Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #10960 on: December 20, 2023, 10:39:42 PM »
Clearly, the only solution is for the Democrats to replace Biden on the ballot shortly before the election and not allow Republicans to run a lengthy negative campaign against them.
They won't.  Because the encumbert president is almost always on the ballot.  Stupid 2 party system.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: December 20, 2023, 10:48:29 PM »
Clearly, the only solution is for the Democrats to replace Biden on the ballot shortly before the election
with whom tho
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #10962 on: December 20, 2023, 11:09:16 PM »
I fear the democrats are going to nominate the psychopath Patrick Bateman.. I mean Gavin Newsom. Same thing, really.
The Mastery.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10963 on: December 22, 2023, 04:12:13 AM »
I fear the democrats are going to nominate the psychopath Patrick Bateman.. I mean Gavin Newsom. Same thing, really.

Sadly, in 2016, the Democrats found the only living organism on the planet that could lose to Trump. It will be a monumental achievement to top that failure but they could do it.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #10964 on: December 22, 2023, 08:25:24 PM »

Sadly, in 2016, the Democrats found the only living organism on the planet that could lose to Trump. It will be a monumental achievement to top that failure but they could do it.

Nah, manufacture a fake scandal, keep talking about all the evidence you have when you have no evidence, and anybody could lose to Trump. Hillary wasn't special.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10965 on: December 22, 2023, 08:42:54 PM »
Nah, manufacture a fake scandal, keep talking about all the evidence you have when you have no evidence, and anybody could lose to Trump. Hillary wasn't special.
With all of the reals scandals that Trump was (and still is) involved in at the time, Hillary must have been very special to lose.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #10966 on: December 22, 2023, 10:46:54 PM »
With all of the reals scandals that Trump was (and still is) involved in at the time, Hillary must have been very special to lose.

And yet it's a dead heat between Trump and Biden in the polls right now, with Trump usually coming out slightly ahead. I guess Biden's special too.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #10967 on: December 22, 2023, 11:06:43 PM »
Looks like Trump's delay, delay, delay strategy is working.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/22/politics/supreme-court-trump-immunity-jack-smith/index.html

Is it just me, or does it seem that if it's true that Trump does indeed enjoy presidential immunity, then he would want the Supreme Court to say so as soon as possible so that all of those pesky felony charges can just go away and he can focus on destroying democracy once and for all?

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10968 on: December 23, 2023, 06:18:43 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/22/politics/supreme-court-trump-immunity-jack-smith/index.html

Is it just me, or does it seem that if it's true that Trump does indeed enjoy presidential immunity, then he would want the Supreme Court to say so as soon as possible so that all of those pesky felony charges can just go away and he can focus on destroying democracy once and for all?

But crooked Joe controls all the courts, so he needs to be president again before these trials or he'll definitely lose.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10969 on: December 24, 2023, 02:17:08 AM »

Well, that would be a definite case of "it is just you."

How can a supposed "delay, delay, delay strategy," exercised by Trump possibly = a shit-ass argument posed by a top-notch federal prosecutor by the name of Jack Smith? Are you now claiming that Jack Smith is one of the "deplorables"?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 02:22:42 AM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #10970 on: December 24, 2023, 03:10:16 AM »
How can a supposed "delay, delay, delay strategy," exercised by Trump possibly = a shit-ass argument posed by a top-notch federal prosecutor by the name of Jack Smith? Are you now claiming that Jack Smith is one of the "deplorables"?
If the Supreme Court were to decide that Trump enjoys presidential immunity, then the 91 felony charges go away, right?

If presidential immunity makes those 91 felony charges go away, then wouldn't you want that to happen as soon as possible?

All that dragging out the process as long as possible does is rack up more lawyer bills for Trump.

Or do Trump and his lawyers realize that presidential immunity isn't a thing once out of office and they need to run out the clock and hope that Trump wins another term so that he can kill these cases once and for all?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #10971 on: December 24, 2023, 04:55:03 AM »
Clearly, the only solution is for the Democrats to replace Biden on the ballot shortly before the election
with whom tho

Any Democratic politician with a decent record of their own, and yet isn't so high-profile that they've attracted relentless attacks from Republicans on the national level. Someone like, say, Andy Beshear, the surprisingly popular governor of Kentucky.

I simply can't parse this sentence. Could you please rephrase?
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10972 on: December 24, 2023, 01:48:38 PM »
Any Democratic politician with a decent record of their own, and yet isn't so high-profile that they've attracted relentless attacks from Republicans on the national level. Someone like, say, Andy Beshear, the surprisingly popular governor of Kentucky.
Wouldn't you be worried about Trump having a potential advantage in a race against a relative nobody? I doubt many people who aren't terminally online/political would know who Andy Beshear is.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10973 on: December 24, 2023, 05:41:57 PM »
If the Supreme Court were to decide that Trump enjoys presidential immunity, then the 91 felony charges go away, right?
Jack Smith made a jackassed argument and is attempting to circumvent due process.

If presidential immunity makes those 91 felony charges go away, then wouldn't you want that to happen as soon as possible?

All that dragging out the process as long as possible does is rack up more lawyer bills for Trump.
Making a feeble argument it is Trump that is "dragging out the process," based on a top-notch federal prosecutor circumventing lower courts ability to decide issues that should be heard by those courst first sounds par for the course.

Or do Trump and his lawyers realize that presidential immunity isn't a thing once out of office and they need to run out the clock and hope that Trump wins another term so that he can kill these cases once and for all?
Trump has nothing to do with what this jackass top-notch federal prosecutor is getting bitch slapped for.

Sounds like you don't want the court process to play out either.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #10974 on: December 24, 2023, 06:33:26 PM »
*sigh*
I'm trying to present my argument from Donald Trump's perspective, not from Jack Smith's. 

Wouldn't it be to Trump's benefit to have the Supreme Court decide that he has presidential immunity as soon as possible so that all of those pesky felony charges would just go away?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10975 on: December 24, 2023, 06:55:11 PM »
*sigh*
I'm trying to present my argument from Donald Trump's perspective, not from Jack Smith's. 

Wouldn't it be to Trump's benefit to have the Supreme Court decide that he has presidential immunity as soon as possible so that all of those pesky felony charges would just go away?
Wouldn't it be to every US Citizen's benefit to allow the conduct of due process within the courts and not have jackass top-notch prosecutors making jackassed arguments to the wrong court?

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #10976 on: December 24, 2023, 07:16:20 PM »
*sigh*

Wouldn't it be to every US Citizen's benefit to allow the conduct of due process within the courts and not have jackass top-notch prosecutors making jackassed arguments to the wrong court?
Not if it means that Trump can escape justice by running out the clock, getting himself reelected and having the Justice Department drop all actions against him.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 10:00:44 PM by markjo »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10977 on: December 25, 2023, 06:41:42 AM »
*sigh*

Not if it means that Trump can escape justice by running out the clock, getting himself reelected and having the Justice Department drop all actions against him.
Well, your position is simply ridiculous and one that clearly identifies who is truly the extremist.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 06:54:45 AM by Action80 »

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10978 on: December 25, 2023, 08:38:45 AM »
*sigh*

Well, your position is simply ridiculous and one that clearly identifies who is truly the extremist.

Markjo is right.
Why wouldn't Trump take the opportunity to exonnerated by the highest, indesputable court?  Do you know what happens if SCOTUS rules in his favor?  He wins.  He wins EVERY SINGLE CASE!
The ban on colorado becomes illegal.
And he doesn't have to pay millions in legal fees to fight bogus court cases.  Jack Smith is immediately made pointless as he had no case.  And Biden loses the election for putting up a sham case from the start.

There is literally no upside for Trump to not want SCOTUS to decide it now.  The longer it takes, the more it works through the courts, the more crooked Joe can milk the American tax payers, the more money Trump has to use on lawyers instead of the campaign, and the undecided voters or the states that remove the choice.

Trump could have ended thall this crap before the primaries.  Instead he wants to drag it out in appeal after appeal until it goes to scotus anyway.  Because whoever loses the lower courts will apppeal.

So as you parrot Trump, remember just how much of a scumbag you are for waning Joe to keep winning and keep draining you, Trump, and America of money.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10979 on: December 25, 2023, 09:01:44 AM »
*sigh*

Markjo is right.
Why wouldn't Trump take the opportunity to exonnerated by the highest, indesputable court?  Do you know what happens if SCOTUS rules in his favor?  He wins.  He wins EVERY SINGLE CASE!
The ban on colorado becomes illegal.
And he doesn't have to pay millions in legal fees to fight bogus court cases.  Jack Smith is immediately made pointless as he had no case.  And Biden loses the election for putting up a sham case from the start.

There is literally no upside for Trump to not want SCOTUS to decide it now.  The longer it takes, the more it works through the courts, the more crooked Joe can milk the American tax payers, the more money Trump has to use on lawyers instead of the campaign, and the undecided voters or the states that remove the choice.

Trump could have ended thall this crap before the primaries.  Instead he wants to drag it out in appeal after appeal until it goes to scotus anyway.  Because whoever loses the lower courts will apppeal.

So as you parrot Trump, remember just how much of a scumbag you are for waning Joe to keep winning and keep draining you, Trump, and America of money.
^More comic relief.