Rama Set

Re: Trump
« Reply #4940 on: March 02, 2020, 02:10:59 AM »
We should be concerned with these issues to the degree that we are responsibly trying to mitigate the situation as much as possible. America failed with obesity and is failing with COVID. If the administration was more concerned with either it would be great. What aboutism is entirely unproductive.

You're using "whataboutism" incorrectly. That refers to someone bringing up an entirely unrelated issue to the issue being discussed.

Incorrect.

We were discussing health hazards in America, so I brought up a health hazard that is orders of magnitude more concerning than covid-19, then I said: "We should be more concerned about obesity than covid-19" and then you took multiple posts to turn around and say the same thing. Congratulations.

I haven’t said the same thing at all. I will just stop replying since you’ve switched in to your mode where you are more concerned with being right than discussing an issue.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: March 02, 2020, 02:13:42 AM »
Incorrect.

Fascinating content. I'm glad you've realized you're wrong. Don't use random catchphrases you read online again.

I haven’t said the same thing at all. I will just stop replying since you’ve switched in to your mode where you are more concerned with being right than discussing an issue.

The only person that seems to be obsessed with 'being right' here is you, as this marks the second time you've brought it up. Are other people just 2D cardboard cutouts for you? You're no longer even *mentioning* the issue at hand, much less discussing it. I'm not surprised you don't want to reply anymore, every time you're in a thread, you make asinine remarks, get mad when people challenge you on them, then run away steaming about how "ur just trying to b rite!!!".

Let's try this: Do you agree that we should be more concerned with obesity than covid-19? Do you agree that we should be more concerned with covid-19 than the common cold? If we should be equally concerned about covid-19 and obesity, then why should we not be equally concerned about covid-19 and the common cold?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 02:21:46 AM by Rushy »

Rama Set

« Reply #4942 on: March 02, 2020, 02:36:03 AM »
Enjoy.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: March 02, 2020, 07:02:37 AM »
Seems to be you two are saying the same damn thing.

More concerned with obesity because its a longer, more established issue that often leads to medical issues but still concerned with the corona virus as we need to be.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

totallackey

« Reply #4944 on: March 02, 2020, 11:46:48 AM »
Trump touts Coronavirus as "the new hoax" by the Democrats....

It is, though. Dems are attempting to freak everyone out about a virus that has a lower fatality rate than the common flu. They're also trying to actively crash markets by instilling panic into it. This isn't the dark ages, illnesses just don't spread very well in modern nations due to our level of hygiene. What will happen is this will spread like a common flu, kill a few old people who were knocking on death's door anyway and that's it.

The guardian disagrees.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/29/worse-than-flu-busting-coronavirus-myths

As does Live Science.
https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html
The best thing about the articles you presented is the tremendous amount of appearances of the famous words, "although" and "but."

That is the hoax...

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: March 02, 2020, 12:44:50 PM »

It is, though. Dems are attempting to freak everyone out about a virus that has a lower fatality rate than the common flu. They're also trying to actively crash markets by instilling panic into it. This isn't the dark ages, illnesses just don't spread very well in modern nations due to our level of hygiene. What will happen is this will spread like a common flu, kill a few old people who were knocking on death's door anyway and that's it.

The guardian disagrees.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/29/worse-than-flu-busting-coronavirus-myths

As does Live Science.
The best thing about the articles you presented is the tremendous amount of appearances of the famous words, "although" and "but."

That is the hoax...

Ok, what exactly is the hoax?  That it exists?  That it kills elderly?  That its highly transmittable?  What is the god damn hoax here?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

totallackey

« Reply #4946 on: March 02, 2020, 01:12:17 PM »

The guardian disagrees.

As does Live Science.

That is the hoax...

Ok, what exactly is the hoax?  That it exists?  That it kills elderly?  That its highly transmittable?  What is the god damn hoax here?
The hoax is the hyperbole surrounding the god damn virus.

Wash your god damn hands, stop picking your nose, and stop behaving like henny penny.

The fact is, the damn thing is just not that big of a freaking deal...

{{cough}}

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: March 02, 2020, 02:06:07 PM »

The guardian disagrees.

As does Live Science.

That is the hoax...

Wash your god damn hands, stop picking your nose, and stop behaving like henny penny.

{{cough}}
Its a highly contagious, long incubation period virus that may be airborne and you can infect others without showing symptoms.  The symptoms also range in severity but can be enough to cause someone to call out sick. 

Now to call it a hoax is really bad because a hoax implies someone is intentionally feeding you false information.  So what YOU are saying is that every major government(even Trump) and health organization is intentionally telling people to be cautious and quarantine but really know its a lie and they don't need to do anything special.

So, is Trump lying to America?  Or is this not a hoax, but an abundance of caution?  Like the swine flu?

totallackey

« Reply #4948 on: March 02, 2020, 04:41:44 PM »

The guardian disagrees.

As does Live Science.

That is the hoax...

{{cough}}
Its a highly contagious, long incubation period virus that may be airborne and you can infect others without showing symptoms.  The symptoms also range in severity but can be enough to cause someone to call out sick. 

Now to call it a hoax is really bad because a hoax implies someone is intentionally feeding you false information.  So what YOU are saying is that every major government(even Trump) and health organization is intentionally telling people to be cautious and quarantine but really know its a lie and they don't need to do anything special.

So, is Trump lying to America?  Or is this not a hoax, but an abundance of caution?  Like the swine flu?
Nobody is lying about the disease.

Jesus christ...

The flu has killed millions of people and to address that they started labeling it "swine," "bird," or what ever other freaking animal you want to choose.

Here's the issue.

Keep washing your hands, don't kiss total strangers, and don't believe everything you read on the internet.

When I was growing up, things were certainly different.

People still lived with these diseases, but didn't overreact to the news like these jerks are doing today.

When a hurricane hit, you didn't see gas and timber prices skyrocket...

Greedy SOB's that preach this environmentalist and ecology shit like people were not already doing that to begin with...they monetized the fuck out of it and that's what will truly be the death of us all...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 04:49:16 PM by totallackey »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: March 02, 2020, 06:05:24 PM »

Jesus christ...

Quote from: totallackey
That is the hoax...

Yeah, I stopped here.  If you aren't going to learn the definition of words, please don't use them.

But sure, its not a big deal.  You're old so I hope you catch it.  Then you can tell us if it is a big deal or not.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4950 on: March 02, 2020, 10:04:01 PM »
Yeah, I stopped here.  If you aren't going to learn the definition of words, please don't use them.

But sure, its not a big deal.  You're old so I hope you catch it.  Then you can tell us if it is a big deal or not.

Please do not wish illnesses on other members in the hopes that they physically suffer.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: March 02, 2020, 10:24:44 PM »

Please do not wish illnesses on other members in the hopes that they physically suffer.
Will he suffer?  He said it's no big deal so I don't think he feels he would suffer. 

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: March 02, 2020, 10:25:54 PM »

Will he suffer?  He said it's no big deal so I don't think he feels he would suffer.

Dave, that's enough. Don't do it. I'm not asking you.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: March 06, 2020, 10:56:45 PM »

Jesus christ...

That is the hoax...

This is going in my giant file of left wingers wishing harm on or doing harm to people.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: March 07, 2020, 03:33:24 AM »

Jesus christ...

That is the hoax...

This is going in my giant file of left wingers wishing harm on or doing harm to people.

Such a file could never exist for right-wingers ... ::)

Trump could likely fill a file as large as yours on his own.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: March 08, 2020, 03:54:47 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/SandersForPresident/comments/ff6dwj/today_biden_gave_a_speech_to_motivate_people_to/

"We cannot win this reelection, we can only elect Donald Trump."

Thanks for the endorsement, Biden.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: March 08, 2020, 05:04:57 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/SandersForPresident/comments/ff6dwj/today_biden_gave_a_speech_to_motivate_people_to/

I hope the DNC is reconsidering their decisions.  Then resigning.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: March 08, 2020, 08:26:46 PM »

You should double check the validity of that vid.  Another person pointed out to me its fake.  Edited by the sanders sub-redditt to make Biden look bad.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: March 09, 2020, 02:58:10 AM »
Yeah, that's deceptive, although I don't think anybody knows who did the editing:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/08/politics/fact-check-trump-campaign-promote-edited-biden-video/index.html

It's not hard to imagine Biden actually saying something like this, so you can see how this spread so easily.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: March 09, 2020, 05:39:19 AM »
I'm not shocked.

We need a law making it illegal for political figures to spread outright lies.