Offline Bobby Shafto

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv72TaxoaafQr8WD
    • View Profile
    • Bobby Shafto YouTube Channel
Flat Earth Model
« on: August 25, 2018, 02:14:05 AM »
This may very well be the best flat earth model in existence, even if it was written by a globe earth proponent.

It certainly can't address all of the variations of the flat earth (esp. JRowe's DET), but what I thought might be most fascinating is its "light bending" parameter that can be used to match some observations with the mechanics of a potential flat earth (with a dome). He says that there is no scientific explanation for the light bending, but Electromagnetic Accelerator Theory posited by the Flat Earth Society might be model-able with this tool. You just have to tinker with the inputs to get the light to curve the way EAT hypothesizes.

Read the conclusion and the purpose to understand why he created this model, but despite his motives, I think it finally presents a workable model that has been lacking in the FE library of tools and illustrations. I'd be very interested to hear FE critiques:

http://walter.bislins.ch/bloge/index.asp?page=Flat+Earth+Dome+Model

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
Re: Flat Earth Model
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 04:41:10 PM »
This may very well be the best flat earth model in existence, even if it was written by a globe earth proponent.

It certainly can't address all of the variations of the flat earth (esp. JRowe's DET), but what I thought might be most fascinating is its "light bending" parameter that can be used to match some observations with the mechanics of a potential flat earth (with a dome). He says that there is no scientific explanation for the light bending, but Electromagnetic Accelerator Theory posited by the Flat Earth Society might be model-able with this tool. You just have to tinker with the inputs to get the light to curve the way EAT hypothesizes.

Read the conclusion and the purpose to understand why he created this model, but despite his motives, I think it finally presents a workable model that has been lacking in the FE library of tools and illustrations. I'd be very interested to hear FE critiques:

http://walter.bislins.ch/bloge/index.asp?page=Flat+Earth+Dome+Model

Fascinating.   It would be awesome if someone from the other side would pick this project up and carry it forward.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 05:08:45 PM »
Good find. This is the exact sort of thing i was expecting when I joined this place.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2018, 05:53:21 PM »
Wow!

Excellent mechanics. Leave it to a Globehead to do real FE science.

If they could just get past that annoying issue with the existence of the South Pole.

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 10:26:28 PM »
It is a very clever computer model, but it doesn't actually represent FET.

The firmament itself is responsible for reflection of light (like a reflecting window) which is why we get sun dogs and how the south pole can have 24 hours of light.

Most annoyingly, he has allowed you to change the height of the dome, but not the altitudes of the sun and moon independantly. He's got them up really high. Rowbotham had the sun at just 800 miles. I can't get them down that low. And they shouldn't touch the firmament. They aren't stuck to it.

But its his model and its very impressive from a programming standpoint.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 12:01:42 AM »
Most annoyingly, he has allowed you to change the height of the dome, but not the altitudes of the sun and moon independantly. He's got them up really high. Rowbotham had the sun at just 800 miles. I can't get them down that low. And they shouldn't touch the firmament. They aren't stuck to it.

He kind of addresses this in the comments:

"Sun inside or outside the Dome (Wabis to Dave)

It is not relevant for this model whether the sun is inside or outside of the dome. The dome shown in this model is simply a visual grid to show the locations of the sun and moon. You can imagine the real dome to be farther out if you wish. That does not change anything."

Offline Bad Puppy

• Belief does not make something a theory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 11:08:18 AM »
It is a very clever computer model, but it doesn't actually represent FET.

The firmament itself is responsible for reflection of light (like a reflecting window) which is why we get sun dogs and how the south pole can have 24 hours of light.

But its his model and its very impressive from a programming standpoint.

24 hrs of light on the south pole, eh?  Please enlighten me with evidence of such reflection that could explain this.  No magic.  Explain the position of the sun throughout the day and how it reflects only on the south pole for 24 hours for weeks, but never at any other time of the year.  On which flat earth model does this reflection occur?

This conveniently ignored thread.
https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=10546.0

Can you predict when it will occur in 2018 using flat earth "science"?  (No peeking at round earth answers.  That's cheating.)
Quote from: Tom Bishop
...circles do not exist and pi is not 3.14159...

Quote from: totallackey
Do you have any evidence of reality?

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 11:14:52 AM »
It is a bit off topic but you get the 24 hour sunlight due to reflected light hitting the 'glass' of the firmament and bouncing back towards you.

That's how you get the corridor of light near the edge.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 11:22:02 AM by Baby Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Bad Puppy

• Belief does not make something a theory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 11:35:41 AM »
It is a bit off topic but you get the 24 hour sunlight due to reflected light hitting the 'glass' of the firmament and bouncing back towards you.

Thanks for the beautiful photo.  I love sun dogs.  They have a scientific explanation, too.  Anyways, there's a thread for that that died two years ago.  I don't want a couple of dogs to derail this one.
https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=4704.0
Quote from: Tom Bishop
...circles do not exist and pi is not 3.14159...

Quote from: totallackey
Do you have any evidence of reality?

Offline Bobby Shafto

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv72TaxoaafQr8WD
    • View Profile
    • Bobby Shafto YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2018, 01:54:17 AM »
You just have to tinker with the inputs to get the light to curve the way EAT hypothesizes

Unfortunately for EAT, light in this model must also bend horizontally in addition to vertically. EAT only describes vertical light bending.