Offline bone83

• View Profile
Sun behind the horizon.
« on: June 02, 2015, 06:34:08 PM »
Hi everyone. !st of all i'd like to intruduce my self. I come from Poland and I am 32 years old. I do study the theory since a while but still got a few not answered questions. Like for example, what is happening with the sun after it disappears behind the horizon? If the earth is relaly flat we should see the sun all the time if it is a glowing ball no metter the distance. There should be less light but i dont have an explanation for the sunset. In some parts of the world the sun at the sunset is really big. Enlight me someone please.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Sun behind the horizon.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 05:40:29 PM »
We have an article on this subject: http://wiki.tfes.org/The_Setting_of_the_Sun

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 06:24:32 AM »
That makes no sense at all.  How about measurements from many different places at the same time?

Offline JRowe

• Slowly being driven insane by RE nonsense
    • View Profile
    • Dual Earth Theory
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 10:51:14 AM »
The dual earth model (see sig) uses a different answer: what we see is just the image of the sun, which sets as we'd expect, when the light rotates way from us.
It's complicated, but so is most new science.
My DE model explained here.
Open to questions, but if you're curious start there rather than expecting me to explain it all from scratch every time.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 01:34:52 PM »
That makes no sense at all.  How about measurements from many different places at the same time?

Different points on earth would have different perspective lines in relation the the surface and the sun, and will therefore see see the sun in a different position in the sky.

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 04:02:01 PM »

Different points on earth would have different perspective lines in relation the the surface and the sun, and will therefore see see the sun in a different position in the sky.
Diagram please with observed measurements. 

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 04:45:31 PM »

Why do you need a diagram to know that when you are beneath the sun it will be overhead and when you are 1000 miles away from it, it will be at an angle to you?

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 07:27:26 PM »

Why do you need a diagram to know that when you are beneath the sun it will be overhead and when you are 1000 miles away from it, it will be at an angle to you?
If the sun is above me what will the angle be at 4 positions 1000 miles away from me, each at 90, 180, 270 and 360 degrees?

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 07:54:58 PM »

Because it would be interesting to see if the diagram matches real world observations.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 09:48:07 PM »

If the sun is above me what will the angle be at 4 positions 1000 miles away from me, each at 90, 180, 270 and 360 degrees?

I don't know. I have not measured that. I can only be in one place at a time.

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 09:59:26 PM »

I don't know. I have not measured that. I can only be in one place at a time.
That proves your claim is invalid if you cannot prove it.  What would you predict it to be?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 11:10:19 PM »
That proves your claim is invalid if you cannot prove it.  What would you predict it to be?

The idea that the sun is descending by perspective is an interpretation of its descent, just like the idea that the earth is round and spinning is an interpretation of its descent.

Which scientist measured the position and descent of the sun and proved it to be the cause of a round world?

Rama Set

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2015, 12:26:57 AM »

The idea that the sun is descending by perspective is an interpretation of its descent, just like the idea that the earth is round and spinning is an interpretation of its descent.

Which scientist measured the position and descent of the sun and proved it to be the cause of a round world?

How can a sun set cause the world to be round?

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2015, 02:27:25 AM »
Hi everyone. !st of all i'd like to intruduce my self. I come from Poland and I am 32 years old. I do study the theory since a while but still got a few not answered questions. Like for example, what is happening with the sun after it disappears behind the horizon? If the earth is relaly flat we should see the sun all the time if it is a glowing ball no metter the distance. There should be less light but i dont have an explanation for the sunset. In some parts of the world the sun at the sunset is really big. Enlight me someone please.
Greetings and welcome to FES studint!

You see the sun circels above the earth and what looks like a sunset to us is actuley just the sun runing its corse. What hapens is that it moves away from us and is hiden away by the atmisphere thus creating the fenominon of day and nite! Its as simpel as that !
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2015, 06:22:21 AM »

How can a sun set cause the world to be round?
The round earth results in the observation of the sun.  QED.