Offline Ratboy

• View Profile
Flights to Antarctica
« on: March 08, 2018, 06:20:33 AM »
There was a post that I cannot find that stated that no commercial flights are allowed to fly over Antarctic Air Space.
1. Who owns this Antarctic Air Space?  Is it a governmental body like US and Russian Air Space?  Which country regulates this?
2. Which makes me wonder why would NASA have a team of people patrolling Antarctica when the US is like 5% of the world's population and is not particularly close to the ring?
3. Does Donald Trump know about NASA's expenditures?  Does this fit his America and Antarctica first policy?
4. Who patrols the wall?  I mean like the actual individuals. Everyone has relatives.  There was a daycare here that the operators were charged with child abuse.  One of the kids testified in court that they cut off one of the kid's finger.  The defense asked "which kid exactly?" "One of the kids." Just like Flat Earthers in their basements, the kid did not realize that everyone at the daycare has a family.  If you cut off a finger, one of the parents will notice.  If you hire an army of people to patrol the ice ring, their relatives will notice their absence.  Do these people get to retire off of Antarctica?  How does it work? What about the infrastructure to feed them?  As anyone in the military knows, the number of people not actively involved in operations greatly outnumber those doing the fighting.
5. What do we make of flights to Antarctica? Like this one:
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/passenger-jet-antarctica-travel_us_56605d06e4b079b2818d6196
It sort of flies in the face of the claim that no flights are allowed in Antarctic "airspace."  What exactly defines this airspace and who sends fighters to buzz the aircraft entering it?
6. Is there really anyone here who believes the earth is flat?