Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Bernie 2020
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2020, 07:36:00 AM »
Were I eligible to vote I would unironically support Bernie now that my boy Yang is out.

totallackey

« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2020, 03:32:58 PM »
Currently, Medicare provides Part A and Part B.

Medicare Part A covers:

Inpatient hospital care
Skilled nursing facility care
Inpatient care at a skilled nursing facility (not custodial or long term care)
Hospice care
Home health care

You had to have worked a certain amount of time in order to qualify for premium free Part A Medicare, which you get beginning at age 65.

Otherwise, monthly premiums are $458.00 a month.

There is $1,408 deductible for each benefit period, with $0 copay for days 1-60.

Days 61-90 cost you $352 per day for each benefit period.

Days 91 and beyond cost you $704 per each"lifetime reserve day," for each benefit period (lifetime reserve = 60 days).

After that, it's all on you.

Medicare Part B premium = $144.60 if your income is $87,000 or below and file single (174k if filing joint), $202.00 if 87k-109k, etc.

Medicare Part B covers doctor visits, doctor care while in the hospital, outpatient therapy, and durable medical equipment, and the deductible is $198.

Co-pay = 20% of the "Medicare Approved Amount."

Medicare Part C is Medicare Advantage and usually has a high deductible, but low monthly premiums.

Medicare Part D covers prescription drugs and costs vary by provider.

Currently, private insurance providers, such as United Healthcare, provide what is called Medicare Supplemental Insurance to cover the costs of deductibles and pay for services not covered by Medicare, such as dentists, hearing aids, vision, etc.

Supplemental insurance costs for Plan F (the supplement covering nearly every cost not covered by Medicare) vary from $150.00 in some states to as high as $300.00 in others.

Not only does Bernie want to put every swinging dick and tit on Medicare, he has no freaking clue what the true cost of this approach will mean to every American.

Bernie can go screw himself .
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 03:40:38 PM by totallackey »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2020, 04:30:24 PM »
You could have at least spent five minutes reviewing Bernie's actual healthcare plan instead of copy/pasting the current Medicare structure. I know, that is a lot to ask.

Don't worry it will only cost 150 trillion a year which is of course the "true" cost to Americans.

I am very smart.

totallackey

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2020, 05:16:07 PM »
You could have at least spent five minutes reviewing Bernie's actual healthcare plan instead of copy/pasting the current Medicare structure. I know, that is a lot to ask.

Don't worry it will only cost 150 trillion a year which is of course the "true" cost to Americans.

I am very smart.
Bernie has an actual plan?

Funny...I haven't seen it yet...

He hasn't even signed off on the one I did see, and that is pretty nonspecific on the actual numbers...

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2020, 05:19:22 PM »

Yes, we know.

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2020, 06:12:06 PM »
let's definitely keep the current system wherein i pay a shitload of money every month for health insurance but still can't afford to actually go see a doctor.  i'm literally just sending money to an insurance company every week so that if i ever get cancer i can get just enough treatment to go bankrupt before i die.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

totallackey

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2020, 06:33:22 PM »

Yes, we know.
who is "we?"

Come on...be sharing like your hero...post a link!

totallackey

« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2020, 06:35:26 PM »
let's definitely keep the current system wherein i pay a shitload of money every month for health insurance but still can't afford to actually go see a doctor.  i'm literally just sending money to an insurance company every week so that if i ever get cancer i can get just enough treatment to go bankrupt before i die.
You can thank government involvement in healthcare for your current predicament.

« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2020, 08:59:26 PM »
You can thank government involvement in healthcare for your current predicament.

indeed.  the government's involvement in securing profits for the health insurance industry should cease immediately.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2020, 09:10:30 PM »
who is "we?"

Come on...be sharing like your hero...post a link!

The "we" in this case is the community your are posting in. I know context can be difficult but please try to make at least a little bit of an effort. I know you claim to be super old, but even you should be able to handle basic internet searches.

Also my dude, I have roughly zero interest in discussing modern healthcare policy with someone who unironically says things like:

If healthcare was in vogue then, it was within the town where the doctor was performing house calls and accepting chickens or apples in return for service.

I have no idea if you are a troll  or an out-of-touch boomer, but either way I am not interested. You will end up with the same healthcare as everyone else eventually, assuming you aren't nearly dead at this point.

totallackey

« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2020, 11:22:18 AM »
It would be interesting if one you who is attached to Bernie at the hip could get him to explain this...

https://www.sanders.senate.gov/download/options-to-finance-medicare-for-all?inline=file
" 4 percent income-based premium paid by households...Revenue raised: $3.5 trillion over ten years."

VS

His website:
https://berniesanders.com/issues/medicare-for-all/
"No networks, no premiums, no deductibles, no copays, no surprise bills."

He can't even get his own story straight...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 12:16:54 PM by totallackey »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2020, 11:31:52 AM »
Currently, Medicare provides Part A and Part B. ....

What do you actually WANT, though?

As a non-American, I know that my taxes have, in part, covered things such that I can get taken care of in cases of medical emergency without suffering financial ruin. Americans don't seem to have the same safety net.

Do you want the safety net? Are you American?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

totallackey

« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2020, 11:47:43 AM »

As a non-American, I know that my taxes have, in part, covered things such that I can get taken care of in cases of medical emergency without suffering financial ruin. Americans don't seem to have the same safety net.

I want people to recognize that government can't fix anything (as evidenced by their track record) and anyone promising "free" stuff is a shyster.

I want to live free and then die...as nature intended.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2020, 12:24:46 PM »

Allow me to explain American philosophy:
"If you can't save yourself, why should I help?"

Basically they want the safety net, but only for themselves.  Because its cheaper.  The less money they give to others, the better.

I want people to recognize that government can't fix anything (as evidenced by their track record) and anyone promising "free" stuff is a shyster.

I want to live free and then die...as nature intended.
You should avoid hospitals and doctors and civilization then.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2020, 12:11:35 AM »
https://www.newsweek.com/72-democratic-voters-believe-bernie-sanders-would-beat-trump-2020-election-new-poll-shows-1488010

Apparently Democrats think he's most likely to beat Trump out of all the candidates. This is important because a lot of Democrats are putting ability to defeat Trump ahead of any other issues in the primaries.

Go Bernie!
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2020, 05:42:18 AM »
https://www.newsweek.com/72-democratic-voters-believe-bernie-sanders-would-beat-trump-2020-election-new-poll-shows-1488010

Apparently Democrats think he's most likely to beat Trump out of all the candidates. This is important because a lot of Democrats are putting ability to defeat Trump ahead of any other issues in the primaries.

Go Bernie!

I don't put stock in polls these days.  Not after 2016.

Even so, beating Trump is my top priority.  Hell, I'd vote for another republican over Trump.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2020, 12:04:34 PM »
Even so, beating Trump is my top priority.  Hell, I'd vote for another republican over Trump.
Don't you like low unemployment and a strong economy?  ???
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 20, 2020, 01:51:43 PM »

Yes, all praise Barack Obama for getting our country out of one of its worst financial crises in history and starting the period of economic prosperity we're currently in.

Good on Trump for not fucking it up yet, I guess. I'm sure he's saving it for his second term like most Republican presidents (that's when the more unsavory aspects of his "massive tax cut" are set to kick in). Of course our national debt is soaring under his watch so it's not like it's all roses.

Does anybody else remember when the Republicans were supposed to be the party of "fiscal responsibility"?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 01:59:00 PM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2020, 02:01:00 PM »

Yes, all praise Barack Obama for getting our country out of one of its worst financial crises in history and starting the period of economic prosperity we're currently in.

Good on Trump for not fucking it up yet, I guess. I'm sure he's saving it for his second term like most Republican presidents (that's when the more unsavory aspects of his "massive tax cut" are set to kick in). Of course our national debt is soaring under his watch so it's not like it's all roses.

Does anybody else remember when the Republicans were supposed to be the party of "fiscal responsibility"?

Couldn't have said it better.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2020, 02:42:27 PM »

I have yet to hear anyone state clearly how Trump is responsible for this.  This is clearly the back end of Obama's recovery.  Trump's only contribution to this economy has been a massive tax give away to the rich which they promptly used for a stock buy back.

Let me restate that last point because it's not said nearly enough.  Trump squandered one of the tools we use to deal with financial crisis and put it directly into the pockets of billionaires.