Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #340 on: November 06, 2018, 10:45:43 PM »
<Rushy> the latest update literally said "there is currently an infinite loading screen issue, please allow the client to load for at least 5 minutes and crash so that we can determine the cause"

The absolute state of Scam Shitizen.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 14, 2018, 03:59:44 AM »
Screenshot Citizen delivers

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 14, 2018, 05:11:05 AM »
If only the gameplay was fun.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 15, 2018, 07:44:43 AM »
<Rushy> garygreen: I was permanently stuck in a spaceport
<Rushy> no one could find the ship they were looking for because the ATC was bugged and would just tell you your ship is "on pad"
<Rushy> BUT WHICH ONE? WHICH ONE IS IT ATC?
<Rushy> so you had dozens of players frantically trying to get into the elevators looking for the right pad
<Rushy> and there were 8 of them and you only get ~two tries before ATC despawns your ship for being a no-show

GOTY 2015
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 15, 2018, 05:17:30 PM »
Fortuna, for whatever reason, thought that ships slow down after their engines are turned off. I was fairly certain this is incorrect but I wanted to make sure:

and sure enough the ship keeps exactly the velocity you had while being powered off. You can even orbit planets thanks to this. Keep in mind turning the throttle to zero is NOT the same as turning the engines off. If IFCS is still on, it will slow your ship to a stop with the throttle at zero, which is what I think Fortuna was actually doing and then complaining about the "unrealistic" flight model.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 15, 2018, 07:09:30 PM »
You can even orbit planets thanks to this.

Please stop with this meme until you have actually orbited a planet and verified this. At the maximum speeds of Star Citizen ships, one would need to be almost as far as the moon is from an Earth-sized planet to be at orbital velocity. The moon, say Round Earthers, orbits the Earth in about 27 days.

Even accounting for the reduced scale of the Star Citizen universe, this means you would still need to be running the game continuously, doing nothing but sitting in a ship with its engines off, for several days to complete even a single orbit. Not only would this be intensely dull, but I suspect they restart the servers more often than this as they release new patches.

In a nutshell: Bullshit.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 15, 2018, 07:15:21 PM »
Please stop with this meme until you have actually orbited a planet and verified this. At the maximum speeds of Star Citizen ships, one would need to be almost as far as the moon is from an Earth-sized planet to be at orbital velocity. The moon, say Round Earthers, orbits the Earth in about 27 days.

Even accounting for the reduced scale of the Star Citizen universe, this means you would still need to be running the game continuously, doing nothing but sitting in a ship with its engines off, for several days to complete even a single orbit. Not only would this be intensely dull, but I suspect they restart the servers more often than this as they release new patches.

In a nutshell: Bullshit.

You keep saying this in IRC and I keep linking you videos showing otherwise. You're forgetting how small Star Citizen planets are, and how high their gravity comparatively is, which makes orbital velocity very small and makes orbital periods very small as well.

Stop shitting up my thread, thanks.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 16, 2018, 05:23:30 AM »
Fortuna, for whatever reason, thought that ships slow down after their engines are turned off. I was fairly certain this is incorrect but I wanted to make sure:

and sure enough the ship keeps exactly the velocity you had while being powered off. You can even orbit planets thanks to this. Keep in mind turning the throttle to zero is NOT the same as turning the engines off. If IFCS is still on, it will slow your ship to a stop with the throttle at zero, which is what I think Fortuna was actually doing and then complaining about the "unrealistic" flight model.

What if you get out of the pilot's seat?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 18, 2018, 12:48:09 AM »

It keeps moving even if you get out of the seat.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 18, 2018, 02:29:55 AM »

It keeps moving even if you get out of the seat.

Okay, it's working now in the Gladius. But I'm 100% positive the last time I flew my Constellation it stopped when I got out of the seat.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 18, 2018, 05:07:23 AM »
Okay, it's working now in the Gladius. But I'm 100% positive the last time I flew my Constellation it stopped when I got out of the seat.

I don't recall that ever happening; Parsifal said he remembers something happening like what you described. I won't say it isn't possible that the game used to operate in that manner, but I know for certain the game does maintain ship momentum now.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 20, 2018, 08:39:12 PM »
What’s everyone getting during the Anniversary sale? I want to buy some land if they offer it again.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 20, 2018, 08:40:49 PM »
What’s everyone getting during the Anniversary sale? I want to buy some land if they offer it again.

>unironically giving Wobberts more money

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 20, 2018, 08:44:34 PM »

>unironically giving Wobberts more money

I’ve already given him 750 USD. I might as well get to that sweet concierge level now.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 21, 2018, 02:14:16 PM »

Nothing at all.

I might melt the Javelin and use that towards a bunch of other ships, but I'm definitely not giving them more money in the near future. I've spent plenty already.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 26, 2018, 01:15:04 AM »
<RushyMk2> The Origin jumpworks expo has an Anvil Aerospace logo on the floor
<RushyMk2> And the ship is just three landing gear
<RushyMk2> Where's the rest of the ship
<RushyMk2> Nice expo

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 28, 2018, 07:11:52 PM »
There’s no way the new Aopoa fighter is actually going to have 32 size 3 missiles right? That seems OP as fuck.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 28, 2018, 10:20:22 PM »
There’s no way the new Aopoa fighter is actually going to have 32 size 3 missiles right? That seems OP as fuck.

Considering the rack, pretty sure that's a typo and it is 32 size 2 missiles. Considering their recent shenanigans though you never can tell. Seems like weapon creep is the next big scam.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 29, 2018, 01:27:32 AM »

I refuse to play until asteroids are no closer than a few hundred thousand miles away from each other.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 29, 2018, 10:23:54 AM »