Mysfit

Waves without gravity or rotation
« on: October 02, 2018, 01:17:55 PM »
Hello,
I am fairly new to posting and am attempting to help out at the wiki and I am not clever enough to join in with the exploring of tiny angles and sunsets or the Coriolis effect.
I will stick to the stupid truths and use those to help the wiki.

I would like to know possible explanations for waves without gravitational interference from the moon or the earth being a spinning globe.
That's right, I want to know why the waves wiggle without the moon being responsible.

A flat, static earth should cause the entire ocean to be flat, apart from the disturbances caused by the movement of ships, submarines and sea creatures.
I live at a coastal town and can assure you the ships don't make much fuss waves-wise, it is too shallow for submarines and no kraken is hiding that close to the surface.

This leaves me with my current best guess (not zetetic, apologies):
The UA forces at the base of the disc are causing vibrations which the ocean is absorbing. Much like jelly.
I am not yet clear on the tides, but I am just looking at the waves for now.

Does anyone have a better explanation?
I am ignoring the shape of the earth (unless it is a disc) and existence of gravity for now.

Re: Waves without gravity or rotation
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 01:36:33 PM »
No other flat earth model can explain the tides.

But I can.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg1486127#msg1486127

Again, the FES needs the ether drift to explain ocean tides, the barometer pressure paradox, the Coriolis effect, terrestrial gravity and much more.

HorstFue

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 11:08:06 PM »
Hello Mysfit!

Regarding waves: Why do you not read some chapters at Wikipedia? There are other things that can produce waves, e.g. Tsunamis, but "normal" waves are caused by the wind, regardless of form and magnitude of earth. Look up "wind waves".

Mysfit

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 12:22:13 AM »
Wind. Brilliant.
Didn’t think to account for distant winds.
Lemme check how wind is formed. Wikipedia should be fine.

“Globally, the two major driving factors of large-scale wind patterns (the atmospheric circulation) are the differential heating between the equator and the poles (difference in absorption of solar energy leading to buoyancy forces) and the rotation of the planet.”

Okee, the source of wind is now a problem, as the disc doesn’t rotate.
I can’t think of a zetetic approach to observing wind formation, so I will guess...
Most flat earths have a dome, so outside influences are out...
it has to be something ongoing, which just leaves UA...
Maybe air reacts chaotically to whatever is causing UA. That’s the best I got.

Smarter folks. Help.

Mysfit

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 04:41:28 PM »
Okee, as rotation is not causing the wind, we are forced to rely on the ether/aether put forth by Sandokhan.
This gets confusing when it is causing the wind, but not being responsible for the waves. Both contain water (at mildly different states of matter) and both contain air (what the last brackets said).
I am hoping Sandokhan can help, but they are probably busy :(.

If anyone else can help, it would be much appreciated.

Curiosity File

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 05:37:58 PM »
Okee, as rotation is not causing the wind, we are forced to rely on the ether/aether put forth by Sandokhan.
This gets confusing when it is causing the wind, but not being responsible for the waves. Both contain water (at mildly different states of matter) and both contain air (what the last brackets said).
I am hoping Sandokhan can help, but they are probably busy :(.

If anyone else can help, it would be much appreciated.
Lecture 3: the equations of
motion, the Coriolis force, and
the geostrophic balance
Atmosphere, Ocean, Climate
Dynamics
EESS 146B/246B
https://pangea.stanford.edu/courses/EESS146Bweb/Lecture%203.pdf

Mysfit

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 09:17:29 PM »
Lecture 3: the equations of
motion, the Coriolis force, and
the geostrophic balance
Atmosphere, Ocean, Climate
Dynamics
EESS 146B/246B
https://pangea.stanford.edu/courses/EESS146Bweb/Lecture%203.pdf

I got to page 4 when I came across problems.
"The Coriolis force causes moving objects to veer to the right (left) in the Northern
(Southern) Hemisphere."
Within a non-rotating flat earth model, there is no sphere to break into hemis.

I think i'm not being clear with my posts. I am trying to solve this for a gravity-less, flat, non-rotating plane of indeterminate shape.
I know the world is a sphere and such, I am just trying to make the best of this as a thought experiment.
Anything we can come up with will be suggested for the wiki.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 09:52:20 PM »
There's the bi-poolar flat earth model. Divided into northern and southern 'hemiplanes', as they are called.

Mysfit

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 11:46:30 PM »
Yeah, but for that to work without rotation, you’d need an aetheric constant that does the opposite from the outside. Sandokhan has something, but requires changing of how numbers work. Numbers are hard enough for folks.
The solution to the wind problem shouldn’t need mathematics to change. Unless all solutions do... Please don’t make maths change.

HorstFue

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 09:16:43 PM »
“Globally, the two major driving factors of large-scale wind patterns (the atmospheric circulation) are the differential heating between the equator and the poles (difference in absorption of solar energy leading to buoyancy forces) and the rotation of the planet.”
It does say large scale wind patterns are caused by differential heating and rotation of the planet.

Wind alone - neglecting any "large scale patterns" - is caused by barometric pressure differences, which again are mainly caused by differential heating of the atmosphere. The wind tries to equalize the pressure difference and so blows from high to low pressure.

You find this effect in "small scale" at any coastal areas: During the day the sun heats the land more than the sea, as the specific heat capacity of land is less than that of water. So the air above the land gets relatively warmer than the air above the sea. Warmer air means less barometric pressure, so the wind blows from Sea to Land. In calm weather, this can be observed frequently.
During the night the effect is quite the opposite, as the land cools down more quickly than the sea.

Now you only need the additional explanation for "large scale patterns", why the wind does not blow in a straight line from the high to the low pressure.

Mysfit

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 09:30:02 PM »
Thanks for elaborating.
I have slowly been making my way through Sandokhan's advanced flat earth theory in search of this additional info.
I have been skipping ones that I can't understand, so I just hope it's not in one of those.

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 06:49:34 AM »
Wave are created by the ships cruising the sea. How else?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 03:40:54 PM »
Wave are created by the ships cruising the sea. How else?

Refrain from low-content posting in the upper fora. Warned.