Offline rooster

• View Profile
How is Jroa Still a Mod?
« on: December 15, 2013, 08:12:07 PM »
After his insulting and sexist rant in People who think you fancy them when you don't. thread I tried messaging him. All I said was that I didn't appreciate his behavior in general toward me and that I thought it would be best if we kept a distance on the forum, but I think he broke.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 08:26:34 PM by junker »

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: How is Jroa Still a Mod?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 08:13:24 PM »
I am bleeding in my heart. 

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 08:16:42 PM »
After his insulting and sexist rant in People who think you fancy them when you don't. thread I tried messaging him. All I said was that I didn't appreciate his behavior in general toward me and that I thought it would be best if we kept a distance on the forum, but I think he broke.

I was banned so I havent seen this rant yet but I will do so. And he obvousley doesnt seem to care about his job as a mod anymore. That could lead to all kinds of injustices. I myself a suferer
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 08:26:44 PM by junker »
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 08:17:26 PM »

What is this, a picture for ants?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 08:26:51 PM by junker »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 08:18:25 PM »
If he doesn't want to be a mod then he can tell an admin if he so chooses.  An opinion expressed in a "private" message is not something I am going to hold against anyone when it wasn't intended for everyone to read.

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 08:19:24 PM »

What is this, a picture for ants?
Oh now I see the sexist part. What a jerk!
If he doesn't want to be a mod then he can tell an admin if he so chooses.  An opinion expressed in a "private" message is not something I am going to hold against anyone when it wasn't intended for everyone to read.
Im wiling to fill the spot
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 08:27:00 PM by junker »
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 08:21:59 PM »
His public posts say the same thing.

Is there a way to block him? I just want him to leave me alone privately and publicly.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 08:24:12 PM »
On the other forum, it is against the rules to post private messages without the other person's consent.  I feel like my privacy was taken away when rooster decided to post my private thoughts.  Thanks, rooster, for making me feel like shit. 

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 08:24:44 PM »

Is there a way to block him? I just want him to leave me alone privately and publicly.

Adding him to your ignore list might do something.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 08:26:19 PM »

Add him to your ignore list and make sure your PM setting is set to allow PMs from everyone but those on that list.  Takes care of public and private.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 08:27:47 PM »
On the other forum, it is against the rules to post private messages without the other person's consent.  I feel like my privacy was taken away when rooster decided to post my private thoughts.  Thanks, rooster, for making me feel like shit.

We don't have an official rule on that, yet.  I am inclined to agree.  I have removed the PM images, although it doesn't matter much as they have already been seen.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 08:30:17 PM »
How do I add someone to my ignore list? It looks like he's already done it so I can't see his posts anymore, but I'd like to know for future reference at least.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 08:31:30 PM »
How do I add someone to my ignore list? It looks like he's already done it so I can't see his posts anymore, but I'd like to know for future reference at least.

Profile -> Account Settings -> Buddies/Ignore List -> Edit Ignore List

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 08:33:50 PM »
Thanks. This can be closed now.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 08:34:21 PM »
ok

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 09:08:33 PM »
Rooster, in all honesty, you need to pipe down. We've asked jroa to be a bit kinder to you, but his posting and his moderation are two entirely separate issues. You disliking his posts is no grounds for questioning his moderation. If you have a problem with his moderation, that's grounds for questioning his moderation.

It's in the name.

Oh, and we're not gonna ban opinions you disagree with just because you do.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume