earth actually was a globe, then half of it would always be bright and half of it dark. On this picture there is only dark.
How stupid do they think we are. Stuff like this makes me question whether there even is a real picture of earth.

Anyway, thought it might be interesting to you guys, I just signed up to the forum but I will definitely keep posting my observations.

[edit] I dont know how to implement a picture properly, so I just uploaded it to imgur.com

Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: Dark side of Globe Earth?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 11:36:39 AM »
*sigh*

Go into a dark room.
Turn on a lamp ideally one bulb.
Hold a basketball or other similarly shaped ball in between the light bulb and your eye so you can’t see the light bulb.

What do you see?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 12:38:49 PM »
*sigh*

Go into a dark room.
Turn on a lamp ideally one bulb.
Hold a basketball or other similarly shaped ball in between the light bulb and your eye so you can’t see the light bulb.

What do you see?

I actually did what you said and i get your point, the ball is dark from this point of view. But I also see tons of light behind the ball and around it, so why is everything around the earth pitch black on the picture? Because it isn't real, because NASA never went to space.
And even with your point taken, what is supposed to prove to me that this is a ball we're talking of?
I did the exact same experiment with a round piece of paper and the result is the same.
God created this earth just for us, it's not part of a bigger universe, read the bible!

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 01:23:44 PM »
I actually did what you said and i get your point, the ball is dark from this point of view. But I also see tons of light behind the ball and around it, so why is everything around the earth pitch black on the picture?
Because in your room the light is bouncing off the walls. In space there’s not much to bounce off.

And even with your point taken, what is supposed to prove to me that this is a ball we're talking of?
I did the exact same experiment with a round piece of paper and the result is the same.
Yes, from a single image a flat circle and a globe can be difficult to distinguish, but the top right of that image shows signs of globularity. That image clearly isn’t the whole earth, it can’t be night everywhere and where are the America’s?

God created this earth just for us, it's not part of a bigger universe, read the bible!
“The bible shows us how to go to heaven, not how the heavens go”
Don’t read the Bible and expect it to teach you science, that is not what it is for.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 01:43:32 PM »
I heard all of that before, but have you personally ever been in "space" or seen the curviture yourself?
No.
All you do is recite "science" that other people came up with, so stop being a sheep and research yourself.

Don’t read the Bible and expect it to teach you science, that is not what it is for.

Thats all you globe earthers ever have to say isnt it.

Anyway, I thought this was a flat earther forum, yet I have to put up with globe earther BS... what the heck?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 01:46:24 PM »
I thought this was a flat earther forum, yet I have to put up with globe earther BS... what the heck?
This is not an echo chamber. RE'ers and FE'ers are welcome to make their case, preferably sincerely. If you're looking for somewhere where a band of yes-men will applaud you no matter what you say, there are numerous boards and subreddits available for that already.

As for the debate here, your failure to understand RET doesn't invalidate it. Perhaps you should familiarise yourself with the models and theories before trying to debate them.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 02:34:10 PM »
I thought this was a flat earther forum, yet I have to put up with globe earther BS... what the heck?
This is not an echo chamber. RE'ers and FE'ers are welcome to make their case, preferably sincerely. If you're looking for somewhere where a band of yes-men will applaud you no matter what you say, there are numerous boards and subreddits available for that already.

As for the debate here, your failure to understand RET doesn't invalidate it. Perhaps you should familiarise yourself with the models and theories before trying to debate them.

I understand that flat earthers and globeists both have their place here, but you are being really rude about it.

I'll have you know I'm quite familiar with the globe earth model and it is well designed and all the evidence for it is very well made by NASA and other government organizations, no doubt about it. But there is also no doubt in my mind that it was entirely fabricated to justify funding NASA, whose primary purpose is obviously surveillance.

Just because you disagree doesn't give you the right to imply I'm stupid, I'm not calling globeists stupid, I understand that they're very smart and trusting fellers who have been mislead by the government.

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 02:36:54 PM »
I have been familiarized with the globe earth model my entire life. In school, in TV etc. You don't need to explain me the basics! I am fully aware of them. If you want to change my mind, offer me convincing arguments!

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 02:40:36 PM »
You misunderstand my position entirely. I'm not a Round Earth proponent. I'm merely informing you, and that's with my moderator hat on, that you should familiarise yourself with the basics before raising threads here. Your thread, if sincere, illustrates a lack of familiarity with the basics of RET. That won't do.

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 03:14:53 PM »
And I'm informing you, that I am familiar with the round earth theory. But I can't actually argue with anyone if a moderator keeps clogging up my thread with smarta**ery. I'm here, on the Flat Earth Society forum boards, to talk about Flat Earth and share my observations with others. Not to be insulted by some guy who thinks he's the bees knees because he is a moderator.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 03:15:58 PM »
Excellent. Once you've informed yourself of the basics to a level that allows you not to make threads like this, do come back.

In the meantime, I'm locking this thread.