Offline Dervex

• View Profile
Round earth definitive PROOF
« on: March 23, 2017, 03:53:04 AM »
This should end the debate once and for all.

The global flyer. (record holding plane for a trip around the world without landing)

Proof the earth is round:
1. The global flyer landed facing the same direction it took off.
    a. It did not turn around in the air at any point in its trip to face back the way it came.
    b. It's entire flight was closely logged.
    c. Unless some sort of warp was utilized, nothing else explains why flying one direction would let the plane return to the same runway it took off from.
    d. It is in the guinness world records and they fact check and verify their records.

You are welcome.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: Round earth definitive PROOF
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 05:23:43 AM »
Because nobody in history ever thought of using a flight around the world as proof of a round Earth before.  ::)
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Dervex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 11:24:59 AM »
Wow, thanks for confirming. I am honored to be the first. The global flyer is an especially good example to make the debunking all the easier. With the attention on it, no stops, landings, or turning around, that says it all unless warp zones are a popular defense.

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 12:53:11 PM »
I trust you knew Roundy was being sarcastic and responded in kind. I'm not sure if you know this but at least one of the FE models has the North Pole as the center of the earth while the "South Pole" is a very long ice wall around the outside circumference. When you travel east you go around as though you were on a dinner plate, and eventually end where you started. This does involve making left-hand adjustments but given the large radius (In most cases - and if you were travelling east very near the North Pole on a globe you would also have to start making left-handed adjustments ) it would be no more noticeable than the pitch changes that are necessary to circumnavigate this globe shaped earth of ours. As far as I can tell, proponents of this theory are convinced no one has ever flown over the South Pole.
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Dervex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 09:53:34 PM »
So some have tried to discount the around the world trips by saying ice walls would stop them and that's the reason why the trips wouldn't go around the earth? That's like saying I was going to start eating healthy but invisible martians kept tainting the healthy food. It is still visible, right in front of me, but you all just have to trust its just tainted now. because of those INVISIBLE martians.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 08:53:10 PM »
So some have tried to discount the around the world trips by saying ice walls would stop them and that's the reason why the trips wouldn't go around the earth?

No, you seem to have missed the point entirely.  I actually heard the "whoosh" sound when it went over your head, no lie.  Perhaps debating the shape of the Earth is too difficult for you.  Get through middle school kid, then we'll talk.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 09:46:50 PM »
    a. It did not turn around in the air at any point in its trip to face back the way it came.
Fascinating. So, assuming a Round Earth, and assuming your assertion is true, the global flyer just kind of flew off the Earth and into outer space, never to be seen again.

I have a feeling, just a hunch, that this would contradict GBR's records.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Ptolemy

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 09:14:05 AM »
Ask the Global flier what he saw as he flew over the South Pole?

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 10:10:50 AM »
Fascinating. So, assuming a Round Earth, and assuming your assertion is true, the global flyer just kind of flew off the Earth and into outer space, never to be seen again.

I have a feeling, just a hunch, that this would contradict GBR's records.
The "flying into space" argument is a non-point though, since jet turbines doesn't work without oxygen and wings doesn't generate lift in thin atmosphere.

Sendt fra min Nexus 6P med Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 12:10:51 PM by andruszkow »
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 04:54:49 PM »
Urm. Dont prove anything?