Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #660 on: February 13, 2017, 07:41:12 PM »
So you think.
About California not having a budget deficit since 2011?

So god damn funny seeing people so irrationally angry and butthurt that they are literally begging for a Presidential assassination. What's scary though, is that the "left" is so fucking delusional and brainwashed it might actually happen. Strange how no radical White supremacy group took out Obama, even though they are constantly portrayed as the most violent and heavily armed group in America.

I am so glad you have no say what happens over here.
Oh you misunderstand.  I don't want him assassinated.  God knows we don't need that guy as a martyr.  But I am pointing out that he's ignoring security for his luxuries.  I mean, the right crucified Obama for every golf outing yet Mr. Trump took a vacation with golfing in less than a month.  And to a place that's about as insecure as you can get.  Hell, knowing he goes there, if I got $200,000 I could become a member, meet him, and blow him up.  And so could every single terrorist from here to China.  And being near the waterfront well... anyone with a boat could just go from Syria to Florida, avoid any and all security, and just "boom".  Easy.

Also, need I remind you of guy who actually went into comet pizza with a gun?

Also...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_threats_against_Barack_Obama

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #661 on: February 13, 2017, 08:02:40 PM »

Oh, you mean the false flag perpetrated by the guy who is the son of someone who works for the organization in Haiti that is suspected of being implicit in child human trafficking that managed to literally only shoot one shot that coincidentally completely destroyed one of the hard drives on the property and thrusting the whole spectre of Fake News onto the general population?

« Reply #662 on: February 13, 2017, 08:28:01 PM »
I understand that there are pros and cons to the EC. But it certainly does not represent the general populace more accurately than a straight popular vote.
That's your opinion, if you want to elaborate how allowing only the major metropolitan areas decide the President is more representative than what we have now please do.

Depends on what you mean by "represents the general populace". A simple definition would be, given two possible results/candidates, the result that is favored by the majority of voters. By this definition, obviously a popular vote is going to be best. The electoral college allows for the possibility that the popular candidate doesn't win the election by giving increased weight to voters in low population states, gerrymandering, and winner-takes-all in voting districts.

There are other criteria that you could judge what best "represents the general populace", but I don't know of any good criteria that favors an electoral college.

Here is a great introduction to various voting systems by CGP Grey.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 13, 2017, 09:24:13 PM »
who is the son of someone who works for the organization in Haiti that is suspected of being implicit in child human trafficking

Citation needed.

that managed to literally only shoot one shot

Citation needed.

that coincidentally completely destroyed one of the hard drives on the property

Citation needed. I've read that one of the (several) bullets he fired happened to hit a computer.

and thrusting the whole spectre of Fake News onto the general population?

Fake news was something being discussed by the media long before this happened. We even talked about it right here on FES.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 13, 2017, 10:19:24 PM »

Oh, you mean the false flag perpetrated by the guy who is the son of someone who works for the organization in Haiti that is suspected of being implicit in child human trafficking that
Citation needed.

managed to literally only shoot one shot
It was 4 shots.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Man-With-Assault-Rifle-Arrested-at-Comet-Ping-Pong-in-NW-DC-404634716.html

that coincidentally completely destroyed one of the hard drives
Citation needed.  Also.. LOL!  It destroyed the Hard drive.  lol. 
Could a bullet shoot a hard drive?  Yep!
Could it destroy it so beyond repair that all the data is lost?
Not one.  Not unless it was a sniper round or something armor piercing.  And even then, unlikely.  While the drive is likely your typical HDD with platters, the platters are encased in a metal shell, which is inside a computer case that is both metal and plastic, depending on the model and brand.

AIMING for the HDD would require knowing exactly where it is.  And one bullet probably wouldn't be enough.  Might shatter a platter or get stuck but not enough to make all of the data unrecoverable.  Some, sure, but not all of it.  (And by unrecoverable I mean using forensic tools, not just plugging it in and looking at it.)

So that's a video of a guy shooting a hard drive with his AR-15 which is an assault rifle.  Dunno what the shooter had but he is reported to have had an assault rifle so we'll go with a common one.
And if you'll note the bullets went through without doing more than just a hole worth of damage.  Data is recoverable.  Especially if he shot it only once.

So that's just as believable as Comet Pizza having a basement full of children being molested.

on the property and thrusting the whole spectre of Fake News onto the general population?
It existed long before that.  Or did those rumors circulate AFTER the guy came down to the pizza place after reading the rumors...
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #665 on: February 14, 2017, 02:46:58 AM »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

« Reply #666 on: February 14, 2017, 03:51:01 AM »

You don't understand. Obama played golf because he was lazy and doesn't care about America. When Trump plays golf, he is also taking care of business. Like making deals with Japan's PM. And promoting his golf courses.

« Reply #667 on: February 14, 2017, 05:32:32 AM »
Michael Flynn just resigned over the Russia stuff. And according to the Washington Post, the Trump administration was informed of Flynn lying.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 14, 2017, 05:40:36 AM »
Michael Flynn just resigned over the Russia stuff. And according to the Washington Post, the Trump administration was informed of Flynn lying.

Obviously fake news.

Notice fox never says anything bad about Trump.  Clearly everyone but them are fake news.

« Reply #669 on: February 14, 2017, 07:16:14 AM »

drip... drip...

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 14, 2017, 09:49:47 AM »

This Trump... He is not sending over his best people to the cabinet.  He's sending over Russian spies, he's sending over creationists.  And a few of them are good people I assume.  We need to shut down immigration to the White House until we can figure out what's going on.  I think American's need extreme vetting now more than ever.

« Reply #671 on: February 14, 2017, 03:49:01 PM »
i'm not well-read on all the details of the flynn thing, but assuming i'm not missing something major, i actually don't really get why him talking to russia about sanctions is such a big deal.  i get that he technically was a private citizen when he had those conversations, but c'mon, he was a member of the president-elect's national security team.  we should want incoming governments to be in contact with foreign leaders to communicate their intentions and signal upcoming policy changes.  predictability in foreign affairs is a good thing.

if he lied to folks about it, then that's obviously fucked up, but i dunno what he told to whom.

You don't understand. Obama played golf because he was lazy and doesn't care about America. When Trump plays golf, he is also taking care of business. Like making deals with Japan's PM. And promoting his golf courses.

lol i do love the irony of trump making money for himself at mar-a-lago simultaneous to taxpayers shelling out the expense of keeping him safe while he does it.  all so he can show off to his guests.  can't do that at the white house.

i have a sneaking suspicion that trump isn't gonna spend much time in places he can't charge people to see him.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 14, 2017, 04:02:06 PM »
i'm not well-read on all the details of the flynn thing, but assuming i'm not missing something major, i actually don't really get why him talking to russia about sanctions is such a big deal.  i get that he technically was a private citizen when he had those conversations, but c'mon, he was a member of the president-elect's national security team.  we should want incoming governments to be in contact with foreign leaders to communicate their intentions and signal upcoming policy changes.  predictability in foreign affairs is a good thing.

if he lied to folks about it, then that's obviously fucked up, but i dunno what he told to whom.

lol i do love the irony of trump making money for himself at mar-a-lago simultaneous to taxpayers shelling out the expense of keeping him safe while he does it.  all so he can show off to his guests.  can't do that at the white house.

i have a sneaking suspicion that trump isn't gonna spend much time in places he can't charge people to see him.
It's a federal crime to engage in diplomatic relations on behalf the US if you aren't in a position to which that's your job.

« Reply #673 on: February 14, 2017, 04:48:45 PM »
Apparently Flynn is now a scapegoat or something, according to him.

Well, what he did was technically a crime. And then he lied about it. And what's more, the intelligence community informed the administration that Flynn had lied and that he may be a risk, and they either didn't believe them or just didn't care.

And, this is all speculation, but Flynn talking with the Russian ambassador also opens back up the whole can of worms about the Russia dossier and the possibility of the Trump administration talking to Russian officials during the election, specifically about sanctions. The dropping of Russia sanctions was one of the only big things the Trump campaign pushed for in the GOP platform.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 14, 2017, 05:50:19 PM »
What Flynn is really saying is "I'm TRUMP'S Scapegoat".  You know, so we don't start investigating him.

Oh wait, I guess Republicans don't care about such things:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/02/14/house-republicans-democrats-flynn-investigation/97889998/

Let's investigate e-mail servers and benghazi for years but totally not this.  Nope.  He was nominated by our team. 

And remember: These are "The Best People"
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 05:58:42 PM by Lord Dave »

« Reply #675 on: February 14, 2017, 08:15:49 PM »
What Flynn is really saying is "I'm TRUMP'S Scapegoat".  You know, so we don't start investigating him.

Oh wait, I guess Republicans don't care about such things:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/02/14/house-republicans-democrats-flynn-investigation/97889998/

Let's investigate e-mail servers and benghazi for years but totally not this.  Nope.  He was nominated by our team. 

And remember: These are "The Best People"

Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Where there is widespread denial of smoke despite an obvious plume overhead, there is a really big fire that is going to implicate a lot of people when it becomes public.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 14, 2017, 10:36:43 PM »
Well, as an Obama appointee to the DIA Director's seat, and overall a person appreciated by the previous administration, he'd be one of the first in line on the swamp-draining train. It's not surprising that he'd try to play the scapegoat card. He was super-good and everyone loved him under Obama's administration, but suddenly the Big Bad Trump is in power and he's in trouble. Clearly a scapegoat.

Oh, wait, we're ignoring that he's an Obama person. Sorry, I forgot, forget everything I said. He's a bad, bad person that Trump picked out of nowhere. Bad Trump, no cookie.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:38:37 PM by SexWarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #677 on: February 14, 2017, 11:05:44 PM »
Well, as an Obama appointee to the DIA Director's seat, and overall a person appreciated by the previous administration, he'd be one of the first in line on the swamp-draining train. It's not surprising that he'd try to play the scapegoat card. He was super-good and everyone loved him under Obama's administration, but suddenly the Big Bad Trump is in power and he's in trouble. Clearly a scapegoat.

Oh, wait, we're ignoring that he's an Obama person. Sorry, I forgot, forget everything I said. He's a bad, bad person that Trump picked out of nowhere. Bad Trump, no cookie.

One of these days, Trump supporters are going to have to stop using Obama as a scapegoat for everything.

Flynn only lasted 2 years under Obama before "retiring" after a "mutual agreement that there needed to be a change in leadership", though no one made a big deal out of it at the time. (In other words, "retire before we fire you"). He was a big part of Trump's campaign, especially his stance on border security and Islamic Terrorism. He was appointed to his position by Trump. He was not leftovers from the Obama administration.

Also, I think you misunderstood Lord Dave's comment. Flynn didn't "play the scapegoat card". Dave was implying that Flynn's letter was an attempt to draw the blame to himself to deflect blame from Trump. He was trying to be the scapegoat, not complaining about being the scapegoat. Edit: Ok, that wasn't very clear. Let me try again. Flynn was implying that this scandal wasn't a significant issue, but the left is making a bigger deal out of it than they should. And he was happy to take the blame for it if that is what it takes to keep Trump in the clear.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 11:11:19 PM by TotesNotReptilian »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 14, 2017, 11:18:18 PM »
One of these days, Trump supporters are going to have to stop using Obama as a scapegoat for everything.
I think this is as good a time as any to reiterate that I'm not a Trump supporter.

Flynn only lasted 2 years under Obama before "retiring"
Ah, yes, that puts it in perspective in comparison to his 24 days of working with Trump before "resigning". We can now calculate the TotesNotReptilian-Obama Leniency Factor [TNR-OLF] given the following information:

Number of days for which it is TotesOK for Flynn to work under Obama: 744
Days for which it is TotesTerrible for Flynn to work under Trump: 24
TNR-OLF: 744/24=31

To conclude: Obama can do things 31 times as TotesTerrible as Trump without getting any TotesFlak. At 32 times, however, all bets are off!

(In other words, "retire before we fire you")
So, exactly what happened this time too?

He was a big part of Trump's campaign, especially his stance on border security and Islamic Terrorism. He was appointed to his position by Trump. He was not leftovers from the Obama administration.
He was also a major part of Fiorina's, Cruz's and Carson's campaigns. It's almost as if he was overall regarded as a good old school military guy, the kind of person that makes a Republican happy in the crotch area.

Also, I think you misunderstood Lord Dave's comment. Flynn didn't "play the scapegoat card". Dave was implying that Flynn's letter
What letter? I thought he was referring to the tweet that Trekky brought up in the post directly preceding that of Dave's.

He was trying to be the scapegoat, not complaining about being the scapegoat.
He did complain, though, and we have it in writing. [EDIT: turns out this tweet was fake, nevermind lol]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 10:04:17 PM by SexWarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #679 on: February 14, 2017, 11:21:00 PM »
Well, as an Obama appointee to the DIA Director's seat, and overall a person appreciated by the previous administration, he'd be one of the first in line on the swamp-draining train.

lol.  so you think that being appointed national security advisor counts as being "one of the first in line on the swamp-draining train"?  are you serious?

also flynn was forced out of the dia in 2014, not "appreciated by the previous administration."

Critics said that his management style could be chaotic and that the scope of his plans met resistance from both superiors and subordinates. At the same time, his tenure was marked by significant turbulence, including the fallout from the classified intelligence files leaked by former intelligence contractor Edward Snowden, as well as other emerging crises.

“His vision in DIA was seen as disruptive,” said a former Pentagon official who worked closely with Flynn. At the DIA, Flynn sought to push DIA analysts and operators “up and out of their cubicles into the field to support war fighters or high-intensity operations,” the former official said. “I’m not sure DIA sees itself as that.”