Saddam Hussein

Re: First Look at Ben Affleck's Batman
« Reply #220 on: June 09, 2015, 04:35:14 PM »
http://collider.com/batman-vs-superman-synopsis-revealed/

Fearing the actions of a god-like super hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

Batman goes picking a fight with Superman?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 03:59:36 PM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 09, 2015, 05:29:53 PM »
Why wouldn't he? He's the god damn Batman.
The Mastery.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 29, 2015, 10:38:02 PM »
http://collider.com/batman-vs-superman-synopsis-revealed/

Fearing the actions of a god-like super hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

Batman goes picking a fight with Superman?

That actually makes sense.
Batman knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men.  He knows damn well superman can be corrupted or manipulated and would take measures to stop him before he gets to that point.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 29, 2015, 10:54:52 PM »
Batman can beat Superman.
The Mastery.

Rama Set

« Reply #224 on: June 29, 2015, 11:51:11 PM »
Batman can beat Superman.

Maybe beat him off.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 30, 2015, 10:11:49 PM »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 30, 2015, 10:51:11 PM »
Pervert
The Mastery.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #227 on: July 04, 2015, 03:18:33 PM »
http://www.ew.com/gallery/batman-v-superman-dawn-justice-first-look-photos

Nice fucking hair, Lex.  I hope that's a wig within the context of the movie, and they're not going to tell some dumb "and this is how Luthor lost his hair!" story.  Also:

For his climactic rooftop brawl with Superman, Batman outfits himself with a reinforced mech-suit equipped with strength-augmenting armor and, yes, kryptonite.

I guess Batman can beat Superman.  BUT WILL HE?!

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 04, 2015, 11:07:39 PM »
He will rape him with a kryptonite dildo
The Mastery.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #229 on: July 05, 2015, 11:39:55 PM »

Nonsense.  Batman wouldn't do such a thing.  Also:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/02/man-steel-ending...-zack-snyder-makes-his-case

Quote from: Zack Snyder
I was surprised because that's the thesis of Superman for me, that you can't just have superheroes knock around and have there be no consequences...[T]here are other superhero movies where they joke about how basically no one's getting hurt. That's not us. What is that message? That it's okay that there's this massive destruction with zero consequence for anyone?

The thesis of Superman is the harsh toll of superhero activity on civilians?  Uh, okay.  And if they were really trying to send a message with all that carnage and Superman's role in it, then I'm very surprised that they decided to wait until the next movie to actually address it.  Was focusing on Superman's anguish over killing Zod really that much more important?

Rama Set

« Reply #230 on: July 06, 2015, 12:20:53 AM »

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/02/man-steel-ending...-zack-snyder-makes-his-case

I was surprised because that's the thesis of Superman for me, that you can't just have superheroes knock around and have there be no consequences...[T]here are other superhero movies where they joke about how basically no one's getting hurt. That's not us. What is that message? That it's okay that there's this massive destruction with zero consequence for anyone?

The thesis of Superman is the harsh toll of superhero activity on civilians?  Uh, okay.  And if they were really trying to send a message with all that carnage and Superman's role in it, then I'm very surprised that they decided to wait until the next movie to actually address it.  Was focusing on Superman's anguish over killing Zod really that much more important?

Yes. Superman's aversion to taking a life is central to his ethics and addressing the destruction of Metropolis in the last five to ten minutes of the film would have been doing s disservice by rushing it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 06, 2015, 07:38:15 PM »

Yes. Superman's aversion to taking a life is central to his ethics and addressing the destruction of Metropolis in the last five to ten minutes of the film would have been doing s disservice by rushing it.
Superman kills one guy who was going to (pointlessly) kill a family in a corner (who could have escaped) is obviously worse than Superman's actions and mere existence killing hundreds of thousands during the metropolis fight.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #232 on: July 10, 2015, 09:36:41 PM »
You think Zod was going to stop there?  Considering this is in the context of B v S following up on the consequences of Superman's actions the rest of your comment seems irrelevant. 

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #233 on: July 11, 2015, 10:13:45 PM »
I'm still pretty skeptical that Snyder was always intending to explore the consequences of Superman's wake of destruction in a follow-up film, as opposed to him only deciding on it in response to the massive backlash, but I suppose a late saving throw is better than none at all.  Anyway, we now have a new trailer, and it's much better than the first:

Darkness!  Brooding!  Superman and Batman fighting!  Wonder Woman!  Lex Luthor!  Those weird Superman soldiers again!  More awful parenting from the Kents!  The Waynes being murdered, because apparently every new continuity of Batman needs to show that at least once!

« Reply #234 on: July 11, 2015, 11:15:45 PM »
Good trailer. Although, MoS also had a good trailer and it ended up sucking. I'm also getting the feeling that there's way too many characters in this movie, and that's going to be one major criticism.

Rama Set

« Reply #235 on: July 12, 2015, 12:11:14 AM »
I'm still pretty skeptical that Snyder was always intending to explore the consequences of Superman's wake of destruction in a follow-up film, as opposed to him only deciding on it in response to the massive backlash, but I suppose a late saving throw is better than none at all.  Anyway, we now have a new trailer, and it's much better than the first:

Darkness!  Brooding!  Superman and Batman fighting!  Wonder Woman!  Lex Luthor!  Those weird Superman soldiers again!  More awful parenting from the Kents!  The Waynes being murdered, because apparently every new continuity of Batman needs to show that at least once!

So you think he shot the courtroom scene in response to fanboy backlash?

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #236 on: July 12, 2015, 01:24:42 AM »
Not just the courtroom scene, but the fact that a large source of the film's conflict seems to be Superman's role in the chaos of the last one.

Rama Set

« Reply #237 on: July 12, 2015, 03:22:17 AM »
Not just the courtroom scene, but the fact that a large source of the film's conflict seems to be Superman's role in the chaos of the last one.

but you think it is a logical consequence of the action of MoS. why won't your grant that ZS came to the same conclusion?  Christopher Nolan is lurking nearby and he is also fairly smart. I feel like you are getting wound up in your own bias against this franchise.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 12, 2015, 09:41:32 AM »
Of course he is. Saddam needs things to hate on in order to live. It's his fuel.
The Mastery.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 12, 2015, 08:15:28 PM »
More awful parenting from the Kents!
Kent**
And what did she say that came off as bad parenting?
The Waynes being murdered, because apparently every new continuity of Batman needs to show that at least once!
Yeah, this is the only thing I will agree with. We know how his parents died already!