Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2015, 12:11:01 AM »
Oh, right, I forgot they're doing a freebie week for PAX East.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/paxeast-2015

code: PAXEASTFREEFLY2K15

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2015, 02:03:06 AM »
So which is objectively better for flying around and doing sick barrel rolls, Elite: Dangerous or Star Citizen?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2015, 02:12:33 AM »
So which is objectively better for flying around and doing sick barrel rolls, Elite: Dangerous or Star Citizen?

Star Citizen, since E:D nerfs the hell out of thruster navigation. You can do barrel rolls so fast in Star Citizen you pass out. No, seriously. It has black-out G forces.

« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2015, 02:28:30 AM »
Hey cool, do I get the game for free with the PAX thingo? I'll see how I go when I get home.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2015, 02:39:52 AM »

Star Citizen, since E:D nerfs the hell out of thruster navigation. You can do barrel rolls so fast in Star Citizen you pass out. No, seriously. It has black-out G forces.

Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2015, 02:45:06 AM »

404 - Not found.

Oh my god the lawlz.

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2015, 02:46:47 AM »
Wait, what? In E:D you turn so hard the game just throws up a prompt saying you lost consciousness? That's not how it works at all.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2015, 02:49:32 AM »

Really old video, looks a bit better now, but this is the idea.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2015, 02:57:24 AM »
Wait, what? In E:D you turn so hard the game just throws up a prompt saying you lost consciousness? That's not how it works at all.

That's from a pretty old build of the game. I'm actually not sure how it works now.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2015, 03:03:25 AM »
You see, PP2 was so devastated by the lack of content he completely stopped playing the game, presumably to pick it up in a year hoping it will actually have something interesting to do.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2015, 03:29:25 AM »
Here is some rough footage of the event at PAX East (they'll upload official footage that is HD on Tuesday). Yes, it is a blatant rip-off of Ender's game. Yes, they readily admit to it. No, they don't care, it looks fun.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2015, 08:05:32 AM »

Are those stars flying directly by your ship?
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2015, 09:33:33 AM »
Are those stars flying directly by your ship?

Yep. Space schlock.

Anyway, I signed up and downloaded the installer. Can't log in or use my account because I haven't activated it, never got any email, and there doesn't appear to be an option to resend. GG Star Citizen.

edit: half an hour later..
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 09:47:49 AM by Vindictus »

Ghost of V

« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2015, 04:48:19 PM »
Did you check your junk/spam folder?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2015, 05:30:06 PM »
Anyway, I signed up and downloaded the installer. Can't log in or use my account because I haven't activated it, never got any email, and there doesn't appear to be an option to resend. GG Star Citizen.

edit: half an hour later..

Their system is probably lagging because of all the extra people signing up for the free play.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2015, 02:50:09 AM »

A trailer with some very new clips of the FPS and planetside modules getting closer to completion. I don't like that the trailer implies this is a "right now" thing, though. So many people come to the site and get disappointed when they find out most of that content is still months to years away. FPS should be next month, though.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2015, 07:02:58 PM »

Just posting this here so I can check back in a few months and see all the dates they completely missed.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2015, 08:02:05 PM »
So Star Citizen is now at version 1.1. Not Arena Commander, Star Citizen. I guess it's done!

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2015, 09:38:29 PM »
So Star Citizen is now at version 1.1. Not Arena Commander, Star Citizen. I guess it's done!

Ugh, yes, the community has already given them plenty of suggestions about this, or at least naming it "Star Citizen Alpha" but they didn't really seem to care. They seem to be thinking in terms of the future versus now, as if they wanted to name it that so they don't have to bother changing it later. In fact, they did the same thing with the rental credit system. The rental credit system had people crying "pay to win" because, well, it is. You can only rent ships for so long, the only way to buy them is to use real monies. This confused the devs, apparently, who justified it by saying they "don't want people playing [Arena Commander] all the time when the persistent universe is released." Which does make sense in the end, but gave people a bad taste in their mouth because it doesn't make sense right now.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2015, 04:58:38 AM »