totallackey

Re: Trump
« Reply #3920 on: June 03, 2019, 10:12:39 AM »
I read the article quite comprehensively, and you're really not contradicting me at all, only substituting your own unflattering terms in place of mine.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/446136-professor-who-has-correctly-predicted-nine-presidential-elections-says

oh no
"...a lack of foreign policy success..."

Tells me the author is deranged...

Trump scores well in terms of foreign policy, unless you are a huge fan of meaningless, unjustified wars.
Does that include meaningless, unjustified trade wars?
Who says they are unjustified?

More TDS sufferers?

totallackey

« Reply #3921 on: June 03, 2019, 10:14:48 AM »
China has been, is currently, and likely will be, an enemy state. It's a matter of when, not if, China invades Taiwan. That they currently have not already done so is simply because they understand they are not powerful enough yet; a relieving, but also threatening, notion. Nations such as Russia and China are dictatorships which continue to present themselves as passive enemies to the US and have economically attacked us for decades. To continue to allow the Chinese economy to grow at its current pace is not only morally bankrupt, but foolishly throwing our own future away.

If those with the foresight to deal with China right now, today, do not do so, then those without such foresight will loathe the geopolitical climate they're handed in 2040.
We have been preached to about the threat of China v Taiwan since the 1930's...

NGAS about supposed foresight that is clouded by boneheaded hindsight...

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: June 03, 2019, 10:05:10 PM »

The economy, last I checked, is still on a roll.
Hiring is up but wages are stagnant. The growth in hiring is a recovery from the economic collapse the last time the Republicans were in the White House. The factory (and the industry) I work for has been clobbered by the tariffs, aluminum is suffering other global issues that are making it even worse.

Of course, the economy is good for the rich. Trump gave them huge tax breaks and he's rolling back the financial protections put in place after the recession of 2008. While he drives the national debt and deficit to record levels, the rest of us will go hungry waiting for the 'trickle down.'

He disrupted our strategic alliances weakening us strategically.
Oh please...Come on Kramer...

Not even one defined instance from you to back that up.

The Russians taking Crimea? The Chinese building new islands? The Iranians restarting nuclear enrichment?

What is Trump doing any different than Obama?

These are things the Russians want. They want us spending billions on a useless wall while they deploy new underwater drone technology capable of sneaking a 2 megaton (maybe even one of the big 100 megaton) warhead right up to our beach to wipe out a city with a radioactive tsunami.
Last I checked every single weapon possessed by every "big ticket" military power resembles every other weapon across the board...nobody owns anything unique...

Now you're just trolling...

You don't think there is any difference in jet fighters between countries? You think Libyan radar jamming technology is the same as the U.S. You don't think there is a difference in performance between battleships?

You don't believe that in the next 6 months, the Russians will deploy a UUV system capable of sneaking a high yield nuke up into one of our bays? The U.S. Navy does have a similar project but it is far behind Russia and does not yet have the capacity to carry a payload the size of a nuke.

Everyone in America is glad you aren't in charge.

By the way, one of the things that has kept our planet safe for decades is the fact that the Russians and Chinese hate each other. Now, under Trump's watch their holding joint military maneuvers. With Russian conventional/nuclear forces, China's cyber forces and Trumps bumbling, the U.S. is a sitting duck.
Not even close.

Not close, a tie. Mutually assured destruction is protecting us all.

Hear me now and believe me later, Russia will make another power move in Europe before Trump leaves.
So? Let the Europeans take of the Europeans...

You know, I think I'll give you this one. Yes, the U.S. has it's finger up too many butts on this planet.

However, if Russia makes a move on a NATO country (or someone we actually like) then it's on. Currently, the Russians have no fear of Trump. The idiot wanted to join Russia in a Cyber Security Task Force. The real threat from America to Russia is that one of these days, Putin will hurt himself when he falls our of his chair laughing at Trump. Trump asked Putin if they tried to interfere in our elections and Putin said, 'no' so Trump believed him over all of his intelligence community. If Putin asked Trump about one of our secret programs, what's Trump going to say?

Dennis Rodman made more progress with North Korea than Trump did.
LOL!

At least Dennis Rodman didn't negotiate away our rights to military maneuvers in parts of the South China Sea.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

totallackey

« Reply #3923 on: June 04, 2019, 10:19:32 AM »

The economy, last I checked, is still on a roll.
Hiring is up but wages are stagnant. The growth in hiring is a recovery from the economic collapse the last time the Republicans were in the White House. The factory (and the industry) I work for has been clobbered by the tariffs, aluminum is suffering other global issues that are making it even worse.
Still working?

Yep...
Of course, the economy is good for the rich. Trump gave them huge tax breaks and he's rolling back the financial protections put in place after the recession of 2008. While he drives the national debt and deficit to record levels, the rest of us will go hungry waiting for the 'trickle down.'
The economy is doing well for anyone desiring to work.

Phrasing bad results in terms of victimhood is a decidedly low bar and typical of people lacking fundamental skills, such as clarity of thought.
He disrupted our strategic alliances weakening us strategically.
Oh please...Come on Kramer...

Not even one defined instance from you to back that up.

The Russians taking Crimea? The Chinese building new islands? The Iranians restarting nuclear enrichment?

No definition of why any of that is bad, except some supposed experts (you know, the ones who get us into the messes you end up complaining about anyway?) say so...

These are things the Russians want. They want us spending billions on a useless wall while they deploy new underwater drone technology capable of sneaking a 2 megaton (maybe even one of the big 100 megaton) warhead right up to our beach to wipe out a city with a radioactive tsunami.
Last I checked every single weapon possessed by every "big ticket" military power resembles every other weapon across the board...nobody owns anything unique...

You don't think there is any difference in jet fighters between countries? You think Libyan radar jamming technology is the same as the U.S. You don't think there is a difference in performance between battleships?

You don't believe that in the next 6 months, the Russians will deploy a UUV system capable of sneaking a high yield nuke up into one of our bays? The U.S. Navy does have a similar project but it is far behind Russia and does not yet have the capacity to carry a payload the size of a nuke.

No.

I know there is no difference in the types of jets employed by the military.

One merely needs to look at design.

Same goes with all the weapons...they are all built by the same manufacturers, all peddled by these manufacturers.
By the way, one of the things that has kept our planet safe for decades is the fact that the Russians and Chinese hate each other. Now, under Trump's watch their holding joint military maneuvers. With Russian conventional/nuclear forces, China's cyber forces and Trumps bumbling, the U.S. is a sitting duck.
Not even close.

Not close, a tie. Mutually assured destruction is protecting us all.
Again, a big fan of McNamara...

Sorry, your status quo is wearing thin...
Hear me now and believe me later, Russia will make another power move in Europe before Trump leaves.
So? Let the Europeans take of the Europeans...

You know, I think I'll give you this one. Yes, the U.S. has it's finger up too many butts on this planet.

However, if Russia makes a move on a NATO country (or someone we actually like) then it's on. Currently, the Russians have no fear of Trump. The idiot wanted to join Russia in a Cyber Security Task Force. The real threat from America to Russia is that one of these days, Putin will hurt himself when he falls our of his chair laughing at Trump. Trump asked Putin if they tried to interfere in our elections and Putin said, 'no' so Trump believed him over all of his intelligence community. If Putin asked Trump about one of our secret programs, what's Trump going to say?
Why do you insist on purveying a non existent RED SCARE!?

LOL!

At least Dennis Rodman didn't negotiate away our rights to military maneuvers in parts of the South China Sea.
I see part of the problem...

You get your geopolitical sense of how things oughta be from "Entertainment Tonight."

Oh, I forgot...

Mary Hart caused you seizures...

File a disability claim...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 10:22:34 AM by totallackey »

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: June 05, 2019, 10:07:55 PM »

Still working?

Yep...

The economy is doing well for anyone desiring to work.

Phrasing bad results in terms of victimhood is a decidedly low bar and typical of people lacking fundamental skills, such as clarity of thought.

Yes, I'm still working. I was lucky enough to have seniority. Other people in my factory have been laid off. Our customers are struggling and their families will be hit in the Christmas bonus.

Understand that Trump doesn't give a shit about the people who lost jobs. He doesn't give a shit about the farmers or factory workers any more than the suckers he ripped off with his Trump University scam. He doesn't give a shit about federal workers missing a paycheck. It's all just a dick size ego contest to him.

You also need to understand that as a Trump supporter, he doesn't give a shit about you either. He will heap empty praise on you while he's getting what he wants but when it's over, he will turn on you just like everyone else in his administration. He doesn't care if you've given your life to protect his obese, spoiled lifestyle. If you cross his childish ego, you will become twitter fodder. Now he's asking his staffers not to cooperate with the investigation so they can face jail just like Nixon's people.

No definition of why any of that is bad, except some supposed experts (you know, the ones who get us into the messes you end up complaining about anyway?) say so...

Sure, let Russia have control of Europe, not your problem. Let China control sea going traffic all across the South China Sea. Go ahead, sell nuclear weapons to Iran.

No.

I know there is no difference in the types of jets employed by the military.

One merely needs to look at design.

Same goes with all the weapons...they are all built by the same manufacturers, all peddled by these manufacturers.

So you don't believe what the 'experts' say, what can you tell us about the differences in payload capacities between the Russian UUVs and the American ones being designed by Boeing?

Why do you insist on purveying a non existent RED SCARE!?

Russia is no longer a threat to the Republicans in America. They are now the Republicans #1 SuperPAC.

There are strict limits to how much I can spend promoting a candidate but the Russians can bring all their resources to bear on our elections and the Republicans insist it makes no impact.
Obviously, you're not concerned about Russia. They're your ally.

But the rest of us are wondering if Russia would support the best candidate for the U.S or the best candidate for Russia.

LOL!

I see part of the problem...

You get your geopolitical sense of how things oughta be from "Entertainment Tonight."

Oh, I forgot...

Mary Hart caused you seizures...

File a disability claim...

Dude? did you really say that? Is Entertainment Tonight still on the air?

Why not tell me some of Trump's accomplishments? Every negotiation he started has failed.

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: June 06, 2019, 04:39:12 AM »
So, Trump has some demands for Mexico to agree to before he stops the threat of Tariffs...

"They include enforcing its own immigration laws, securing its southern border with Guatemala and committing to taking "all the asylum-seekers." "

I think the last bit may be the problem...
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: June 06, 2019, 02:09:19 PM »
Sometimes I think that has a few reasonable ideas with good intentions, but he tends to be awfully heavy handed in trying to implement them.  It seems that he still doesn't understand the difference between being the president of a large corporation and being president of a large country.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: June 06, 2019, 06:07:33 PM »
Sometimes I think that has a few reasonable ideas with good intentions, but he tends to be awfully heavy handed in trying to implement them.  It seems that he still doesn't understand the difference between being the president of a large corporation and being president of a large country.

He's a standard Republican, but also an Asshole.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: June 07, 2019, 12:44:05 AM »
Is there a difference?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: June 07, 2019, 02:33:38 AM »
Is there a difference?
Of course.  You can be all about gun rights, the right to life, fiscally conservative and want trickle down economics while being nice about it.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3930 on: June 07, 2019, 02:09:32 PM »
Oh look, hard proof Republicans manipulate districts alot.
Redistricting Guru's Hard Drives Could Mean Legal, Political Woes For GOP https://n.pr/31fjQfl

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: June 07, 2019, 04:04:18 PM »
Redistricting Guru's Hard Drives Could Mean Legal, Political Woes For GOP https://n.pr/31fjQfl

Things like this are why it's a little hard to take foreign interference in our elections seriously sometimes.  Tactics like the ones mentioned in this article, the electoral college, voter suppression.  Those are much bigger threats to our democracy than a bunch of twitter bots and facebook ads.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: June 07, 2019, 06:20:46 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/05/politics/trump-transgender-military-ban-fact-check/index.html

He should probably just admit that the real reason he's pushing this ban is to enrage people. His fans will love him all the more for it.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: June 07, 2019, 06:29:28 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/05/politics/trump-transgender-military-ban-fact-check/index.html

He should probably just admit that the real reason he's pushing this ban is to enrage people. His fans will love him all the more for it.

But he's been told not to as it would be illegal.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: June 07, 2019, 10:00:45 PM »

Things like this are why it's a little hard to take foreign interference in our elections seriously sometimes.  Tactics like the ones mentioned in this article, the electoral college, voter suppression.  Those are much bigger threats to our democracy than a bunch of twitter bots and facebook ads.

Oh yes....  Gerrymandering is a big threat and it is damaging to free elections. But it is a challenge we've faced since the earliest elections and it's a challenge we can fight. It is up to each of us in our states and precincts to fight this shit. We can go to court and fight. Yes, we are outgunned by the mainstream political parties but we still have to fight.

We can't do anything about the Russian participation in out elections. They are investing huge resources into this by establishing these troll farms and like Google Ads, they're getting better at their targeting. Their involvement will get more polished and effective with time.

Most of the people on this board have some level of computer literacy so it's easy to discount the twitterbots and bullshit. But remember, there are dumbasses (that vote) out there right now in raging arguments with Twitterbots.

To counter the unregulated Russian support, the Democrats will have to bring in some foreign support. I'm guessing they might bring in the U.K. or Germany.

All these forces are watering down the impact of the American voter in elections..

« Reply #3935 on: June 07, 2019, 11:26:06 PM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/06/crowder-isnt-a-threat-to-public-safety/

today the gop (once again) gets very upset that private actors used speech and wallets to affect the policies of another private actor. 

THIS IS LITERALLY FASCIST MOB MENTALITY, WHAT ABOUT MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO YOUTUBE!!!!

fucking idiots.  fuck off.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: June 07, 2019, 11:30:49 PM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/06/crowder-isnt-a-threat-to-public-safety/

today the gop (once again) gets very upset that private actors used speech and wallets to affect the policies of another private actor. 

THIS IS LITERALLY FASCIST MOB MENTALITY, WHAT ABOUT MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO YOUTUBE!!!!

fucking idiots.  fuck off.

>mfw i realize steven crowder is literally twice as tall as ben shapiro

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: June 09, 2019, 03:36:18 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/08/us/politics/trump-mexico-deal-tariffs.html

Nice. Of course, Trump has angrily denied this in a series of tweets, but there's no reason to believe a notorious liar like him.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: June 13, 2019, 01:16:02 AM »
Trump: If Offered Dirt By Foreign Government On 2020 Rival, 'I Think I'd Take It' https://n.pr/31vcHI0

Trump: I totally would do that thing you all said I did with Russia and had a big investigation about.

My God, this is like OJ walking out of the court room and telling reporters "I'm glad she's dead.  I wanted to kill her a few times, ya know?"

Rama Set

« Reply #3939 on: June 13, 2019, 11:31:54 AM »
Or writing a book on how he’d do it...