Offline Jane

• View Profile
Celestial Gears and the Southern/Outer Star Systems
« on: January 06, 2016, 06:08:37 PM »
To use an illustration I've seen on the sister/deadbeat older brother site to describe celestial gears:

The inner gear would be the Northern star system, rotating one direction, and it's surrounded by the Southern: the stars rotating the other direction, closer to the edge. I'm assuming something like this is accurate: if there was only one such outer 'gear' then at some points there'd be no stars in the sky, which is clearly wrong.

Can anyone describe the stars in the outer gears? The inner gear is understandable, we can observe that star system, but what of the outer? Are they the exact same set-up of stars repeated three times? Is each one just a fraction of what we think of as the southern star system?
It doesn't seem entirely clear as to why, for example, we've never observed stars rotating around three points in the sky: the inner, and then two gears of the outer.

The wiki doesn't seem to dedicate any time to the topic, and I haven't found any actual explanation of gears via the search function. They're just appealed to with no description.

Re: Celestial Gears and the Southern/Outer Star Systems
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 06:47:06 PM »
If this "younger" site wants to actually take the lead in flat earth theory, it must discard the faq now and bring the full power of ether physics into play.

There are no celestial gears: it was offerred as an explanation years ago in order to defend the erroneous northern circumpolar map.

Offline Jane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 06:50:28 PM »
If this "younger" site wants to actually take the lead in flat earth theory, it must discard the faq now and bring the full power of ether physics into play.

There are no celestial gears: it was offerred as an explanation years ago in order to defend the erroneous northern circumpolar map.

This site seems to rely on them as well, and it's that model I'm asking about, not an alternative which only you seem to accept. This question is directed to those that hold to the celestial gears model, so I can understand just what they're talking about.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 07:01:20 PM »
My "alternative" model/faq answers all the issues that the official faq cannot: beam neutrinos, ring laser gyroscopes, venus angular size, axial precession and much more.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=18122.0#.Vo1kPbZ961s

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=37933.0#.Vo1kYLZ961s

(celestial gears)

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 07:41:01 PM »
Hi sandokhan, I will repeat this to you once more: we're perfectly happy to make changes to the FAQ. All you need to do is write them up and put them in S&C for public approval. Once you have the members' support for your changes, I'll gladly introduce them for you.

As for you, Jane: I don't think this animation is quite accurate. The easiest way I can reconcile it is by saying that the entire system should also be rotating clockwise. The motion of the three-gear outer system should then be treated as one ring (think of the stars as "mounted" onto the entire gear system, rather than any individual gear). I realise that this is a messy explanation without any graphical support, but I currently only have access to a very low-powered laptop, so I can't exactly model this up.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:05:24 PM by SexWarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Thork

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 08:52:07 PM »
@Jane

I'm the meantime whilst the bickering continues ... I have outlined celestial gears before.
http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=2635.msg66165#msg66165

This should give you a start into this theory. Whilst sandokahn doesn't like that theory, I'm none to keen on the alternative ether theory. I'm a gears kind of a guy.

geckothegeek

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 09:38:18 PM »
How do those gears work to shift the sun in its orbit for the change in seasons, such as summer to winter , etc. ? Sounds like some sort of a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) ?

Offline Jane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 10:10:58 PM »
As for you, Jane: I don't think this animation is quite accurate. The easiest way I can reconcile it is by saying that the entire system should also be rotating clockwise. The motion of the three-gear outer system should then be treated as one ring (think of the stars as "mounted" onto the entire gear system, rather than any individual gear). I realise that this is a messy explanation without any graphical support, but I currently only have access to a very low-powered laptop, so I can't exactly model this up.
I'm just going from the images provided. When you mean the 'entire system' are you referring to the purple outer-ring rotating as a gear? Otherwise I'm not sure what effect it'd have.

@Jane

I'm the meantime whilst the bickering continues ... I have outlined celestial gears before.
http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=2635.msg66165#msg66165

This should give you a start into this theory. Whilst sandokahn doesn't like that theory, I'm none to keen on the alternative ether theory. I'm a gears kind of a guy.

Thanks for the link.

So, from what I can gather, the other stars are spread around: if the illustration was accurate the southern system would be split up onto several gears (though under the model they're only on one).