Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Mobile experience is poor
« on: November 20, 2021, 09:17:22 PM »
In CN.

Ok, I know it's the silly forum with snow, but I make most of my posts in there and I can't do that from my phone because it isn't responsive.

The snow is an old joke now. Can we just fix it?
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Mobile experience is poor
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 09:19:37 PM »
Absolutely. Once you've developed an appropriate theme, please pull request it to our repo as per usual and we'll have a look
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 11:08:56 PM »
Absolutely. Once you've developed an appropriate theme, please pull request it to our repo as per usual and we'll have a look
Just use the theme that the rest of the forum uses ???

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2021, 11:14:58 PM »
Using the overall theme wouldn't solve your problem as you currently describe it. Most threads in CN would break that theme, because they're enormous quote pyramids, the letter "B" in an egregiously large font, or ginormous unscaled images of any old shit.

You don't have to use CN. It is, deliberately and intentionally, a barely usable mess for people to dump complete nonsense into. Maybe that's not your cup of tea, and that's fine. If you do not like CN, do not use CN. In doing so, you also "vote" with your posts.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 10:21:04 AM »
Using the overall theme wouldn't solve your problem as you currently describe it. Most threads in CN would break that theme, because they're enormous quote pyramids, the letter "B" in an egregiously large font, or ginormous unscaled images of any old shit.

You don't have to use CN. It is, deliberately and intentionally, a barely usable mess for people to dump complete nonsense into. Maybe that's not your cup of tea, and that's fine. If you do not like CN, do not use CN. In doing so, you also "vote" with your posts.
Maybe someone who isn't interested in being unhelpful would like to respond instead?

I don't dislike CN. In fact I like using it because I can say what I like without picking up bans. That is why almost all my posts are on those lower forums these days. Because those are the rules I wish to subscribe to. The moderators here aren't good enough to run the other forums sensibly without resorting to mod powers to win arguments that they've decided to take personally.

The issue is on mobile, CN is practically unreadable because the font is too small. I'm asking if a mobile friendly font can be installed instead. Being as the site already has such a thing for every other board, can you not just apply the same theme? Daniel's joke is maybe 15 years old at this point. It's ok for us to not have the same shitty theme any more.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2021, 10:22:49 AM »
If you don't like CN (including the theme) but want to carry on posting useless things, there's AR. There's also the Lounge.

Since you're not interested in implementing your own solution and this thread has now turned into yet another ramble about how you don't want to follow rules, it seems safe to lock at this point. If anyone else does want to create or suggest an alternative theme, feel free to PM me.