Offline Blart

• View Profile
Northern hemisphere Stars vs Southern hemisphere stars
« on: August 06, 2017, 09:55:08 PM »
Hi,
Could someone well versed in current flat earth theory please explain to me the rotation of stars across the night sky.

I have watched the night sky from Northern hemisphere/Equatorial/Southern Hemisphere stars and they all travel across the sky the same distance apart from each other every night.. How does Flat Earth theory explain the rotational opposite direction between Northern Hemispheres and Southern hemispheres?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 11:36:27 PM by Blart »

Offline ErnestV1

• After digging into FE WIKI, still a RE believer
    • View Profile
Re: Northern hemisphere Stars vs Southern hemisphere stars
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 05:06:30 AM »
Hi,
Could someone well versed in current flat earth theory please explain to me the rotation of stars across the night sky.

I have watched the night sky from Northern hemisphere/Equatorial/Southern Hemisphere stars and they all travel across the sky the same distance apart from each other every night.. How does Flat Earth theory explain the rotational opposite direction between Northern Hemispheres and Southern hemispheres?

The wiki says everything in the cosmos revolves around a 'barycenter' http://wiki.tfes.org/Stars
Some here talk about celestial gears. It is confusing.
I love how the sun shines on the bottom of the clouds and sunrise and sunset!

We may disagree on many things, but I will always try to respect everyone and thereby reflect the love of Christ.

Offline Blart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 02:52:17 PM »
That article does not address my question. All that article addresses is a possible theory as to why stars rotate.. Theres nothing there about differece between hemispheres.

If im at the North pole looking up the stars will rotate clockwise. If im at the South pole (or Southern Hemisphere to keep everyone happy) looking up the stars will rotate anti clockwise and the stars position is fixed against each other throughout the whole night. How does FE theory explain this?

PS:
Im not here to bash FE at all. Just would like to know how these things are addressed in FE theory.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 02:57:26 PM by Blart »

Hmmm

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 12:13:36 AM »
Blart, the stars could be technological metallic spheres flying/orbiting around.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 06:15:18 PM »
Blart, the stars could be technological metallic spheres flying/orbiting around.

Or they could be huge spheres of hydrogen, so large that gravity creates a fusion reaction so bright we can see them from trillions of miles away.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?