Recent Posts

Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Covid-19 vaccine two shots
« Last post by Pete Svarrior on April 06, 2024, 11:30:54 AM »
I point out, for instance, the smallpox vaccine, of which I heard of no one claiming it is "safe and effective," while at the same time claiming to have subsequently and successfully contracting the disease against which they were inocculated.
But that doesn't contradict the definition at all. Our immune system is called, well, the "immune system", but I'm sure you've been ill before - so clearly it's not actually immune to everything ever. It's a spectrum, not a binary. You can be more or less resistant to certain diseases. Vaccines bring that resistance up, to varying extents.

And, yeah, different diseases are different. Different vaccines are different. If your argument is that the COVID vaccine is not as good/bad as the smallpox vaccine, meh, sure.

But, to me, that "all or nothing" approach just doesn't work. Should we abandon safety features in cars, just because they fail to prevent all traffic accident deaths? Should we get rid of lifeguards at beaches and swimming pools? After all, people still drown when they're around.
« Last post by Action80 on April 06, 2024, 11:05:33 AM »
I see the issue has relegated to the necessity of redefining the word vaccine.
Yes, exactly - the anti-vaxxers decided to provide their own, new definition of what a "vaccine" is, and then tried to convince others to adopt it. It worked with some, but not with most.

I just happen to think it's unproductive.
Having advanced to over 60 years on the flat earth plane, I believe it is exactly the opposite of how you choose to frame it in your post.

I point out, for instance, the smallpox vaccine, of which I heard of no one claiming it is "safe and effective," while at the same time claiming to have subsequently and successfully contracting the disease against which they were inocculated.
« Last post by Rushy on April 06, 2024, 01:01:06 AM »
The vaccine was a psyop to see who, when blasted with propaganda, would take the government's mandate at their word. Within a very short time period, a disease, which did not even exist, was propagandized to be highly dangerous, the most virulent disease ever, and if you don't take the vaccine you will get [long list of horrible side effects, including death].

To put it another way, the pandemic was a desert of the real. It was entirely virtual; invented by mass media. It didn't exist. It never happened at all. If you turned your television off and ignored the internet, it would be business as usual for you and anyone you know. It was the perfect test of media penetration. If we tell you something blatantly opposed to reality, how many people can we get to fall for it? As it turns out: practically every human being on the planet. What a glorious success.

Know someone who "got sick", my good golly, perhaps they even died? We already had a respiratory disease that did that, it was called the flu. It killed millions of people every year prior to 2020, but you didn't mind that too much, now did you? Not until a bunch of screens told you to mind it, that is.

tl;dr the pandemic did not take place, is not taking place, and will never take place.
« Last post by Pete Svarrior on April 05, 2024, 03:44:47 PM »
Yes, exactly - the anti-vaxxers decided to provide their own, new definition of what a "vaccine" is, and then tried to convince others to adopt it. It worked with some, but not with most.

I just happen to think it's unproductive.
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Terrible Political Memes
« Last post by Tom Bishop on April 05, 2024, 02:58:37 PM »
« Last post by Action80 on April 05, 2024, 08:19:35 AM »
You cannot vaccinate against respiratory illness. It is a fool's errand.
Sure you can. The flu vaccine is effective, as is the COVID-19 vaccine. It significantly reduces the likelihood of an individual contracting the disease, reduces the severity of the symptoms if they do, and limits exposure of the wider population. You shouldn't have to have one (I'm not a fan of forcing people to do stuff in general), but I don't think the fearmongering is helpful either.

The only way I can think of to argue otherwise would be to present this as a binary - either the vaccine entirely eradicates a disease, with no traces of it ever found again, or it doesn't. But that's very reductive and kinda pointless.
« Last post by Lord Dave on April 04, 2024, 04:11:58 PM »
My only regret is not being wrong about the Great Reset and how billions were gonna die.  Its a sad day when people who can prove we're all gonna die are wrong.
« Last post by Pete Svarrior on April 04, 2024, 09:28:44 AM »
You cannot vaccinate against respiratory illness. It is a fool's errand.
Sure you can. The flu vaccine is effective, as is the COVID-19 vaccine. It significantly reduces the likelihood of an individual contracting the disease, reduces the severity of the symptoms if they do, and limits exposure of the wider population. You shouldn't have to have one (I'm not a fan of forcing people to do stuff in general), but I don't think the fearmongering is helpful either.

The only way I can think of to argue otherwise would be to present this as a binary - either the vaccine entirely eradicates a disease, with no traces of it ever found again, or it doesn't. But that's very reductive and kinda pointless.
« Last post by Action80 on April 03, 2024, 02:41:49 PM »
EDIT: I originally called Thork myself stupid in this post. It has been edited to only strongly imply it.
I am under the impression that all of those persons having anything positive to write about this vaccine (i.e., pushing for mandatory vaxxes, how safe and effective it is) should now be rethinking their feeble attempts to denigrate those that were speaking out against the vaccine. You cannot vaccinate against respiratory illness. It is a fool's errand.
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: President Joe Biden
« Last post by Lord Dave on April 03, 2024, 06:26:57 AM »
Know what probably happened?  Automated messages.  Likely setup in advance to send out a pre-made message on that day every year Biden is in office.