Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Re: blackhole created the big bang.
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2018, 03:05:26 PM »
There’s things I believe and things I’d like to believe.
In the Words of Terry Prachett ... "you need to believe in things that aren't true, how else can they become?"

And Terry Prachett knew a thing or two about earth's shape.  ;)

Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 03:34:43 PM »

And was a notable atheist.

On religious objections to euthanasia: "The problem with the God argument is that it works only if you believe in God, which I do not." T.P.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 03:38:25 PM by Jura-Glenlivet »
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2018, 04:24:45 PM »
No one is perfect.

On religious objections to euthanasia: "The problem with the God argument is that it works only if you believe in God, which I do not." T.P.
I'm all for euthanising atheists. It sounds like a good cure.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 04:27:55 PM by Baby Thork »

Rama Set

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2018, 04:29:51 PM »

Take it easy on poor Thork. He thinks Deism is a religion. This is all very hard for him.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2018, 10:27:21 PM »

Take it easy on poor Thork. He thinks Deism is a religion. This is all very hard for him.

???

http://www.religioustolerance.org/deism.htm

Deists saw their mission as the stripping away of "priestcraft" and "mysteries" from religion, thereby restoring religion to its original, true condition – simple and rational. In many cases, they considered true, original Christianity to be the same as this original natural religion. As Matthew Tindal put it:

It can't be imputed to any defect in the light of nature that the pagan world ran into idolatry, but to their being entirely governed by priests, who pretended communication with their gods, and to have thence their revelations, which they imposed on the credulous as divine oracles. Whereas the business of the Christian dispensation was to destroy all those traditional revelations, and restore, free from all idolatry, the true primitive and natural religion implanted in mankind from the creation.

— Matthew Tindal, Christianity as Old as the Creation (XIV)[22]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 10:31:54 PM by Baby Thork »

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2018, 03:48:50 AM »
My own layman thoughts.

"first law matter/energy cannot be created nor can it be destroyed. ... It can change from solid to liquid to gas to plasma and back again, but the total amount of matter/energy in the universe remains constant."

where does energy go when consumed/destroyed by a black hole?

I think that the whole big bang theory points directly to what happens on the otherside of a black hole.

of course this must lead to an assumption of wormholes or for my thinking a multiverse.

anyone have anything? I'm happy to bw proven wrong.

But based on newtons law, the energy consumed by a black hole must go somewhere, or else it is contained, which is improbable.

Where did the stuff that created the black hole came from?
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2018, 11:44:57 AM »
My own layman thoughts.

"first law matter/energy cannot be created nor can it be destroyed. ... It can change from solid to liquid to gas to plasma and back again, but the total amount of matter/energy in the universe remains constant."

I think that the whole big bang theory points directly to what happens on the otherside of a black hole.

of course this must lead to an assumption of wormholes or for my thinking a multiverse.

But based on newtons law, the energy consumed by a black hole must go somewhere, or else it is contained, which is improbable.

Its always existed.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

totallackey

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2018, 07:51:30 PM »
quote author=Baby Thork link=topic=8326.msg137039#msg137039 date=1514812051]
and you can keep your god. I don't want it.
You'd rather choose to believe a made up theory that makes your existence utterly worthless, than a made up theory that makes you special? Atheists have some dreadful self-loathing issues. Its called blind faith for a reason. You ignore the bits that make no sense and turn a blind eye (Adam and Eve having 3 sons for example), in order that you can embrace the bits that you wish were true, such as justice for those who may wrong you or reunification with a deceased loved one. Its called being happy.

And on that note, Happy New Year. May you find God and therefore peace.  :)

yes, i rather prefer to believe in science and the strive of understanding our world tham rely on an old fable ro give me comfort. I do not need threats of eternal damnation to guide my morals.

If you do, good on you. I believe anyone can follow whatever they like it as long as it gives them what they are seeking. 

Tell me. If adam and eve had three sons, how did they populate the planet?

he early chapters of Genesis are concerned with the origin of the Earth and all life, including man. The Author's intention is seemingly to present the grand picture first and then add certain details throughout the rest of Scripture; this is called Progressive Revelation. All we are told about Adam's offspring is that the first son was named Cain, the second son named Abel [Genesis 4:1-2 ], then after Abel's murder, another son named Seth was "begotten when Adam was 130 years old." After that, Adam "begot sons and daughters" [Genesis 5:3-4]. This same passage also tells us that Adam lived for 930 years [Genesis 5:5]. Therefore, according to Scripture, Adam and Eve's family consisted of sons Cain, Abel and Seth, plus a minimum of two other sons and two daughters, giving a total of seven children. However, accepting that Adam, and likely Eve, lived for 930 years, seven children would be the minimum number, but does this seem reasonable?

Genesis chapter five presents the genealogies of the descendants of Adam where we are simply given the father's name, his age when he "begot" the first son and the total number of years he lived. With the exception of Enoch, all of these pre-flood descendants of Adam lived a minimum of 777 years, while most were over 900 years. In each instance, the record simply gives the name of the first son, then adds "and begot sons and daughters." With these words, the minimum number of children per family then becomes five. But is this really a credible number?

Living over 900 years means living ten times longer than we do today. Proportionately, the female period of fecundity – today 30 to 35 years – would then be about 350 years. At a rate of only one child every seven years, this would result in 50 children for Adam's immediate family. Interestingly, two ancient books written about the time of Christ but not having the authority of inspired Scripture confirm these figures. The Book of Jubilees, whose author is unknown, was written in the second century B.C. and states that Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Paradise seven years [p.49]. Then Eve gave birth to her first child, Cain, between the ages of 64-70, or the same numbers as the age of the Earth, anno mundi. Eve's second child, Abel, was born seven years later – between the years 71-77 anno mundi [p.51]. The total number of Adam's children is not given in this work; however, it is found as a footnote in The Works of Josephus where it states: "The number of Adam's children, as says the old tradition, was 33 sons and 23 daughters." In view of their longevity, these appear to be reasonable figures while it would have to be said that, sinners though they were, Adam and Eve had faithfully obeyed God's first commission to: "be fruitful and multiply …" [Genesis 1:28].
[/quote]
Why do you feel entitled to know more about a story of people you do not believe in anyway?

Where in the writing of Genesis does it state, "These are the only children born of Adam and Eve."

Where in the writing of Genesis does it state,"These are the only humans God created."

You atheists/agnostics truly are a funny bunch!

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2018, 03:17:29 AM »
My own layman thoughts.

Its always existed.

How?

Rama Set

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2018, 03:18:39 AM »
My own layman thoughts.

Its always existed.

How?

You first.

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2018, 03:07:54 PM »
My own layman thoughts.

Its always existed.

How?

You first.

Me first what?

Rama Set

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2018, 06:19:58 PM »
Well as a Judeo-Christian you claim that God always existed. That seems just as likely as the universe always existing. Especially if you remove the time dimension from the equation. So really, is the question even relevant?

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2018, 03:53:04 AM »
Well as a Judeo-Christian you claim that God always existed. That seems just as likely as the universe always existing. Especially if you remove the time dimension from the equation. So really, is the question even relevant?

God exists outside of our dimension however matter exists within our dimension and therefore subject to our physical laws.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2018, 04:29:13 AM »

God exists outside of our dimension however matter exists within our dimension and therefore subject to our physical laws.

Someone should read up on string theory.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2018, 02:24:26 PM »

How did you come by this piece of knowledge?  How do you know God exists outside of any dimension?

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2018, 09:53:46 PM »

How did you come by this piece of knowledge?  How do you know God exists outside of any dimension?

Aside from the Bible, I don't know for a fact but I believe science infers it. Before quantum mechanics we thought what we see is all there is.

Rama Set

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2018, 11:32:39 PM »
No science says exactly nothing about what happens before time and space existed. People have some ideas, but nothing other than conjecture.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2018, 07:35:52 AM »

Aside from the Bible, I don't know for a fact but I believe science infers it. Before quantum mechanics we thought what we see is all there is.

Where in the bible doesit talk about multi dimensional existence? 

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2018, 03:41:03 PM »

For one in Genesis where it talks about God creating the heavens and for another the very nature of how God, the angels, and demons are talked about in the Bible. It also talks about how God knows the ending from the beginng.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2018, 03:55:19 PM »

For one in Genesis where it talks about God creating the heavens and for another the very nature of how God, the angels, and demons are talked about in the Bible. It also talks about how God knows the ending from the beginng.
None of these things requires multiple dimensions.

Heaven was said to be above the clouds.
Hell was said to be under the Earth.

God was in the universe he made, not outside it.
Genesis does not say
"God wanted to create, so he made the darkness."
The darkness was already there.  Thus, God was from here and he created stuff AFTER the darkness (ie. The universe) was in existence.