Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #8920 on: June 04, 2021, 08:09:00 PM »
The former guy's much-vaunted 'platform', set up as a replacement for his Twitter feed, has died, only 29 days after launch.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-blog-shut-down/

Wrong. He just posted again today.

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #8921 on: June 04, 2021, 08:14:03 PM »
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 08:16:48 PM by WTF_Seriously »
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #8922 on: June 04, 2021, 08:32:34 PM »
https://fox8.com/news/report-trump-telling-supporters-he-expects-to-be-reinstated/

lmbo hilarious if true.

here's how trump can still win.

There's nothing hilarious about this, and I don't believe for a second that Trump really thinks he'll be reinstated. This is all part of his strategy to maintain his political relevance, a strategy that has so far been enormously successful. Since losing the election and crying foul, Trump has solidified his dominance of the Republican Party, endeared his base to him all the more, and raised over two hundred million dollars. There's no dignity in being a sore loser, and it's easy to mock Trump for that, but he's not delusional or desperate. He knows exactly what he's doing, and it's a very smart move.

Wrong. He just posted again today.

He still releases statements on his website, but the "blog" feature on it, "From the Desk of Donald J. Trump," has been removed. It looked like this:

ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8923 on: June 04, 2021, 08:35:14 PM »
So he's still releasing regular statements per normal then, except on a different part of the website. Okay.  ::)

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #8924 on: June 04, 2021, 08:40:33 PM »

There's nothing hilarious about this, and I don't believe for a second that Trump really thinks he'll be reinstated. This is all part of his strategy to maintain his political relevance, a strategy that has so far been enormously successful. Since losing the election and crying foul, Trump has solidified his dominance of the Republican Party, endeared his base to him all the more, and raised over two hundred million dollars. There's no dignity in being a sore loser, and it's easy to mock Trump for that, but he's not delusional or desperate. He knows exactly what he's doing, and it's a very smart move.

Exactly.  He's played 1/2 the American population like Itzhak Perlman plays a Stradivarius.
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8925 on: June 04, 2021, 10:23:02 PM »
Compare and contrast

January 2020

June 2021

Let's gloss over the fact that the former guy looks as though he's been using his suit trousers for pyjamas, and focus on him looking much more gaunt than last year, making the orange ferret on his head look even more incongruous....
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8926 on: June 04, 2021, 10:24:53 PM »
So he's still releasing regular statements per normal then, except on a different part of the website. Okay.  ::)

Yes, not on the blog. The blog was supposed to be where fans/sycophants got notified of new posts by signing up, where they could interact directly with the former guy, and home a host of other fun activities.

Now it's just a statement on a web page. You can see the difference, can't you?

Nearly?

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8927 on: June 05, 2021, 01:29:05 PM »

but, but, Trump said, “In a time of silence and lies, a beacon of freedom arises. A place to speak freely and safely. Straight from the desk of Donald J. Trump,”
Now it's gone!    :'(

I guess it's no different than Trump Shuttle, Trump Vodka, Trump University, Trump: The Game, Trump Network, Trump Taj Mahal, etc, etc....

The few businesses that he didn't completely crash into the ground are currently sitting in a German pawn shop.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8928 on: June 05, 2021, 09:43:01 PM »
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/statement-by-donald-j-trump-45th-president-of-the-united-states-of-america-06.04.21-02

I see the exact same share with social media features on the new site as in the screenshot from the blog site. And there is still a page to sign up for alerts: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/alerts

So what was changed other than the name?  ???

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #8929 on: June 06, 2021, 12:06:56 AM »
Pretty funny, if not pathetic:

Trump ends blog after 29 days, infuriated by measly readership
Upset that it was being mocked for low traffic, Trump ordered his team Tuesday to put the blog out of its misery

"Trump still wants to launch some other platform — timing not yet determined — and didn’t like that this first attempt was being mocked as a loser, according to a Trump adviser who spoke on the condition of anonymity to talk frankly about the former president’s plans...
In his statement, Trump, without citing a source, said tens of millions of his supporters had stopped using Facebook and Twitter “because they’ve becoming ‘boring’ and nasty” — a claim not backed up by the companies’ own data, which shows U.S. usage has stayed steady or increased since Trump left office.
"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/06/02/trump-blog-dead/

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8930 on: June 06, 2021, 12:22:47 AM »
Compare and contrast

January 2020

June 2021

Let's gloss over the fact that the former guy looks as though he's been using his suit trousers for pyjamas, and focus on him looking much more gaunt than last year, making the orange ferret on his head look even more incongruous....

I doubt that attacking or comparing looks will go well for you.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 12:36:40 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #8931 on: June 06, 2021, 12:40:49 AM »
Compare and contrast

January 2020

June 2021

What a weird and creepy thing to post. Melania is 51 and Jill is 70? What do they have to do with DJT's appearance? And how the office ages presidents is kinda a long standing tradition. Tons of comparisons of Obama in 2008 versus 2016 out there with commentary, W, same thing, on and on. Though this is a first for visual first lady age comparisons, unless that's how you roll in darker parts of the web.

Rama Set

« Reply #8932 on: June 06, 2021, 12:58:19 AM »
Hey Melania spent a lot of people’s money to look like that. Have some respect.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8933 on: June 06, 2021, 12:58:39 AM »
Quote from: stack
What a weird and creepy thing to post. Melania is 51 and Jill is 70? What do they have to do with DJT's appearance?

A disgusting president chooses to be associated with and married to a disgusting hag. Seems relevant to me.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 01:00:39 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #8934 on: June 06, 2021, 01:05:27 AM »
What a weird and creepy thing to post. Melania is 51 and Jill is 70? What do they have to do with DJT's appearance?

A disgusting president chooses to be associated with and married to a disgusting hag. Seems relevant to me.

Like I said, super creepy of you.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #8935 on: June 06, 2021, 01:36:43 AM »
That's Dr. Disgusting hag to you, sir.

Could this be a new low point for the 447 pages in this thread?

Rama Set

« Reply #8936 on: June 06, 2021, 01:55:26 AM »

I understand you’re upset Dr Biden chose Joe over you, but try and show some class.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #8937 on: June 06, 2021, 04:03:36 AM »
This is such a weird sidebar. From the top, mocking Trump for losing weight is goofy. The man needed to lose some weight, he managed to do so, and he's definitely healthier now for it. He doesn't look bad in that picture because he's "gaunt" (he's not); he looks bad because he's an awful dresser, has a shitty hairdo and nauseating fake tan, and is in general a very physically unattractive man. Basically, the same reasons he's looked bad all his life.

Responding to criticism of Trump's looks by comparing Jill and Melania's looks is of course entirely irrelevant, but while we're on the subject, I'm not impressed by Trump having bought himself a trophy wife, nor by his long history of paying for sex. "Having money" is not a personal quality, and "spending money" is not a talent or skill. It's a point I've made before, but it's remarkable how much Trump's fanbase praise him for superficial "manly" attributes that he clearly doesn't possess at all. He's vain, foppish, and obsessed with his appearance. He's obese and physically weak. He's quick to take offense and complain. He never takes responsibility and regularly blames others for his mistakes. He's never served in the military, faced personal danger, or even so much as worked a day of manual labor in his life. And of course, no woman will touch him unless they've been paid or provided for. Nothing about Trump is tough, macho, or badass. He is the least manly president this nation has ever had.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8938 on: June 06, 2021, 10:03:36 PM »
This is such a weird sidebar. From the top, mocking Trump for losing weight is goofy. The man needed to lose some weight, he managed to do so, and he's definitely healthier now for it.

Sorry, but I don't think he looks healthier at all, at all. And I wasn't mocking him for losing weight, merely observing the fact that he had.

He doesn't look bad in that picture because he's "gaunt" (he's not); he looks bad because he's an awful dresser, has a shitty hairdo and nauseating fake tan, and is in general a very physically unattractive man. Basically, the same reasons he's looked bad all his life.

The bolded part is basically what I said. The loss of weight makes the ginger ferret up top look even weirder than it did before, and the suit trousers look as though he's been sleeping in them. 

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8939 on: June 06, 2021, 10:51:37 PM »

I doubt we'll see much difference in a before and after pic of Biden last year and this. Even if there is, Biden has never worn an orange ferret on his head.

The first ladies' looks are irrelevant when compared to each other. The comparison between last year and this year is OF THE SAME PERSON, not between two different folks. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 06:50:22 AM by Tumeni »

Nearly?