Yet another warning
« on: September 08, 2021, 08:46:17 AM »
Here is the sequence of events:
A user (whose name I do not recall) posted in FE Theory a a new thread with few questions (I think the title was something like "could to find in the FAQ), they involved things like the fact that the ISS can be seen with just binoculars.
Then about a week later after getting no responses that same uses posted "I guess no one is going to respond"
To which I replied with the reason I thought no one would respond which as far as I can see has a lot to do with the entire MO of FE theory and what is going on on this board.
So then I got a warning for off-topiic posting and the thread was deleted (as far as I can tell).

So if my post was off-topic for the FE theory board (despite it being a response to a post already there) where should it have been posted?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 08:49:02 AM by ichoosereality »
The contents of the GPS NAV message is the time of transmission and the orbital location of the transmitter at that time. If the transmitters are not where they claim to be GPS would not work.  Since it does work the transmitters must in fact be in orbit, which means the earth is round.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: Yet another warning
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 10:08:06 AM »
Here is the sequence of events:
A user (whose name I do not recall) posted in FE Theory a a new thread with few questions (I think the title was something like "could to find in the FAQ), they involved things like the fact that the ISS can be seen with just binoculars.
Then about a week later after getting no responses that same uses posted "I guess no one is going to respond"
To which I replied with the reason I thought no one would respond which as far as I can see has a lot to do with the entire MO of FE theory and what is going on on this board.
So then I got a warning for off-topiic posting and the thread was deleted (as far as I can tell).

So if my post was off-topic for the FE theory board (despite it being a response to a post already there) where should it have been posted?
When a user realizes that not everyone has an overwhelming desire to respond to his oh so precious post, the issue is now personal to the OP.

The thread in question was not deleted, by the way. Your response to his whining was one big, long "YEAH! Let's show those FE'ers!" diatribe.

The fact you cannot navigate your way around a simple website and find it offers great insight as to the level of your ability to fruitfully and beneficially examine more complex issues being discussed here, such as the shape of the entire earth.

Your warning was justified in that your response, as described here, is indeed off-topic and offers reasonings for the lack of responses that can in no way be accurate.

Your thoughts and musings are not shared amongst all, luckily.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 10:20:05 AM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another warning
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 01:26:04 PM »
Exactly where it got moved to.

and the thread was deleted (as far as I can tell).
You can view your own posts here. I'd recommend familiarising yourself with how Web fora work *before* trying to use them.

Locked.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume