Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #200 on: March 15, 2014, 03:48:38 PM »

Truly an expert review and commentary.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #201 on: March 15, 2014, 04:04:19 PM »
That video makes the graphics look hideously bad.  I don't know if it's a YouTube thing or what to dull down the graphics, but it looks much better on my TV.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 15, 2014, 04:18:47 PM »
OH GOD ORNSTEIN WHY ARE YOU IN THIS GAME

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 15, 2014, 05:50:47 PM »
Yet another game being released for PC after the console release. I guess they want to make sure the glorious PC gamers don't hurt the fragile morale of console peasants.

Ghost of V

« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2014, 05:58:28 PM »
Have to keep those PC gamers in check.

They probably do this because it doesn't affect their sales at all but makes their PR skyrocket. No (intelligent) person buys a console for its graphics, so in the end no one says "Dark Souls looks like shit, I won't buy it."

Probably, but people should see it for what it is: bait and switch.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 07:40:44 PM by Ghost of V »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 16, 2014, 03:53:54 AM »
Probably, but people should see it for what it is: bait and switch.

Even if they do see, they'll still buy the game. Gamers are the first to complain and the last to do anything about it. I can't say anything of course, I've bought games that I hated on before, during and after playing (see: Simcity 2013). In the end companies only change what they do if it significantly damages their bottom line and it never does.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #206 on: March 16, 2014, 04:28:26 PM »
How are you equipped, bro?  I've got the full falconer set +2, a longsword +3, and a large leather shield.  The shield seems kind of wimpy, but if there's a better one, I haven't found it yet.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 16, 2014, 04:53:13 PM »
I'm wearing the wanderer set (unupgraded because lol defense), a long sword +4 in the right hand and an estoc +4 in the left hand. That combo has such great synergy.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #208 on: March 16, 2014, 05:53:54 PM »
Defense is important.  You're not going to be able to dodge every blow.

Also, why is there no "Well! What is it!" gesture?

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 16, 2014, 05:56:00 PM »
Defense is important.  You're not going to be able to dodge every blow.

Oh, then why am I doing better than you?

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #210 on: March 16, 2014, 06:02:10 PM »
Irrelevant.  You would be doing better than you are now if you improved your defense.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2014, 06:25:00 PM »
Unlikely. If I upgraded my defense, that would either mean I spent my precious titanite on upgrading my armour instead of my weapons, or I equipped heavier armour and thus lost agility.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 06:37:07 PM by Blanko »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 16, 2014, 06:55:11 PM »
If watching speed run videos are any indicator, the best strategy is to wear no armor at all. It is also how you know that the game was poorly designed. Out of all the armor choices the best armor is... none of them.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2014, 06:56:15 PM »
If watching speed run videos are any indicator, the best strategy is to wear no armor at all. It is also how you know that the game was poorly designed. Out of all the armor choices the best armor is... none of them.

Yeah, speedruns are a great indicator of how well a game is designed.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2014, 06:57:07 PM »
I was invaded by a kind gentleman who dropped a chaos shortsword +5 and a twin humanities.
I thought he was going to rape me so I jumped at him as soon as he got close but he stepped back and stopped moving, so I watched him for about 10 seconds with my shield up when he just stood there. Suddenly he dropped the sword and moved away from it. I just walked over and took it, then he dropped the humanities, waved at me and disappeared. What a weird invasion.
I suck at this game, and I'm currently being raped by Gargoyles, but I probably wouldn't have come this far without that sword.
The Mastery.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2014, 07:02:43 PM »
I was invaded by a kind gentleman who dropped a chaos shortsword +5 and a twin humanities.
I thought he was going to rape me so I jumped at him as soon as he got close but he stepped back and stopped moving, so I watched him for about 10 seconds with my shield up when he just stood there. Suddenly he dropped the sword and moved away from it. I just walked over and took it, then he dropped the humanities, waved at me and disappeared. What a weird invasion.
I suck at this game, and I'm currently being raped by Gargoyles, but I probably wouldn't have come this far without that sword.

Wow. Wouldn't that sword pretty much two-shot the gargoyles?

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2014, 07:08:45 PM »
If I could get close enough, maybe.
The Mastery.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2014, 07:15:44 PM »
The invader was a divine messenger, bearing a gift for beardo from the gods of gaming, who in their infinite mercy had taken pity on him.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2014, 07:20:55 PM »
the gods of casuals

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 16, 2014, 07:22:25 PM »
Just a couple of minutes later, I was invaded by someone else, but I was able to vanquish him with my new sword. I wonder what that felt like.
The Mastery.