Checking the reaction of the public
« on: April 27, 2017, 05:58:11 PM »
Hello guys.
I found this is now huge all over the internet http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/03/29/plans-unveiled-incredible-skyscraper-hangs-orbitingasteroid/ . Title : Plans unveiled for incredible skyscraper that hangs from orbiting asteroid
The reason I believe they come up with such non sense is to test the public's reaction. To see if they have been brainwasged enough to not say anything in regards to this matter and if so, they can roll their upcoming agenda.. if not there is still work for them to do.
Your opinion guys ?

Re: Checking the reaction of the public
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 06:09:25 PM »
As a round earther (whatever) I fail to see how this is even remotely possible.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 06:19:38 PM »
considering the date, I'm gonna guess it was an early joke.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 04:29:42 PM »
"The concept art suggest residents would parachute from the building"
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 07:42:11 PM »
Calling this concept art is a stretch. This is no more concept art than Star Trek is. Here's just a few things wrong:

1. The atmospheric drag on this thing would be so much that even a large asteroid would be dragged into the Earth's gravity well.
2. Ignoring #1; No known material is capable of making a cable strong enough to tether that thing to an asteroid.
3. Ignoring basically everything we know about engineering, the economic concept is ridiculous. Property values will never be so high than it's cheaper to hang a skyscraper from orbit and parachute down than it is to build a really tall skyscraper already attached to the ground.

This is not a "public reaction test" this is an artist who drew something for a science fantasy world then decided to tell a journalist it's concept art.