Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #8760 on: May 03, 2021, 12:12:23 PM »
The Former Guy currently lives in a country club/hotel, and occasionally addresses a few folk at functions held there with stories about how he wuz robbed of his former role.

EDIT to add video - start around 30secs, and observe as the band wait 'patiently' for security to remove the stage invader....

Meanwhile, as he lives there, members of his party try to claim that they are the party of  "the blue collar working man", seemingly unaware that the working man would be turned away at the gate of the aforementioned country club.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 02:16:29 PM by Tumeni »
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #8761 on: May 03, 2021, 12:30:57 PM »
It's not really a scandal that has anything to do with Trump though. I don't see the point in devoting several pages to gloating about the fact that one of the hundreds of Washington personalities with their nose up Trump's asshole is involved in a scandal that has nothing to do with Trump in a Trump thread.

But I guess it's nice that the orange man himself has faded enough into irrelevance already that this is what we're talking about here now.

It’s somewhat related to Trump in that I realize that Trump hopefully gets me attention.
We understand.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8762 on: May 05, 2021, 06:17:51 AM »
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8763 on: May 05, 2021, 09:50:06 AM »
Good news, Tom!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56989500

Wow...
Read the about page.  Literally everything there is either wrong or a lie.  Its amazing and frightning.

Like this gem:
We believe in the promise of the Declaration of Independence, that we are all made EQUAL by our Creator, and that must all be TREATED equal under the law.
Ignoring the fact that it says "Men" not "People" (ie. White males only), it doesn't say God made everyone equal, just that God gave them 3 rights: Life, Liberty, and the persuit of happiness.  Everyone was not equal under the declaration.  Far from it.

Or this...

We know that our rights do not come from government, they come from God, and no earthly force can ever take those rights away. That includes the right to religious liberty and the right to Keep and Bear Arms.
God literally damns you to hell if you don't worship him.  Soooo yeah, not so much religeous liberty.  Nor does God give the right to keep weapons.  The teachings of Jesus is literally "Don't fight back.  Don't kill.  Trust in God.". Last I checked, Smith & Wesson wasn't God.

His page is exactly as I expected:
His personal blog with likes but no comment section because why would he want to allow roboust debate?

We embrace free thought, we welcome robust debate, and we are not afraid to stand up to the oppressive dictates of political correctness.

So....
Bets on when Tom starts linking to there for "Facts"?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #8764 on: May 05, 2021, 10:38:20 AM »
It’s a very strange and possibly dangerous ideological twist to assert that the rights appointed by the constitution are god-given. Many Americans are too invested in keeping the constitution sacrosanct instead of admitting that it needs updating.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #8765 on: May 05, 2021, 10:52:17 AM »
Given the fact the Founding Fathers were deists, it would not be an ideological leap to ascribe the Bill of Rights as being god-given.

They are most certainly based on a natural order of things, being all things are born with the ability to communicate and defend.

It is unnatural to believe it would somehow need updating.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #8766 on: May 05, 2021, 11:45:10 AM »
Given the fact the Founding Fathers were deists, it would not be an ideological leap to ascribe the Bill of Rights as being god-given.

They are most certainly based on a natural order of things, being all things are born with the ability to communicate and defend.

So anyone who believes in god must also have a direct channel to hear what hes saying?

And doesnt need updating? That's why there are zero amendments, right?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #8767 on: May 05, 2021, 12:00:54 PM »

So anyone who believes in god must also have a direct channel to hear what hes saying?
Wtf?
And doesnt need updating? That's why there are zero amendments, right?
The Bill of Rights has been amended?

Since when?

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #8768 on: May 05, 2021, 12:11:40 PM »
The Bill of Rights was introduced alongside the first 10 amendments to the constitution

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #8769 on: May 05, 2021, 12:18:04 PM »
The Bill of Rights was introduced alongside the first 10 amendments to the constitution
The Bill of Rights are the first 10.

And they need no revision or amending.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8770 on: May 05, 2021, 12:23:03 PM »

You have a set of amendments to the constitution, but assert that the amendments don't need to be amended?

So ... the constitution was amended by the amendments, but the amendments are sacrosanct and need no change?

Nearly?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #8771 on: May 05, 2021, 12:24:54 PM »

You have a set of amendments to the constitution, but assert that the amendments don't need to be amended?

So ... the constitution was amended by the amendments, but the amendments are sacrosanct and need no change?
The Bill of Rights are the first ten amendments and the manner in which they are written provides they shall not be amended or revised.

You have a real issue with this concept?

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #8772 on: May 05, 2021, 12:39:58 PM »
So the constitution needed to be amended... so the deist founding fathers took the word from god and introduced the bill of rights, a perfect document that needs no changes. But then lawmakers continued adding amendments thereafter.

So was the word of god in the bill of rights not good enough? Just incomplete? The wording and the first ten are perfect, the big guy just left out a couple gaps for us normal folk to fill in and figure out as we go?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #8773 on: May 05, 2021, 12:48:39 PM »
So the constitution needed to be amended... so the deist founding fathers took the word from god and introduced the bill of rights, a perfect document that needs no changes. But then lawmakers continued adding amendments thereafter.
The additional amendments have nothing to do with the language or construction of the 1st ten.
So was the word of god in the bill of rights not good enough? Just incomplete? The wording and the first ten are perfect, the big guy just left out a couple gaps for us normal folk to fill in and figure out as we go?
The first ten are based on the natural order of things.

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #8774 on: May 05, 2021, 01:06:45 PM »

This is either extremely ignorant or extremely racist. Or both.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #8775 on: May 05, 2021, 01:09:18 PM »

This is either extremely ignorant or extremely racist. Or both.
Okay.

How is it ignorant or racist for a person to communicate, defend, or feel secure in their environment?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #8776 on: May 05, 2021, 01:12:49 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/facebook-trump-decision-05-05-21/index.html

At least he has his cute lil blog to gaslight his followers from now.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #8777 on: May 05, 2021, 01:31:08 PM »
"The first ten are based on the natural order of things."

In short, what is this "natural order of things" to which you refer?

Nearly?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #8778 on: May 05, 2021, 01:34:23 PM »

The natural order of persons being born with the ability to communicate, defend, and the need for security to allow for natural growth and progression.

Inherent to all things.

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #8779 on: May 05, 2021, 01:41:52 PM »

The natural order of persons being born with the ability to communicate, defend, and the need for security to allow for natural growth and progression.

Inherent to all things.

Among other things, slavery was still permitted after the first ten amandments were introduced. Black people couldnt vote, or be counted as citizens. Women couldnt vote. That's your "natural order of things"?

Bill of rights didnt quite cut it.