Offline AATW

• View Profile
Warning!
« on: June 18, 2021, 08:19:46 AM »
In yet another terrible decision and injustice, I have apparently received a warning:

AllAroundTheWorld,

You have received a warning for breaching rule 1 (no personal attacks). Please try to discuss ideas, rather than the individuals who presented them.

Please abide by the forum rules, otherwise further action will be taken.

You may remind yourself of the forum rules here

Regards,
The Flat Earth Society Forum Team.

Now obviously this is another blunder from the mediocre mods, but point of order. How am I supposed to know what post I've been warned for?
Am I being stupid or is there no way of telling? Usually the post gets moved to AR or a comment is made in the relevant thread but I can't see anything, so...

My actual suggestion - when these PMs are sent could a link to the relevant post be added so the person can see what ridiculous decision has been made they're being warned for.

Ta.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: Warning!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 08:25:12 AM »
I dislike the cowardly nature of the warnings. Who gave you the warning? Why is it anonymous? Why does no one stand up and take ownership for their actions?

If you have great power, you should also be charged with accountability.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 08:42:12 AM »
Ordinarily, warnings come with a link to the message in question, so your main suggestion is more or less there.

There is a small UI bug which makes this difficult to do on mobile and sometimes forces us to issue a "generic" warning, so on rare occasions this information is missing. That will be fixed Soon™️.

In addition, we normally follow up with a post or PM, and you can always simply ask if all of that has failed (as you have today, and I hopefully helped to get to the bottom of it).

In short: AATW, we agree. In your particular case things didn't go entirely to plan, but this happens very rarely, there's a clear way out of it when it happens, and once I've found a moment to work through that bug it'll probably become a non-event.

EDIT: To give you an idea, this is what the standard message would look like if I were to warn you for this thread's OP:

AllAroundTheWorld,

You have received a warning for breaching rule 1 (no personal attacks). Please try to discuss ideas, rather than the individuals who presented them.

This is in regard to your recent post: Warning!.

Please abide by the forum rules, otherwise further action will be taken.

You may remind yourself of the forum rules here

Regards,
The Flat Earth Society Forum Team.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 08:52:07 AM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 08:59:21 AM »
Fair enough. Ta.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 10:48:36 AM »
Snitches get stitches...

Rama Set

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2021, 10:48:59 AM »
Fair enough. Ta.
How about this one?
Either way, both SteelyBob and AATW, are guilty of not providing the name of the author of this piece of trash table, something I thought TFES was keen on avoiding. If you cannot provide proper references, both of you should stop posting.
To be clear, I don't know what this link is. It was poorly formed, it was fairly obvious how to correct it but you were apparently too stupid to work it out so I helped you.
The fact you couldn't work out how to correct a simple URL does not fill me with confidence that your maths is correct, but I'm sure you're about to present it any minute now...

I hope you’re ok.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2021, 11:08:15 AM »
Guys, we're in S&C.

Locked.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2021, 04:33:18 AM »
I dislike the cowardly nature of the warnings. Who gave you the warning? Why is it anonymous? Why does no one stand up and take ownership for their actions?

If you have great power, you should also be charged with accountability.

It was me btw, based on a post someone had reported. Usually I make a post in the thread mentioning the warning, but this time I didn't because I didn't.