BillO

Sabine Hossenfelder - Did the Big Bang happen?
« on: August 27, 2022, 04:28:58 PM »
Always worth 15 minutes.

Offline Pondering Charles

• Purgatory
    • View Profile
Re: Sabine Hossenfelder - Did the Big Bang happen?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 12:48:13 AM »
Not even close to how NASA says it. Here's where things turn Biblical, but there's no other way for me. The big bang is impossible and makes no sense.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 03:23:14 AM »
Not even close to how NASA says it. Here's where things turn Biblical, but there's no other way for me. The big bang is impossible and makes no sense.
Fun fact: the big bang theory was invented by a Catholic priest.
https://www.amnh.org/learn-teach/curriculum-collections/cosmic-horizons-book/georges-lemaitre-big-bang

Also, when God said "let there be light", why couldn't He have been referring to the big bang?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 03:26:12 AM by markjo »
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

• Purgatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 01:15:11 PM »
Sorry but how did the big bang happen? everything came from nothing? an explosion created something? makes no sense

BillO

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2022, 01:53:10 PM »
Sorry but how did the big bang happen? everything came from nothing? an explosion created something? makes no sense
You didn't watch the video, did you?  Nor have you read anything written by a scientist about the "Big Bang" have you?  If you had done either of those you would have known the Big Bang was neither an explosion nor a big bang.  Those terms only have meaning if you can define them with respect to the universe when they occurred.  Science can't do that because according the the "Big Bang" hypothesis the universe had not taken on any form at t=0.  All that aside, the "Big Bang" is not the only guess at what happened.

As Hossenfelder clearly stated, we don't know where the universe came from.  The "Big Bang" (with the above caveats) is just a working hypothesis on it's evolution and nowhere in that hypothesis does it claim what happened to initiate t=0 except that it is hypothesized the current space and time we call the universe came into existence during that event.  We don't know what existed before that or what form it took nor do we make any claims along those lines

It is the religious nut bags that believe that some magical monkey wiggled his finger and the universe popped into existence out of nothing and was fully formed in 6 days.  That is NOT what mainstream science thinks, it is religious bunk.

• Purgatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2022, 02:16:08 PM »
"religious bunk" describes science and NASA and the big bang

"As Hossenfelder clearly stated, we don't know where the universe came from.  The "Big Bang" (with the above caveats) is just a working hypothesis on it's evolution and nowhere in that hypothesis does it claim what happened to initiate t=0 except that it is hypothesized the current space and time we call the universe came into existence during that event.  We don't know what existed before that or what form it took nor do we make any claims along those lines"

So you have no idea, and no evidence, but you still cling on to your model with blind faith. whereas i have a model, its called the BIBLE.

BillO

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2022, 04:59:44 PM »
Just so you know, I do not put all people of faith into the "religious nut bag" category.  On several other threads you are in arguments with AllAroundTheWorld (AATW) is a person of faith, yet still takes the time to understand and support a scientific approach.  He is obviously enlightened and educated even if we do not agree on the nesseccary existence of God.  I am sure there are others here too.

Not that it would matter to the dyed-in the wool nut bag, though, seeing as wanton ignorance is your MO.

• Purgatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2022, 05:03:11 PM »
Just so you know, I do not put all people of faith into the "religious nut bag" category.  On several other threads you are in arguments with AllAroundTheWorld (AATW) is a person of faith, yet still takes the time to understand and support a scientific approach.  He is obviously enlightened and educated even if we do not agree on the nesseccary existence of God.  I am sure there are others here too.

Not that it would matter to the dyed-in the wool nut bag, though, seeing as wanton ignorance is your MO.

There are many fake Christians who are mouth pieces of satan. He spends 24/7 trying to deceive us,such as lying about the shape of the earth

BillO

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2022, 05:05:01 PM »
There are many fake Christians who are mouth pieces of satan. He spends 24/7 trying to deceive us,such as lying about the shape of the earth
Are you related to J-Man?

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2022, 09:50:09 PM »
Sorry but how did the big bang happen? everything came from nothing? an explosion created something?
God's will, of course.

makes no sense
Irrelevant.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.