Recent Posts

Flat Earth Investigations / Trying to measure gravity, need help
« Last post by TomFoolery on Today at 05:47:08 PM »
So the other day someone suggested measuring gravity in the horizontal plane, so I've been trying to do just that.
It's a lot trickier than one might imagine  ;D

Anyway, I set up a freely rotating assembly as follows:

I have two pint water bottles attached to a yard long flat wood slat, one at each end.
I have this balanced on a plastic bowl which is floating in a pot of water.
I have a small magnet in center of the bottom of the bowl and under the center of the pot to keep it centered.

It forms a very very low friction bearing, at least at low speeds.
As you'd expect, I do not see any indication of gravity, but I cannot get the thing to settle!

I started it with a clockwise spin last night when I started the camera.
It promptly reversed to a counter clockwise spin, and continued to spin counter clockwise untill 4:46AM this morning, then it reverse and went clockwise again!
Then at 7:05AM, it again reversed back to counter clockwise.
and then was rather disturbed after that since I was up and walking around and stuff.

The forced air is off. No fans were blowing in the area. No heaters were on.
During the night, nobody was  up, the house was quiet.

What explains how this thing just keeps spinning!?

Maybe it's Tom Bishop's upward acceleration force is spinning it?  ;D

I guess I need to  wall this thing in with painter's drop cloth to try stopping off any airflow that may be spinning this thing.

Edited to fix typo.
Edited added photo.
Flat Earth Investigations / Re: Magnetic Field
« Last post by TomFoolery on Today at 04:37:09 PM »
Kinda busy with kids but here is my quick reply.

Imagine that your homogeneous magnet was just a bunch of bar magnets. (Just for illustrative purposes). The positions of the south poles are positioned around the circumference and this is what YOU are referring to as radially oriented. But oriented and positioned are not the same thing. In your example, the positions are radial but the orientation is such that your "bar magnets" are standing on end. That gives it an axial orientation of the magnetic field lines.

If you wanted a true radial ORIENTATION, you would lay the bar magnets on their side. Do you understand the difference?

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

I certainly understand your description of the difference between radial and axial. In fact, I've known the difference between radial and axial for this entire discussion  ;D

If you're saying my wax magnet simply an axial magnet, then you're mistaken.

Near the surface the orientation is almost entirely radial. As you get deeper into it, the angle begins to curve a bit as shown in my sketch.

If you're saying that my magnet is not an exact 100% totally perfect radial magnet, OK fine the orientation is not exactly a perfectly aligned 100% radial orientation.

But if you're saying it's closer to axial than to radial, then I'm going to 100% disagree.

It is much much closer to radial than axial. The top mm or so *is* pert near exactly radial. With increasing depth, the deviation from exactly radial  increases, but not toward axial but rather double conical or toroidal  -- but not even close to axial!

I have one yes/no question for you:

If I took a million pie-slice shaped N-S bar magnets that were tapered just right to make a million slice pie, and sintered them to form a little pie with all the N poles in the center, would that be a radially oriented disk magnet then?

Flat Earth Investigations / Re: Calling for the best proofs of flat earth
« Last post by markjo on Today at 04:14:47 PM »
Q: Is there a way we could actually measure the difference between  gravity's effects on a falling mass and a UA earth?
According to the Equivalence Principle that Tom likes to trot out, no.  Acceleration and gravity are indistinguishable.  That is, of course, assuming that we're discussing a uniform gravitational field.  However, since the earth does not have a uniform gravitational field, the EP does not apply.
Flat Earth Theory / Re: Water spinning phenomenon
« Last post by TomFoolery on Today at 04:01:43 PM »
Maybe he did mention the experiment. I personally haven't been able to find a reference of the $20k RLG experiments other than what's in the documentary.  If you have the link please share it. I would like to see how he explains himself.

Watch from 32:17 in this video to see Bob spinning the results of his gyroscope faux pas:

The part that follows that is interesting also, where he gets called out for lying about his piloting and engineering credentials, and quickly removes the claims from his websites.

Hmm interesting.

The odd thing is, I remember like a decade ago, before I even heard of flat earth, I remember reading about the ring laser gyro and how it measured the earth's rotation and even sidereal rotation. I would have thought Bob would have read that and not been so surprised.

But it really sounds like Bob doesn't understand that a gyro doesn't measure linear velocity - he kept referring to miles per hour.
A gyro by its very core construction measures rotation, not velocity.
Does he really not know that globers claim that the earth is rotating fast while all the other claimed rotations (earth around sun, sun around whatever) are very very slow?

This is all very odd.
Flat Earth Investigations / Re: Magnetic Field
« Last post by WellRoundedIndividual on Today at 03:37:28 PM »
Kinda busy with kids but here is my quick reply.

Imagine that your homogeneous magnet was just a bunch of bar magnets. (Just for illustrative purposes). The positions of the south poles are positioned around the circumference and this is what YOU are referring to as radially oriented. But oriented and positioned are not the same thing. In your example, the positions are radial but the orientation is such that your "bar magnets" are standing on end. That gives it an axial orientation of the magnetic field lines.

If you wanted a true radial ORIENTATION, you would lay the bar magnets on their side. Do you understand the difference?

Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Trump
« Last post by Lord Dave on Today at 12:25:15 PM »
My understanding is that presidential national emergencies have to be re-upped, so to speak, yearly. As in when one is declared it has a year life span and then expires unless it is ok'd again. So if Obama has 11 still in effect, they have all been re-upped by DJT.

Yep.
« Last post by stack on Today at 07:12:59 AM »
Maybe he did mention the experiment. I personally haven't been able to find a reference of the $20k RLG experiments other than what's in the documentary.  If you have the link please share it. I would like to see how he explains himself.

Watch from in this video to see Bob spinning the results of his gyroscope faux pas:

The part that follows that is interesting also, where he gets called out for lying about his piloting and engineering credentials, and quickly removes the claims from his websites.

Thanks Max. This is just what I was looking for: Mr.Knodel specifically addressing the $20k gyro experiments. He starts talking about it in earnest at 37:28. And goes on about how it's super precise, they got 15 degrees per hour but...insert word salad...then yeah we got 15 degrees per hour but....etc.

I read somewhere that it was thought the RLG (aka Fiber Optic Gyro) purchase came through fecore.org, Mr. Knodel being on the board there. But I can't find any reference to the RLG experiments there either except for in the projects/test results section there is one for Mechanical Gyroscopes. Though it is shown as "pending".
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Trump
« Last post by stack on Today at 06:32:17 AM »
My understanding is that presidential national emergencies have to be re-upped, so to speak, yearly. As in when one is declared it has a year life span and then expires unless it is ok'd again. So if Obama has 11 still in effect, they have all been re-upped by DJT.
« Last post by Max_Almond on Today at 06:31:45 AM »

Watch from 32:17 in this video to see Bob spinning the results of his gyroscope faux pas:

« Last post by TomFoolery on Today at 06:14:31 AM »
As to Zero Gauss chamber and whether it would block aether flow, I don't know. Something we'd have to hear from Mr Knodel as to why he thought it a good idea or using a Bismuth chamber as well.

Bismuth is repelled by magnetic field, slightly.