MrAtlas

Re: Why do you believe the Earth is Flat ?
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2016, 09:13:30 PM »

It's not right. You can't see molecules through a visual microscope. It's all electronic microscopes and data are bring processed through a computer before you see it. Just like any pictures you see on your computer.

If the Earth is flat with no curvatures, you would be able to send a powerful laser beam from the British west coast to the american east coast. But you can't. However, you can reflect a laser beam on the moon because there's a laser reflector up there.

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2016, 09:27:06 PM »

It's not right. You can't see molecules through a visual microscope. It's all electronic microscopes and data are bring processed through a computer before you see it. Just like any pictures you see on your computer.

If the Earth is flat with no curvatures, you would be able to send a powerful laser beam from the British west coast to the american east coast. But you can't. However, you can reflect a laser beam on the moon because there's a laser reflector up there.

Nasa never landed on the moon - thus no retroreflectors were planted on the moon - thus no laser pinging has occured - at least not in the way they have stated it has

You obviously believe Nasa landed on the moon as well...   Astonishing...

MrAtlas

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2016, 09:38:19 PM »

Any modern university with the right equipment can proof you wrong on that on.

I can see for a 'Flat Earther' that the Moon landings would be difficult do digest. But where do we have the common nominator? Do you believe in John Glenn? Yuri Gagarin? The Wright Brothers? 

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2016, 09:44:07 PM »

I can see for a 'Flat Earther' that the Moon landings would be difficult do digest. But where do we have the common nominator? Do you believe in John Glenn? Yuri Gagarin? The Wright Brothers?

And this is where my debate with you ends. I refuse to lower myself to the level of someone who actually believes NASA has landed on the moon despite the mountains of evidence that has proven otherwise.

MrAtlas

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2016, 09:51:55 PM »

So your personal arrogance won over scientific evidence? I wish you all the best my 'open minded and free thinking' friend.

« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2016, 10:21:49 PM »

So your personal arrogance won over scientific evidence? I wish you all the best my 'open minded and free thinking' friend.

All due respect - anyone who has investigated the "Moon Landing" and still believes it actually occurred deserves the wrath that is my arrogance.

MrAtlas

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2016, 06:15:02 AM »

The so called Moon landings hoax has been debunked thousands of times. That's a fact. That's why 90 % of the population believe in the Moon landings (I know the number is slightly smaller in the US, but here we're talking about a country where 40% of the population can't point out Canada on a map, so stupidity is prevalent).

So 90% of the population deserves your arrogance? Reflect on this for a moment.

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2016, 06:31:16 PM »
The Earth is not flat sorry to break it to you. First off don't say "I can't see it in a plane or on the ground" you would have to be much higher than that to see the curvature of the Earth second the biggest thing wrong with your beliefs is that gravity would simply make living impossible (in most places) as you get closer to one of the edges of earth you would start to get sinked into the middle because gravity pulls everything to center mass so by the time you reach "edge" you would fly backwards from gravity. But I have heard you think we are just falling infinitely and if you think this is true you guys are not worth my time.

geckothegeek

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2016, 04:11:44 AM »
I think there may be some reason for some of the outlandish flat earth statements.
One of them is the "The horizon is an indistinct blur which fades away at some infinite distance." This may have seemed perfectly true to some person who lived in London or in any other town in England  in the time of Rowbotham. He looked out his window and the earth looked flat . He looked out his window and it did look that way with the pea soup fog and the smoke from the coal fires at that time, so he would have assumed there was some truth in Rowbotham's statement.
Of course some native in Brighton or some sea coast town which enjoyed bright sunshine and clear days might have thought otherwise.
I also believe Rowbotham was a shrewd business man - con man if you will - who found he could make a few pounds by lecturing on his flat earth ideas to the largely uneducated masses of the day.
Just two "IMHO's" in regard to FES.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2016, 04:14:29 AM »

I think there may be some reason for some of the outlandish flat earth statements.
One of them is the "The horizon is an indistinct blur which fades away at some infinite distance." This may have seemed perfectly true to some person who lived in London or in any other town in England  in the time of Rowbotham. He looked out his window and the earth looked flat . He looked out his window and it did look that way with the pea soup fog and the smoke from the coal fires at that time, so he would have assumed there was some truth in Rowbotham's statement.
Of course some native in Brighton or some sea coast town which enjoyed bright sunshine and clear days might have thought otherwise.
I also believe Rowbotham was a shrewd business man - con man if you will - who found he could make a few pounds by lecturing on his flat earth ideas to the largely uneducated masses of the day.

Irrelevant.

geckothegeek

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2016, 04:17:57 AM »

In addition to the universities, many astronomical observatories can prove you wrong and can demonstrate how they can and do the laser measurements. I'm thinking of Mc Donald Observatory as a good source for information for just one example.

Why not just say the Wright Brothers flight was a fake and aeronautics are all lies and fakes ,too ?

geckothegeek

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2016, 04:22:22 AM »

Irrelevant.

Maybe so. But I thought maybe  it might explain why some persons might  believe that the earth is flat.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2016, 04:37:01 AM »

In addition to the universities, many astronomical observatories can prove you wrong

I'd be interested in speaking to someone who can objectively prove a negative.

MrAtlas

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2016, 05:51:04 AM »

It is interesting that you put more value in the right person than the right argument. You must be the wet dream for anybody who want to control the world. ;)

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2016, 03:52:26 PM »
I looked out my window and it was flat.

Wow, that proves everything!

This is a simplistic statement that covers the essence of flat-earth theory for many.  The earth is flat because that's how we see it.  People say it's a sphere, but that's counter-intuitive and notoriously difficult to demonstrate.  It makes more sense that it's flat and we aren't swayed, as of yet, with evidence to the contrary.
You should not pick what is easy to believe with that logic you should think the Earth is only as old as the oldest person alive because that's all you have seen and known

« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2016, 03:57:15 PM »
I know this does not have to do with the Earth but how does the moon work. And for the love of god don't say its a hologram. Ancient people thousands of years ago wrote and knew about the moon (and they did not have holograms) also how does or atmosphere work.

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2016, 04:05:56 PM »
If popular opinion is how science is done these days then it's fallen farther than I've thought.  Shall we dispense with science and simply vote on what's true from now on?
Yes but these people like sailors know the science behind it and have seen it personally