Offline JRowe

• Slowly being driven insane by RE nonsense
    • View Profile
    • Dual Earth Theory
Re: What would it take for you to change your mind?
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2018, 06:02:22 PM »
.... he didn't, he asked if I'd tested to see if the forces I referred to exist. They do. Now he's just whinging that I'm not going to waste my time justifying the existence of observations he already accepts.
Stop throwing a tantrum that I'm not going to be your little dancing monkey. If you ever want to have an actual discussion one of these days, I'll be waiting, but I'm not holding out much hope.
My DE model explained here.
Open to questions, but if you're curious start there rather than expecting me to explain it all from scratch every time.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2018, 07:41:25 PM »
If you ever want to have an actual discussion one of these days, I'll be waiting, but I'm not holding out much hope.

I'm trying to, but you're refusing to.

You said "I've done X"

I asked you to tell everyone what X was, when you did X, and where what you did on X was documented.

You haven't done so. You're ducking out of discussing what you did. Surely if you say "I've done X", then further discussion of what you did can form part of the discussion?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2018, 10:13:16 PM »
I am not a round earther and my model should not be measured by how close or far it is from RET, but rather how close or far it is from reality.
That is absolutely correct, your model - any model - should be judged at how well it works, how well if reflects reality.
This part of your model claims that the forces vary with altitude so extremely that they would rip a rocket apart.
That does not reflect reality, rockets get into orbit just fine. I've personally witnessed a shuttle launch. No, I can't "prove" it got into orbit. I didn't see it land, far as I know no-one has ever seen a shuttle or rocket secretly land again - I guess the key word there is "secretly", but you'd think at some point someone would have seen that. These things are tracked. Here is a video of a rocket from launch to orbit, it only cuts away briefly once

I agree that observation is important - it's how we make and test hypothesis. It's not unreasonable to ask what your observations are which lead you to believe that your model of the forces varying with altitude so extremely is correct.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"