Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Anti Israel is not Anti Semitism
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2015, 05:08:29 PM »
I'd like to see how the discussion goes without him...

So, Israel is a country and while it may be primarily Jewish, it is not run by Jewish law nor is it all Jewish.  Thus, to dislike Israel can't be anti-semite.

Agree or disagree?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2015, 11:18:18 PM »
Disagree. It's hypothetically possible for someone to assume the mindset of "I hate Jews, therefore I hate Israel".
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline drevko

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2015, 11:57:23 PM »
It is possible to be against Israel but not hate Jews. 

I'm pro-Israel and moderately against Jews.

The Israeli are the less evil of the Jews.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 12:01:39 AM by drevko »

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2015, 03:47:20 AM »
Well, that made interesting reading. I am a Jew, albeit perhaps not as harsh as that individual. I classify myself as generally Conservadox w/ slight Reform tendancies. I think one can disagree w/ individual things Israel does & not hate Jews. But opposing the EXISTENCE of Israel as a Jewish State is anti-Semitic, & most Israeli Jews would agree, including the secular ones. To use the earlier example, there are many people in France that aren't French, mostly from Muslim countries. But to oppose France's existence as the French State would be Francophobic. Please note I am using the WAP2 Interface on a dumbphone. No computer. It takes a LONG time to answer, & more than one post if answers are long. Do be patient.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2015, 12:06:00 PM »
Well, that made interesting reading. I am a Jew, albeit perhaps not as harsh as that individual. I classify myself as generally Conservadox w/ slight Reform tendancies. I think one can disagree w/ individual things Israel does & not hate Jews. But opposing the EXISTENCE of Israel as a Jewish State is anti-Semitic, & most Israeli Jews would agree, including the secular ones. To use the earlier example, there are many people in France that aren't French, mostly from Muslim countries. But to oppose France's existence as the French State would be Francophobic. Please note I am using the WAP2 Interface on a dumbphone. No computer. It takes a LONG time to answer, & more than one post if answers are long. Do be patient.

Welcome back, Yaakov.