Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Logo copyright question
« on: February 27, 2018, 06:03:22 PM »
I received this private message:

Hi Tom,
Thank You for your time today, I just have a question regarding copyright. My AP Physics ll class decided to order some shirts as a class shirt and so we used custom ink to design it. Well they sent me an email saying they couldn't due to copyright rules which is understandable since we used your logo. My class has been bugging me to try and get permission for a while now so I was just wondering as well as the rest of them if we could possibly get permission. If so that would be awesome and greatly appreciated by everyone. If you do decide to please just email me at <redacted> with your name, position, and word of approval.
 Thank You again Tom
         -Justin
Also here is the design we came up with https://www.customink.com/designs/flatearth/rut0-00ba-d1vx/retrieve

Who owns copyright over the logo?

Edited to remove e-mail address. - Parsifal
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 07:51:10 PM by Parsifal »

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
Re: Logo copyright question
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 07:53:22 PM »
The copyright terms for the logo are clearly laid out here. The usage described here is well within these terms, so long as the shirt design is under the same licence.

Also, I've edited your post to remove some personal information. Please be mindful of this if you are going to paste information from PMs.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Logo copyright question
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 07:28:56 AM »
To add a tl;dr version - they can do it as long as they appropriately credit Blanko for his work, and ensure that their derivative logo/shirt design is made available on the same terms.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume