Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
A Critique of Drones
« on: May 24, 2016, 04:07:29 AM »
'The Assassination Complex'
By Jeremy Scahill and Glenn Greenwald

Bearing in mind that Jeremy Scahill exposed Blackwater and the Bush administration's use of private armies, this interview with both authors on Democracy Now does not shy away either from hard hitting criticism of Obama and other "Democrat" Party politicians and writers and supporters

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
Re: A Critique of Drones
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 01:43:36 PM »
Alexander Cockburn of Counterpunch also has a book about drones. I like Alexander Cockburn and have his books, but Jeremy Scahill's approach is more interesting on this subject.

Offline magic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 02:45:28 AM »
Drones or any technology replacing man will cause an imbalance in the value of humanity, which I do not personally take value in but can understand how others would.

A drone eliminating targets abroad will remove several people from continuing their existence here.
A drone being eliminated will not remove the operator responsible for eliminating the aforementioned people.

This will create a inequity in which the only release for such is to come to the drone's domestic territory and eliminate soft targets until balance is restored.

It doesn't matter either way though but it is entertaining to think of how things can play out.

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 02:23:26 AM »
I know that drones which operate and killed people in Yemen are based on a US military base a few miles west across the Red Sea in Djibouti (in the Horn of Africa) just south of the Capitol city.   Scahill's previous book focused on US neocolonialism and terror against Yemen.

It's clearly a case of rich folks targeting and murdering poor folks. If someone were to light up that base, the media would make another September 11 type event out of it, but that same media downplay the routine murders committed by this base and similar ones in Afghanistan all the time.

So the American press is not in any way a free press. It's primarily a controlled press that defends fascism. It's models are William Randolf Hearst and Joseph Goebbels (who were friends in real life).

I consider it particularly tragic when a fascist successfully passed themselves off as a harmless liberal. The media is culpable.